NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Nerlens Noel gets the 1 year 4.8 million qualifying deal from Dallas. Turned down 4 years 70 million because he wanted the max.

Can't say I've seen anything from him that shows he's a potential max guy. It seems 4 for 70 million is about the best he can do. We'll see.

Nerlens Noel gets the 1 year 4.8 million qualifying deal from Dallas. Turned down 4 years 70 million because he wanted the max.

Can't say I've seen anything from him that shows he's a potential max guy. It seems 4 for 70 million is about the best he can do. We'll see.

Big bet on himself, I guess we'll see how much he gets next summer. Plus maybe he didn't want to be in Dallas?

He can be an asset running the floor and defending the rim. On offense though; not so much.

I have a hard time seeing this trade get voided ultimately. Like Alsacs said, Cleveland was taking this trade offer for the Brooklyn pick. That's simply something that Milwaukee cannot offer.

The only real alternative I could see is giving Phoenix another chance to offer up Josh Jackson or something but I think this trade ultimately ends up going through.

I think both teams have too much incentive to get this done, I think it ends up being done.

I agree the Brooklyn pick is huge, but Cleveland also has to do everything they can this year to compete. If they thought IT really couldn't contribute this year, maybe you do have to back out.

Boston isn't giving up more.

Quite frankly Ainge is better off walking away and dealing with Isaiah than giving into black mail.

Tell Cleveland to fail the physical and take the Bucks offer. That offer helps them more next year anyway.

The Brooklyn pick goes away. Isaiah isn't going to be out the whole year.
He is expected on the court around Halloween. If it's a few more weeks okay. I don't give up anymore assets when the consensus outside of Boston is that Cleveland did better.

Big bet on himself, I guess we'll see how much he gets next summer. Plus maybe he didn't want to be in Dallas?

He can be an asset running the floor and defending the rim. On offense though; not so much.

All the terrible big man contracts happened last summer and Nerlens thought he would be weighed against those contracts. Totally misread the market.

I've heard there are still issues with the folks that surround him, not sure how much influence that had versus how much of it is his agent's fault.

He better hope he stays healthy.

Boston isn't giving up more.

Quite frankly Ainge is better off walking away and dealing with Isaiah than giving into black mail.

Tell Cleveland to fail the physical and take the Bucks offer. That offer helps them more next year anyway.

The Brooklyn pick goes away. Isaiah isn't going to be out the whole year.
He is expected on the court around Halloween. If it's a few more weeks okay. I don't give up anymore assets when the consensus outside of Boston is that Cleveland did better.

Regardless of if this trade goes through or not, at some point Ainge has to take a shot at the title and getting Kyrie had teed them up for that down the road.

Cleveland landing that pick and IT solved for two things: 1) it gave them a legitimate #2 scorer to pair with Lebron to give them one last run before he bolts and 2) the pick helped for the future, again, after Lebron leaves.

I thought this trade was good for both teams when it happened and I think it will hurt both teams if it falls apart.

The trade is going to get vetoed.
Cleveland wants more and Ainge isn't going to give anymore.

So Kyrie is going to Milwaukee.

DIMSY2EWsAELvBo

Last edited:
The Cavs reportedly will ask for Jayson Tatum or Jaylen Brown to complete the Kyrie Irving trade.
NBA Rumors: Cavs Will ‘Try To Inquire’ About Jayson Tatum To Complete Kyrie Irving Trade

Cancel the trade now. Okay Cleveland you really think Boston is going to give one of those 2.

Ainge would get killed if he did that.

To be fair, the story is really that the Cavs plan to ask for an additional 1st round pick; not one of those two guys. The headline is pretty misleading, but can't say I blame them since it'll obviously get clicks.

Boston shouldn't add an additional 1st either. We all know the Brooklyn pick is the big chip that Cleveland wants from any of the trade offers they've supposedly received.

To be fair, the story is really that the Cavs plan to ask for an additional 1st round pick; not one of those two guys. The headline is pretty misleading, but can't say I blame them since it'll obviously get clicks.

Boston shouldn't add an additional 1st either. We all know the Brooklyn pick is the big chip that Cleveland wants from any of the trade offers they've supposedly received.

Boston also wants Irving, they don't want this deal to fall through. Neither side does. Only way I'd see the Cavs pullin' the plug on this deal is if the new gm, Koby Altman, has found an equally good or better offer in the meantime, which I doubt.

Can't blame 'em for asking.

They'll end up with a second-round draft pick or two.
I' do that give them a couple 2nd round picks.
Isaiah isn't out for the year. It will be weeks or a month at most.

Woj said the Cavs would ask for Brown or Tatum.

That is just not happening. I agree with your premise though. They are completely overreacting to Isaiah's injury. If he was going to be out for a long time the Celtics would have had him take surgery in June and better ready in January.

Kyrie was out till around Christmas two seasons ago, when the Cavs beat the Warriors for the title.

Cavs will be fine with Derrick Rose and Jose Calderon in the meantime, maybe with some cameos from a young Isaiah, Kay Felder. Too bad Deron Williams pooped the bed in the finals. He looked good alongside LeBron until then.

Is it possible the Cavs doctors don't agree? I thought i read he hadn't even started running yet?

Is it possible the Cavs doctors don't agree? I thought i read he hadn't even started running yet?
Yeah, both could be true that the Celtics were transparent but the Cavs doctor views the injury as more severe now that they got to see what Thomas is dealing with.

Yeah, both could be true that the Celtics were transparent but the Cavs doctor views the injury as more severe now that they got to see what Thomas is dealing with.

And just so it doesn't look like I'm piling on the Celtics here, it's entirely possible Cleveland sees this an an opportunity to extract an additional asset out of Boston. The Cleveland doctors may have an incentive to lean toward a diagnosis that sees IT missing more time.

If he was out for the year the Boston doctors would have had Isaiah get surgery in May/June he would have been our 6 months and back in January.
Cleveland doctors can feel differently but I trust the Boston doctors would not have recommended what they did if they felt Isaiah would be out for the whole season. Cleveland should just cancel the trade and take the Milwaukee offer.

Also Kyrie isn't exactly a non-injury risk.
Screw them and have them cancel the trade.
Take Brogdon and Middleton and lose to Golden State and watch LeBron move out West.

At this point I would deal with a pissed off IT over giving into extortion. If they have concern switch IT with Marcus Smart or no deal.

Also Kyrie isn't exactly a non-injury risk.
Screw them and have them cancel the trade.
Take Brogdon and Middleton and lose to Golden State and watch LeBron move out West.

At this point I would deal with a pissed off IT over giving into extortion. If they have concern switch IT with Marcus Smart or no deal.

There's a difference between a guy who is an injury risk and a guy who is currently injured.

There's a difference between a guy who is an injury risk and a guy who is currently injured.
There's no chance Isaiah Thomas is out for the season or the Boston doctors should be fired immediately.

Cleveland clearly wanted the pick for the future. If they can't get a pic from anywhere but the Knicks t and I doubt the Knicks would give an unprotected first round pick for Kyrie or they would have already then take the Milwaukee offer or take Eric Bledsoe Poopoo platter offer from Phoenix.

Sub Marcus Smart's contract for Isaiah's money and the trade works.

There's no chance Isaiah Thomas is out for the season or the Boston doctors should be fired immediately.

Cleveland clearly wanted the pick for the future. If they can't get a pic from anywhere but the Knicks t and I doubt the Knicks would give an unprotected first round pick for Kyrie or they would have already then take the Milwaukee offer or take Eric Bledsoe Poopoo platter offer from Phoenix.

The Celtics' team doctor is the best in the game.

160826-trump-doctor-mbe_522p_4682d6e21de28872bf7e79a0041ee9f1.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Why are you so fixated on him being lost for the season?

If he's more seriously injured than Cleveland was lead to believe, he's less valuable, and they should get more coming back.

My guess is they'll come to some resolution here, and i know you're coming at this from a Boston POV, but Cleveland has a point here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom