NBA 2018-2019 | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Wow. The Bucks being one of 4 teams Davis would reportedly sign with has me rethinking this offseason. I was thinking before that we should just trade for long-term contracts since the top tier free agents wouldn't sign with us. Now it feels like we might actually have a chance. And Davis must believe that Giannis is actually staying in Milwaukee if he's willing to sign long-term here.

Wow. The Bucks being one of 4 teams Davis would reportedly sign with has me rethinking this offseason. I was thinking before that we should just trade for long-term contracts since the top tier free agents wouldn't sign with us. Now it feels like we might actually have a chance. And Davis must believe that Giannis is actually staying in Milwaukee if he's willing to sign long-term here.

maybe this has been discussed before and i missed it, but what does a bucks offer look like? Looks like the Bucks owe 2 future 1's, one to Phoenix, one to Cleveland. Bledsoe about to be a FA, Brogdon RFA.

maybe this has been discussed before and i missed it, but what does a bucks offer look like? Looks like the Bucks owe 2 future 1's, one to Phoenix, one to Cleveland. Bledsoe about to be a FA, Brogdon RFA.

There's really only two ways it can happen and both are super long-shots:

1. New Orleans wants more established guys and they talk to the Bucks players and get an agreement that they'll re-sign long-term:

Middleton, Brogdon, DiVincenzo, DJ Wilson, Thon Maker for Davis (maybe add in a George Hill for Solomon Hill swap if they insist; something like that)

2. A third team gets involved that probably overpays for the Bucks established guys and reroute younger assets to New Orleans:

Thon and DiVincenzo to New Orleans; Middleton, Brogdon, and Christian Wood to Sacramento. Bagley and Shumpert to New Orleans. Bucks could add in the 2nd round picks that they have from Washington or as mentioned before, something like swapping George Hill's non-guaranteed contract for Solomon Hill's deal or something like that.

1. New Orleans wants more established guys and they talk to the Bucks players and get an agreement that they'll re-sign long-term:

Middleton, Brogdon, DiVincenzo, DJ Wilson, Thon Maker for Davis (maybe add in a George Hill for Solomon Hill swap if they insist; something like that)

2. A third team gets involved that probably overpays for the Bucks established guys and reroute younger assets to New Orleans:

Thon and DiVincenzo to New Orleans; Middleton, Brogdon, and Christian Wood to Sacramento. Bagley and Shumpert to New Orleans. Bucks could add in the 2nd round picks that they have from Washington or as mentioned before, something like swapping George Hill's non-guaranteed contract for Solomon Hill's deal or something like that.

Middleton is another guy about to hit FA; I assume you're talking about them making this happen between now and Thursday as opposed to over the summer?

Even if they can't pull this off; it at least gives you an idea of where they stand. Maybe they are a somewhat attractive destination to stars

If Davis is so ant- Celtics does he believe that Kyrie is not resigning? so confusing

Middleton is another guy about to hit FA; I assume you're talking about them making this happen between now and Thursday as opposed to over the summer?

Even if they can't pull this off; it at least gives you an idea of where they stand. Maybe they are a somewhat attractive destination to stars

Yep, and yep.

I don't remember exactly how the whole sign-and-trade thing complicates everything but I imagine that waiting until the offseason would make a tough-to-manage trade even tougher. At the end of the day, I think the Bucks have unfortunately drafted too poorly in recent years to get this done (though at the same time, had we drafted better, we might still have Kidd as coach in which case we probably don't get to this point either). But this gives me more hope than I expected to have moving forwards (though I think our only route to clearing a spot for a max salary is by letting Middleton walk, which I don't think we'll do).

Jazz fans have a pipedream about landing Holiday and Mirotic, and the Jazz have expiring contracts and picks all over the place. I could see them being the type of 3rd team involved to facilitate something.

I'm expecting that if Mike Conley is traded, it'll be to Utah or Detroit.

Having said that, I think there's probably a zero percent chance that this happens, but I kinda think a Conley-John Wall swap makes sense for both teams. Something like Wall, Tomas Satoransky, and Troy Brown for Conley works salary wise.

For Memphis:
This would require them acknowledging that they'll never be able to sign max free agents on their own, so Wall is an opportunity to acquire a borderline-star player that they won't really have an opportunity to do any other time. Swapping Conley for Wall basically solidifies their tank job this year, allowing them to keep their own draft pick and have a shot at Zion/Barrett, either of which would be huge for them. Satoransky can hold it down as the fill-in PG while Wall is hurt and then I believe he's a FA at the end of the year. Troy Brown was a first round pick this year, so they get a nice asset in him.

For Washington:
They get out of that massive contract a year or two early. They don't blow the whole team up (owner has said they do not want to rebuild at all), but at the same time, this shakes up a core that has proven itself to simply not work. I think Conley complements Beal far better than Wall does. At the same time, Brown isn't doing anything for them right now and upgrading from Satoransky to Conley is a gigantic upgrade that almost certainly solidifies Washington as a playoff team once again.

I think the Grizz would want to attach Parsons to Conley in that situation if they were going to take on the Wall deal. Something like Conley/Parsons for Wall/Mahinmi and filler. That chops off an extra $10m for the Grizz next year and the Wizards get long-term relief from that Wall debacle. Believe if Gasol is dealt or turns down his player option that Memphis could work their way into $25-30m in cap space. That could set the stage for Wall & Boogie to finally reconnect. Gets Boogie close to home and with his dude.

Jazz fans have a pipedream about landing Holiday and Mirotic, and the Jazz have expiring contracts and picks all over the place. I could see them being the type of 3rd team involved to facilitate something.

Jazz fans exist?

High up in the mountains. They're a stout people, with bellies full of jell-o and fry sauce.

Figured probably like 10,000 Mitt Romney's.

Is the Wall contract the worst in the league?

Think it's got to be now that the disgusting summer of 2016 ones are all down to just a year left. The money and length is just so brutal. Wiggins is really bad too but Wall avgs $12m more per year which is crazy. The Westbrook and Paul deals are going to be horrific in 2 years too.

It’s bad, but I would say no because he’s at least a good player. Wiggins is making a crap ton too and he’s legitimately bad. Also guys like Ryan Anderson making $20+ million and being healthy scratches every game.

Wall certainly isn’t worth the money but I think sinking $20+ million into guys that don’t play even when healthy or play poorly when healthy is worse.

Of course Wall just signed his so it’s a bad contract longer than those guys.

Not sure if this is how you define worst, but I think it’s the most impossible to trade by a country mile.

Pelicans want 4 first and second rounders. Kuzma/Ingram/ Zubac/ hart and now that Lavar is spouting off about Phoenix, get them involved and we want the assets for the Lonzo trade too.

Magic should really just walk away at this point, getting a bit ridiculous. Almost like Pels are just playing with him now.

All that said, I think Pels will clean house on April and the new GM and probably the new pres of basketball ops will make the deal for AD. That is of course the Lakers offer something just ridiculous

Pelicans want 4 first and second rounders. Kuzma/Ingram/ Zubac/ hart and now that Lavar is spouting off about Phoenix, get them involved and we want the assets for the Lonzo trade too.

Magic should really just walk away at this point, getting a bit ridiculous. Almost like Pels are just playing with him now.

All that said, I think Pels will clean house on April and the new GM and probably the new pres of basketball ops will make the deal for AD. That is of course the Lakers offer something just ridiculous

Ramona Shelburne is saying Brad Turner is the most plugged in to these talks on either side. Turner said Lakers offered to send them Kuz, Ingram, Lonzo, Rondo, Beasley, Lance, 2 1st round picks AND take back the Solomon Hill contract. Young players, picks and getting cap relief. I think that's probably a little too much from the Lakers end by selling the farm and then killing your cap situation so you can't add help. I still wouldn't be surprised if LeBron's boy James Jones jumps in as a 3rd team and helps toss some assets in the pot for NO and gets Lonzo in return.

Pelicans are going to end up overplaying their hand. I don't think Ainge offers Tatum this summer who it sounds like NO really wants and I could see offers across the board going down. At that point, the AD pickup would be potentially a 1 year rental as opposed to right now of 1.5 years with the possibility of a playoff run and then flipping to cut losses if it doesn't work.

Ramona Shelburne is saying Brad Turner is the most plugged in to these talks on either side. Turner said Lakers offered to send them Kuz, Ingram, Lonzo, Rondo, Beasley, Lance, 2 1st round picks AND take back the Solomon Hill contract. Young players, picks and getting cap relief. I think that's probably a little too much from the Lakers end by selling the farm and then killing your cap situation so you can't add help. I still wouldn't be surprised if LeBron's boy James Jones jumps in as a 3rd team and helps toss some assets in the pot for NO and gets Lonzo in return.

Pelicans are going to end up overplaying their hand. I don't think Ainge offers Tatum this summer who it sounds like NO really wants and I could see offers across the board going down. At that point, the AD pickup would be potentially a 1 year rental as opposed to right now of 1.5 years with the possibility of a playoff run and then flipping to cut losses if it doesn't work.
Lebron doesn't mind stripping a team and giving minutes to old ass vets his friends.

I agree. I also think people are still not giving BI and Zo enough runway to get better. They are good players that can still get better. If I were a Lakers fan, I would be really nervous if this trade goes through. I know Bron seems superhuman, but he is 36 (I think) and AD isn't exactly a picture of health. Gutting your team for AD is a big risk.