NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

I just looked at their salaries. Wow!
It's a perfect storm of youth, cap space, and a horrible front office.

The Kings are legitimately fascinating to me right now.

It's a perfect storm of youth, cap space, and a horrible front office.

The Kings are legitimately fascinating to me right now.
Waiters Island if he wants to get paid should try to get Sacramento involved.
Waiters apparently has a max one year offer from the Lakers and the Heat are waiting on Hayward.

Waiters Island if he wants to get paid should try to get Sacramento involved.
Waiters apparently has a max one year offer from the Lakers and the Heat are waiting on Hayward.
Waiters on the Lakers could be pretty awesome.

Edit: Given how much the Kings love Hield, I'd be surprised if they have much interest in Waiters.

Waiters on the Lakers could be pretty awesome.

Edit: Given how much the Kings love Hield, I'd be surprised if they have much interest in Waiters.

And then Dion and LeBron can be reunited, like Peaches and Herb, the following season.

Love Dion, hope he continues to fare well, but, man, I can see Lavar and Dion going at it by midseason.

Meanwhile, in Burning River City, Billups turns down front office job. Not sure what this means, other than nobody wants to work for Dan Gilbert 'cause he's so hands-on, won't pay for front office people and is a royal pain in the tush. I hope if LBJ bolts next summer that he drops his drawers and gives Gilbert a big shot of full moon.
Chauncey Billups withdraws from consideration to run Cavaliers

Last edited:
I am going to say this without a Woj bomb I have heard Hayward is going to Boston.

I am going to say this without a Woj bomb I have heard Hayward is going to Boston.

I had a weird dream last night that I playing horse against Hayward, and he was wearing a Celtics jersey.

I had a weird dream last night that I playing horse against Hayward, and he was wearing a Celtics jersey.
Funny, I had a dream last night that I was hanging out with his wife and she was wearing nothing but a Rochester Royals jersey.

FWIW:

I am the loser who watches summer league games. With this said I am so glad Jayson Tatum looks like the best player on the court.

I didn't like the pick but the kid is definitely an NBA player. He may not be a star but he looks Melo ish offensively,

If I were the Celtics I don't play Jaylen Brown in the summer league anymore. He is too good for these players.

Jayson Tatum looked great.

Markelle Fultz looked solid as well. He didn't play well at the very end he missed a FT and missed the game winning shot. He will be good though.

$23 M for J.J. Reddick for ONE season? Really? Did I read that right?

$23 M for J.J. Reddick for ONE season? Really? Did I read that right?
It's one year and doesn't kill Philly's cap space.
He is getting overpaid no doubt but Philly needs a veteran to help their youth. Plus if they suck they can flip him at the deadline.

I feel very good now this is going to happen,

1850034.jpg

If I were Gordon Hayward I would not re-sign with the Jazz solely out of the principle of the "Utah Jazz" never making a lick of sense.

Last edited:

George Hill took the Vivek money.

Thank you George for not going to the Lakers.

George Hill took the Vivek money.

Thank you George for not going to the Lakers.
He horribly misread the market. Word was he could have extended with the Jazz when he was first traded for 4/80.

The Celtics should certainly be interesting with all that length on the wing. If a team like the Pelicans know they can't sign AD they can try and package Tatum or Brown for him now going forward.

Anyway Brad Stevens deserves more credit here than Danny Ainge.

Woj says Hayward's agent says Hayward hasn't made a decision.

I mean it's probably done, but this could get hilarious.

Woj says Hayward's agent says Hayward hasn't made a decision.

I mean it's probably done, but this could get hilarious.

I think this is about to go Deandre.

In reality, if I had to guess, Hayward is going to sign with Boston, but there's still some contractual details they need to hammer out so it's not "done"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom