NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

Pacers agreeing to sign Doug McDermott it takes them out of position to craft a big enough offer sheet for either RFA Aaron Gordon or Marcus Smart.

Lowe is saying part of their pitch to Lebron is they can make a run at Kawhi
I want to know what Philly is willing to give up for Kawhi.
As if asking Boston for Tatum isn’t too much according people here then if I were Pop I want Simmons.

LeBron to 76ers make so much sense.

One, because he boosts the roster.

Two, they don't have a GM.
It doesn’t make sense for Ben Simmons.
They literally play the same type of game but LeBron is better.

It makes sense if they want to move on from a 21 year old Simmons.
LeBron needs spacing on the floor.
Simmons kills that.
Plus the 76ers lost their best 2 bench players and would have to renounce Redick.
It’s not really a good fit unless they will move on from their future.

Very not fine with kawhi and lebron in philly

As if asking Boston for Tatum isn’t too much according people here then if I were Pop I want Simmons.
Give up simmon’s theyd be better with kawhi and lebron. Simmons is very limited in today’s evolving east, i know he has tremendous upside but he will not be good with lebron.

Give up simmon’s theyd be better with kawhi and lebron. Simmons is very limited in today’s evolving east, i know he has tremendous upside but he will not be good with lebron.
While Philly would be better short term with Kawhi and LeBron I want them to do this.
I think Boston could compete with them and they would need Leonard to be healthy and Simmons is their long term piece.
LeBron is 33 and his defense was bad last year. He is still a freak offensively and getting better but part of Cleveland’s problem on defense was LeBron.

Yes, that deal absolutely starts with Simmons.

It doesn’t make sense for Ben Simmons.
They literally play the same type of game but LeBron is better.

It makes sense if they want to move on from a 21 year old Simmons.
LeBron needs spacing on the floor.
Simmons kills that.
Plus the 76ers lost their best 2 bench players and would have to renounce Redick.
It’s not really a good fit unless they will move on from their future.
When it comes to LeBron, it doesn't matter what makes sense for everybody else.

A package built around Fultz, Dario, and Zhaire would be pretty good too. But you gotta ask for Simmons initially if you’re the Spurs.

The interesting thing is Simmons is obviously their main asset they can offer but the lesser assets are better fits around LeBron by a longshot. Like Dario and Covington couldn’t possibly fit better and Fultz should theoretically fit great if he has his shot back.

Last edited:
A package built around Fultz, Dario, and Zhaire would be pretty good too. It you gotta ask for Simmons initially if you’re the Spurs.

The interesting thing is Simmons is obviously their main asset they can offer but the lesser assets are better fits around LeBron by a longshot. Like Dario and Covington couldn’t possibly fit better and Fultz should theoretically fit great if he has his shot back.
Bingo.

I was worried if MCW would get another opportunity. Hopefully he can get enough time as a backup and be a solid contributor. My gosh - he has to get that shooting up to a respectable level though.

A package built around Fultz, Dario, and Zhaire would be pretty good too. But you gotta ask for Simmons initially if you’re the Spurs.

Fultz + Saric + Smith and the 2021 Heat pick has to be the bottom line.
I think the Lakers can top that though.

If horford has another all star year, boston will legitimately be in a perfect position for free agency/trades

If Avery Bradley is looking at a MLE of around 8.9 million next year whomever signs him for that is getting a steal.

It's kind of funny how the sense was LeBron would be the first domino.

Not really shaking out that way.

If Avery Bradley is looking at a MLE of around 8.9 million next year whomever signs him for that is getting a steal.

I wouldnt mind taking him back, unfortunately we dont seem to have much room

I wouldnt mind taking him back, unfortunately we dont seem to have much room
Celtics have the 8.641million non-taxpayer MLE.
They didn’t have to use it to resign Baynes.
Their top target with it is Tyreke Evans.
I am sure Bradley will be a backup.

They won’t go over the luxury tax until resigning Smart. So unless a team offers Smart a real offer the Celtics could bring in a good MLE at 8.6 and then resign Smart and go over it.

Celtics have the 8.641million non-taxpayer MLE.
They didn’t have to use it to resign Baynes.
Their top target with it is Tyreke Evans.
I am sure Bradley will be a backup.

They won’t go over the luxury tax until resigning Smart. So unless a team offers Smart a real offer the Celtics could bring in a good MLE at 8.6 and then resign Smart and go over it.
I’ll root for us offering Smart then. He’s the most underrated piece to the celtics imo.

I’ll root for us offering Smart then. He’s the most underrated piece to the celtics imo.
If the Celtics are smart they offer Smart a multi-year deal in the 4-48 range.
He gets more money next year then he will get and Celtics get security.
Pacers took Doug McDermott which leaves just the Mavs that could try an offer this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom