NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

I mean if Pelicans suck next year and Anthony Davis doesn’t sign the extension next year Ainge is set up to go right in offer Brown/Horford contract 2 lottery picks and boom.

Anthony Davis has 2 years left. Next offseason he can sign his supermax if he will only have 1 year left.

Imagine playing in the Finals and then having two top 10 lottery picks.

Thats like something out of the 70s and 80s when teams didn't value draft picks at all. Lakers won the 82 title and then had the first pick that draft

Is Porter going to play this year?
Probably they will hold him out of summer league and see how his back is during training camp.
I wouldn’t just shut him down just because. The kid was a top 5 talent in this Draft.

Probably they will hold him out of summer league and see how his back is during training camp.
I wouldn’t just shut him down just because. The kid was a top 5 talent in this Draft.

They are holding him out for summer league. Apparently Vanderbilt isn't playing either.

I wouldn't be surprised if the do the same thing the Sixers did with Simmons and Embiid and not play him at all.

Thats like something out of the 70s and 80s when teams didn't value draft picks at all. Lakers won the 82 title and then had the first pick that draft

Stepien Rule.

Lakers traded Dan Ford and the 22nd pick in 1980 for Cavs 1982 pick which was first overall and got them James Worthy.

They are holding him out for summer league. Apparently Vanderbilt isn't playing either.

I wouldn't be surprised if the do the same thing the Sixers did with Simmons and Embiid and not play him at all.
Makes sense as they are pretty a borderline 50 win team without him.

The West is such a dogfight next year.
Really only the Mavs and Kings have no chance at the playoffs next year.

Stepien Rule.

Lakers traded Dan Ford and the 22nd pick in 1980 for Cavs 1982 pick which was first overall and got them James Worthy.

I think there a bunch of trades like that. Teams just had no concept of the value of picks.
Picked a random year, 1981, the first 3 picks were made by the team that held them. But 4, 5, 6,7, 9, and 10 were all traded, 3 of them multiple times.
Again, in 1980, 7 of the top 10 picks weren't made by the team that originally held them

You may be right as I don't follow the NBA super closely but it seemed to me that the NBA valued draft picks more back then and not less. Nowadays it seems anything outside the 15th pick is nothing to get worked up about. This year several teams either had no first round pick or no pick at all.

If Kanter somehow decides to opt out, the Knicks should see what Denver would kick in to dump Faried on them.
Is Faried an expiring contract?
If so Denver can find a deal for him if not why would the Knicks waste cap space for next offseason.

You may be right as I don't follow the NBA super closely but it seemed to me that the NBA valued draft picks more back then and not less. Nowadays it seems anything outside the 15th pick is nothing to get worked up about. This year several teams either had no first round pick or no pick at all.

I think in the period I was referencing, teams just threw them around. They needed to create a rule (stepien rule) to stop this. Which is funny because there was a lot less projecting of college players needed then because they played 3 or 4 years

Is Faried an expiring contract?
If so Denver can find a deal for him if not why would the Knicks waste cap space for next offseason.

Faried is up after next season. Denver has been trying to trade him for a while it seems. Kanter isn't gonna opt out anyway, so I guess it's all moot.

I would still gladly take Faried in Milwaukee; lord knows we could use the rebounding.

With the recent news that Carmelo might get bought out, I was thinking about the possibility of the entire All-NBA 1st team from a random year in the mid 2000s playing together, but I guess Melo never made a 1st team and Dwight/CP3 were never both on the 1st team in the same year together.

A CP3, Wade, Melo, LeBron, Dwight lineup would be hilarious in 2019 though and is technically possible even if it's very unlikely.

With the recent news that Carmelo might get bought out, I was thinking about the possibility of the entire All-NBA 1st team from a random year in the mid 2000s playing together, but I guess Melo never made a 1st team and Dwight/CP3 were never both on the 1st team in the same year together.

A CP3, Wade, Melo, LeBron, Dwight lineup would be hilarious in 2019 though and is technically possible even if it's very unlikely.
Lakers patch things up with Dwight, I mean, who knows?

Do you have a link or anything about an Anthony buyout? I’ve literally seen nothing about it anywhere.

I would have voted for Mitchell for ROY. I know Simmons stats say otherwise and I’m probably counting the playoffs, but Mitchell is the first option on his team. Simmons is complementary to Embiid at this point.

I would have voted for Mitchell for ROY. I know Simmons stats say otherwise and I’m probably counting the playoffs, but Mitchell is the first option on his team. Simmons is complementary to Embiid at this point.
Hey I was just wondering what was the title of the 2017 NBA draft threads I want to see what stupid I said.
I said some crazy stuff about that trade and can’t believe it.

Mitchell was the ROY.
I hate the redshirt rookies winning.

so how does the buy out work? and what is the value for Melo? What do you think he could get on the market today?

so how does the buy out work? and what is the value for Melo? What do you think he could get on the market today?
Your owed 26.9 million team gives you say 25 million to just go away.
Team saves 1.9 million and clears a roster spot.
The money stays on the cap but is less cash flow they have to give you.
The player can sign with another team for cheap money because they are getting their money from the team buying them out.
Players on their last year do it after the trade deadline so they can join playoff teams.
If Melo takes the buyout he will likely join whatever team LeBron James goes to probably the Lakers.

A buyout is basically the team agreeing to pay Melo a large percentage of his contract to go play elsewhere.

Instead of paying him his full contract, he might agree to take $20m instead in hopes of finding a better situation and making up the money with whatever team he signs with. The Thunder would do it because it would save them actual money, not cap space and remove a player from the team that will likely turn into more of a negative presense than what he's worth at this point.

Your owed 26.9 million team gives you say 25 million to just go away.
Team saves 1.9 million and clears a roster spot.
The money stays on the cap but is less cash flow they have to give you.
The player can sign with another team for cheap money because they are getting their money from the team buying them out.
Players on their last year do it after the trade deadline so they can join playoff teams.
If Melo takes the buyout he will likely join whatever team LeBron James goes to probably the Lakers.
I'm 100% rooting for a scenario where LeBron, Paul, Melo and Dwight Howard are all on the Lakers next season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom