NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

At another point in his career, I could've seen him going to NY, but, like you say, zippo chance of that happening now.
LBJ's wife and mother, fwiw, were strongly opposed to him going to work for Gilbert after what he wrote, but LeBron went back in spite of Gilbert.

Plus, to even have a shot at getting LeBron back, Gilbert had to hop on his plane and fly down to Miami to fellate him. LBJ went back in spite of Gilbert.

Right, I was saying that in the context of I don't think Lebron is going to not go to the Knicks because Phil Jackson, who isn't there anymore, badmouthed Melo. He's not going to go there because they suck

78 points for Philly in the first half against Cleveland.
No Embiid either.
Sorry but the Cavs defense sucks.
It’s not even top half of the league.

LeBron’s offense has been amazing but their D is awful at 3 positions.

Triple Double for Greg Monroe? Yup

78 points for Philly in the first half against Cleveland.
No Embiid either.
Sorry but the Cavs defense sucks.
It’s not even top half of the league.

LeBron’s offense has been amazing but their D is awful at 3 positions.

And that was the first half. How did it go from there?

Cavs / Philly was awesome.

If Simmons gets even an average shot, he’ll be top 15 in the league.

Great game.

Not a big fan of the concept of a good loss, and I ain't no fanboy or pollyanna, but I think the Cavs came away feeling just fine about coming back from 30 down tonight to take it to the wire on the road against a hot, talented, young, rested team that had been the Washington Generals in recent years. And this was the Cavs' second game of a back-to-back after coming from 17 down last night against the Wiz midway through the 4th quarter to win by 4.

Embiid out, he's so, so sweet, love his game, love his personality. And while they're no Joel Embiid, both Cavs point guards, George Hill and Jose Calderson, were out again, so they were playing without a point guard. Hill is a solid pg, good defender. And Calderon, when he's played, has been a great fit with LeBron.

If the game ended at halftime tonight, it would've been a great win for the Sixers. But they gave up a 30-point lead and barely held on.

Only thing that might've hurt the Cavs is that they're now 1/2 a game behind Philly for the third seed and the Sixers' final games are at home against Dallas, at Atlanta, and home against Milwaukee. Cavs have Knicks twice, at home and in the Garden.

No back-to-backs in playoffs, no one-offs, a team has to win four times. Nuts for Embiid and Simmons, et al., but, in their first year in the post-season, are they beating LeBron, who's familiar with the routine?

Right, I was saying that in the context of I don't think Lebron is going to not go to the Knicks because Phil Jackson, who isn't there anymore, badmouthed Melo. He's not going to go there because they suck

Suck is too generous a word for the Knicks. This franchise has been awful for almost 20 years now save for one or two decent seasons during the Melo years.

As a Knicks fan, my passion for the NBA has been absolutely sapped. I can’t watch a game without getting jealous and angry about how well other teams have rebuilt and found success. It’s been year after year of the same garbage with the Knicks. The only possible comparison I can make in sports are the Cleveland Browns and Arizona Coyotes.

Maybe one day, I can be proud again as a Knicks fan and not be ashamed when talking to fans of other teams. I doubt it though. I don’t blame any top talent for not wanting to come to New York.

Isn't it conceivable he's a top 15 player right now?

If he gets an average jumper, is it crazy to say he will be a top 15 player, like, in history? (i am pretty high on him as you can tell)

Wait until the playoffs when the opposing team puts him on an island daring him to shoot. He won’t look so hot.

He has taken (and made) zero three point attempts that aren’t time-expiring heaves and only three two point attempts (as of March 1st) of twenty feet or more, again, due to the clock expiring.

His FT% is at 56%.

No way in today’s NBA can your lead ball handler not be able to shoot threes (or shoot jump shots) and not make FTs. I don’t care what else he does.

And that was the first half. How did it go from there?
132 points in 4 quarters is terrible defense.
LeBron is a machine offensively and unstoppable but he is the only above average defender they have beyond a Thompson.

Suck is too generous a word for the Knicks. This franchise has been awful for almost 20 years now save for one or two decent seasons during the Melo years.

As a Knicks fan, my passion for the NBA has been absolutely sapped. I can’t watch a game without getting jealous and angry about how well other teams have rebuilt and found success. It’s been year after year of the same garbage with the Knicks. The only possible comparison I can make in sports are the Cleveland Browns and Arizona Coyotes.

Maybe one day, I can be proud again as a Knicks fan and not be ashamed when talking to fans of other teams. I doubt it though. I don’t blame any top talent for not wanting to come to New York.
How the Knicks beat the Heat last night has to be frustrating.
The Bulls, Nets could have passed them and now with that win it’s highly unlikely and the Knicks will lose 2 lottery spots for a dumb win.

The Bulls, Nets could have passed them and now with that win it’s highly unlikely and the Knicks will lose 2 lottery spots for a dumb win.

Hi! Welcome to being a Knicks fan. We meet at the bar on Tuesdays.

(I know you aren’t a Knicks fan)

Btw - my post above doesn’t mean I don’t like Simmons. I can watch him play all day. Just don’t think he’s top 15.

Btw - my post above doesn’t mean I don’t like Simmons. I can watch him play all day. Just don’t think he’s top 15.

I get it, the shooting is an issue. Even last night, they were trying to keep him away from the ball late in the game then Cle was gonna foul. Playoffs will be interesting though.

But I don't know, he's averaging 16-8-8 and grades out as a good, if not better, defender, as far as I know. There are a lot of great players in the league, maybe he's not top 15 yet, but he's gotta be knocking on the door.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Frustrating. Knicks are 2 ahead (or behind, if you will) the Nets, and 1 from the Bulls. If the Knicks can lose out, which shouldn't be a problem, they're going to end up tied with at least one of them, the Bulls and the Nets play each other twice.

I get it, the shooting is an issue. Even last night, they were trying to keep him away from the ball late in the game then Cle was gonna foul. Playoffs will be interesting though.

But I don't know, he's averaging 16-8-8 and grades out as a good, if not better, defender, as far as I know. There are a lot of great players in the league, maybe he's not top 15 yet, but he's gotta be knocking on the door.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Frustrating. Knicks are 2 ahead (or behind, if you will) the Nets, and 1 from the Bulls. If the Knicks can lose out, which shouldn't be a problem, they're going to end up tied with at least one of them, the Bulls and the Nets play each other twice.
When Giannis and Middleton sit out the Knicks will beat the Bucks.
The Bucks don’t want to win.

How do you think ROY will work out? Simmons and Mitchell have both had historically great rookie seasons. Could they go co-ROY? Would be a shame for one of them to not be recognized.

How do you think ROY will work out? Simmons and Mitchell have both had historically great rookie seasons. Could they go co-ROY? Would be a shame for one of them to not be recognized.
Simmons shouldn’t get it but he will.
That RS year where he got to work with professional trainers and coaches is huge.
Simmons is likely going to get 3rd team all-NBA because of Kyrie's injury.

Simmons shouldn’t get it but he will.
That RS year where he got to work with professional trainers and coaches is huge.
Simmons is likely going to get 3rd team all-NBA because of Kyrie's injury.

Yeah, Blake Griffin got it. David Robinson too - not the same thing but he had the advantage of being a 24 year old grown man. Then again they gave it to Brogdon last year instead of Saric. I think if it’s close enough they’ll give it to the “true rookie”, if it’s not close enough they give it to the guy that clearly had the better year.

I think they go Simmons.

I think it's Simmons.

Fwiw (nothing?) they're basically the same age, Simmons is 2 months older.
When Giannis and Middleton sit out the Knicks will beat the Bucks.
The Bucks don’t want to win.

Yeah I see Giannis is now out. I assume they're trying to stay in the 7 spot

I may be forgetting some obvious ones but this seems like one of the better rookie of the year races doesn’t it? Best ones I remember were Grant Hill and Jason Kidd - where they went co-rookie of the year. And Carmelo-LeBron, where LeBron won.

Personally I felt like Hill should’ve won straight up, and that Carmelo-Lebron should’ve been co-winners. So I’d be 0-2 on those.

And before my time, but Bird won straight up over Magic when statistically and impact wise they had to be as close to equal as you could get it seems? Makes me 0-3. So if I’m going Simmons this year, that probably means either they go Mitchell or co-winners?

Cedi Osman.

Big Ben, though, I think will get it for legit reasons, as well as the feel-good story of the Sixers coming back from the near-dead to become a possible playoff force. Ben plays in a higher-profile market than Donovan does, too, for a franchise with a rich history in one of the greatest basketball towns -- the best, I think.

I think it's Simmons.

Fwiw (nothing?) they're basically the same age, Simmons is 2 months older.

Yeah I see Giannis is now out. I assume they're trying to stay in the 7 spot
Knicks should sit out Beasley and Burke.

On Simmons it isn’t the age it’s that he got a year around pro ball even though he sat our.
Mitchell is a true rookie.
I think this year’s all rookie team is pretty good.

Simmons
Mitchell
Tatum
Kuzma
Markkanen

Is a strong first team.
Probably the best since the Love-Rose-Westbrook-Lopez- DeAndre class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom