NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

He is an upgrade for when Horford goes to the bench.
They are pretty similar type bigs except Horford shoots the 3 better but both are good passing bigs and will hit cutters.
Celtics still have 3.8 million in the hardship exception and this tells me Ainge wants Evans and is postering with Memphis.
Evans salary is 3.3 million.

Monroe is kinda meh on defense, no? Horford is a beast there. Reasonable fit for them though. No brainer.

Sigh, I guess this means O'Quinn can't go there.

Did you see the Lowe story about the Bucks from earlier this week?

Yessir, nothing I didn't already know other than the specifics of the Jabari contract offer and Kidd asking each player who they thought the best player was lol

So does Fizidale get the Cavs job Monday or at the All Star break.

The Cavs teammates are quiting on LeBron.
Also Love is frustrated to be missing the all star game due to injury again.

I get it. It's suited to his defensive ability and effort.

So does Fizidale get the Cavs job Monday or at the All Star break.

The Cavs teammates are quiting on LeBron.

This is all speculation on my part:

1) most players not named LeBron look at Lue as his lackey.

2) players know Bron is gone after the season, which means he's probably proactively teeing up the players on his new team (hey PG13!) and it's hurting the team.

3) they are all mad because almost all of them have been rumored in a trade and Bron is the de facto GM.

I love LeBron. I think he's at least the fifth best player ever and probably third (at least on my list). I don't take for granted getting to watch him play. But his fingerprints are all over this team's issues.

2) players know Bron is gone after the season, which means he's probably proactively teeing up the players on his new team (hey PG13!) and it's hurting the team.

3) they are all mad because almost all of them have been rumored in a trade and Bron is the de facto GM.

I love LeBron. I think he's at least the fifth best player ever and probably third (at least on my list). I don't take for granted getting to watch him play. But his fingerprints are all over this team's issues.
I know it won't happen, but it would be the smartest move for Cleveland to trade LeBron.

Brad Stevens is a wizard.

Man these Celtics are short handed and still find a way to win these games.

Toronto-Boston could be the ECF.
LeBron is still the man though.

I know it won't happen, but it would be the smartest move for Cleveland to trade LeBron.
LeBron has a no trade clause.
The only team I could see him agreeing to would be Houston but I don’t see the Cavs taking back Anderson, Gordon unless the Rockets included like 8 first round picks.

Brad Stevens is a wizard.

Man these Celtics are short handed and still find a way to win these games.

Toronto-Boston could be the ECF.
LeBron is still the man though.

Love Al Horford. And his old man, Tito.

In two years, Giannis, Jabari, Middleton, and Brogdon have played zero seconds together.

That's kinda like how the Mets pitching rotation has never made one turn all the way through healthy. That sucks.

I was there Saturday night. Was hoping for a good game but the Cavs got just destroyed. It looked like a middle school team out there. Defense was epically bad. Open threes, layups everywhere.

I was there Saturday night. Was hoping for a good game but the Cavs got just destroyed. It looked like a middle school team out there. Defense was epically bad. Open threes, layups everywhere.

Defense bad enough, but, all of a sudden, they can’t score, either.

So many issues — not the least of which is, in mid-season, trying to work Peter Dinklage, who’s barely played since last spring, into a lead role -- but the overriding problem, to me, is the owner, Gilbert. The wheels began to come off when he let a respected gm and savvy wheeler-dealer, David Griffin, walk after last season while Griffin apparently was working on a deal that would have involved sending Kyrie to Phoenix and bringing Eric Bledsoe and Paul George to Cleveland.

Gilbert, who looks like he sleeps in a tanning bed, replaced Griffin with his 34-year-old assistant, who appears to be the gm in title only. LeBron reportedly recommended not trading Kyrie, but Gilbert -- and Altman -- did, and this time they didn't get Bledsoe or George. They got a bad deal.

And now, it appears, Gilbert is calling all the shots unilaterally and almost seems as if he'd like LeBron to leave, which I don't get.

I think LeBron would like to end his career in Ohio, but he may have no choice but to bolt because of Gilbert's ineptitude as a basketball man. I'd love to see LeBron end his career in a Knicks uni or as a Laker, but don't think either's happening.

If he does bust a move, I’d like to see him take his talents to San Anton to collaborate with Pops, Kawhi, Aldridge, et al., conquer the West, ride off in the sunset to his crib in Westwood.

LeBron James Reportedly Cursed at Cavaliers Executives in 'Heated Meeting'

Last edited:
Why do they call Lebron the King when he clearly is the Drama Queen?

How the heck did Cleveland go from being up 25 at the half to losing by 18?

My god LeBron deserves better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom