NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

I think this is about to go Deandre.

In reality, if I had to guess, Hayward is going to sign with Boston, but there's still some contractual details they need to hammer out so it's not "done"
Yeah, I think Hayward was trying to handle this in a very specific way and somebody jumped the gun.

I'd love to see this somehow work out in the Jazz's favor. I mean, the East has been awful for, what, decades now? It's made a ton of sense for a major free agent to go from the East to the West.

Now one does, and it's a one-time all-star leaving an up and coming small market team? That's pretty anticlimactic.

At this point I'd be upset if the celtics dealt Brown and/or Tatum.

We have numerous other assets of value that are more expendable to the future plan.

Woj says Hayward's agent says Hayward hasn't made a decision.

I mean it's probably done, but this could get hilarious.
Seems like Hayward wanted to make the announcement himself/let teams know. ESPN scooped him. Trying to clean it up now. That's my guess.

At this point I'd be upset if the celtics dealt Brown and/or Tatum.

We have numerous other assets of value that are more expendable to the future plan.
I would deal them for Anthony Davis in heartbeat. However watching Tatum he had a very polished offensive game. He reminded me of Melo.
Jaylen Brown is just getting better by the day.

Pretty sure Celtics have to unload a bunch of guys and take the qualifying offer back from Olynyk.
They only have to rescind the QO to Olynyk and trade Crowder and they can fit a max deal.

I bet Danny will offer Utah Crowder and Olynyk if they want to do a sign and trade.

I would deal them for Anthony Davis in heartbeat. However watching Tatum he had a very polished offensive game. He reminded me of Melo.
Jaylen Brown is just getting better by the day.

Depends on Davis' sustained health. Dealing prospects like that away is a dangerous game so long as Lebron and Kyrie remain together in Cleveland. If Lebron stays, there's no telling who they'll add. Do I think he stays? No.

Depends on Davis' sustained health. Dealing prospects like that away is a dangerous game so long as Lebron and Kyrie remain together in Cleveland. If Lebron stays, there's no telling who they'll add. Do I think he stays? No.
If New Orleans said Brown/Tatum/2018 Brooklyn for Anthony Davis right now Danny says yes before Dell Damps hangs up.

They only have to rescind the QO to Olynyk and trade Crowder and they can fit a max deal.

I bet Danny will offer Utah Crowder and Olynyk if they want to do a sign and trade.
Jazz would try to pull some draft picks out of this I would guess.

For the experts what would the benefit be if the Celtics and Jazz did a sign and trade. Beyond Hayward doing Utah a solid on the way out.

For the experts what would the benefit be if the Celtics and Jazz did a sign and trade. Beyond Hayward doing Utah a solid on the way out.
I believe the Celtics need to clear some cap room to offer Gordon the max, so the Celtics needed to do some roster magic anyway.

Beyond that, maybe Hayward wants his 5 year deal?

I believe the Celtics need to clear some cap room to offer Gordon the max, so the Celtics needed to do some roster magic anyway.

Beyond that, maybe Hayward wants his 5 year deal?
Yeah I know how much money they need to clear. I just don't get what the sign and trade does to benefit anybody beyond doing Utah a solid.

They clear the cap space by dumping Kelly Olynyk's qualifying offer which is 7.7 million and Jae Crowder's 7 million off the books.

With that 14.7 million off the Celtics can offer the max.

Can Hayward get a 5th year in a sign and trade? If he can then it makes sense.

Why would you need to kidnap someone if you are the favorite to sign someone. #Celticfail. Dennis Lindsey>Danny Ainge. Tanner Ainge>Danny Ainge. Bovada don't know Bo Diddley. What are the odds this morning on the Celtics signing Gordie.
Bovada isn't in the business of giving money away. They knew something was up with the odds they had.

This off season has been insane, but at the end of the day, GSW will be favored to win the west/title and the Cavs will be favored to win the east.

The only thing that I'm watching at this point is if the Spurs still try to move LMA and after that, it's Bron watch 2018.

This off season has been insane, but at the end of the day, GSW will be favored to win the west/title and the Cavs will be favored to win the east.

The only thing that I'm watching at this point is if the Spurs still try to move LMA and after that, it's Bron watch 2018.
Boston if their young kids Brown and Tatum develop have a chance in 2 years to compete with Golden State.

Next year it's Golden State and Cleveland. I don't see LeBron staying in Cleveland after next year.
The East will become Boston, Philadelphia and I think Miami.

Boston if their young kids Brown and Tatum develop have a chance in 2 years to compete with Golden State.

Next year it's Golden State and Cleveland. I don't see LeBron staying in Cleveland after next year.
The East will become Boston, Philadelphia and I think Miami.

Yeah. I agree that that's the plan. Bron heads west and Boston has the inside track to be the near-term (and maybe long term)eastern conference favorites.

I'll never ignore Riley's ability to get big names. Nothing would surprise me.

Brown, Tatum, Hayward, Horford, Rozier, Bradley, IT, Crowder is formidable.

Yeah, I think Hayward was trying to handle this in a very specific way and somebody jumped the gun.

I'd love to see this somehow work out in the Jazz's favor. I mean, the East has been awful for, what, decades now? It's made a ton of sense for a major free agent to go from the East to the West.

Now one does, and it's a one-time all-star leaving an up and coming small market team? That's pretty anticlimactic.
Plus he leaves almost $50 mil on the table just to go east. He must have really hated it in Utah.

Not all of them will be on the Celtics next season.
Crowder is going to be gone. With Hayward, Tatum, Brown all capable of playing his spot plus their first round pick from France last year they don't need Crowder.
They renounced Olynyk, Green, Jerekbo, all they need is to clear another 5 million.

Celtics could move either Rozier, Bradley, or Crowder.

They will get something in the trade as well.

Crowder is going to be gone. With Hayward, Tatum, Brown all capable of playing his spot plus their first round pick from France last year they don't need Crowder.
They renounced Olynyk, Green, Jerekbo, all they need is to clear another 5 million.

Celtics could move either Rozier, Bradley, or Crowder.

They will get something in the trade as well.
They have work to do to prevent an unbalanced roster. I can see some Celtics fans not being happy with the Hayward signing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom