NBA Playoffs | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

These guys say "hi!"

Chicago-Bulls-72-10-Team-Photo.jpg
I wonder, when his run with Golden State is over, what Steve Kerr will have to say about that.

PER also heavily weights usage, and Melo has a really high usage rate. On Blake/Melo; that's why I called it a dream.

Love has a decent amount of flaws that have become evident; he's really not a good defender. The age thing works in his favor in regards to a trade with Melo, but if the Warriors continue to handle Cle (which I expect) i could see it getting to the point where they move on from Love.

They need to move on from Love and from Kyrie. But the bigger issue is allowing LeBron to run the team. Everything else is a symptom of weak leadership in the organization. Until they fix the org, the rest of the stuff will just be moving deck chairs on the Titanic.

LeBron is an amazing talent, but they would have been better off staying put with Wiggins, firing Blatt immediately when Bron decided to return and getting in an established coach that would command respect.

They need to move on from Love and from Kyrie. But the bigger issue is allowing LeBron to run the team. Everything else is a symptom of weak leadership in the organization. Until they fix the org, the rest of the stuff will just be moving deck chairs on the Titanic.

LeBron is an amazing talent, but they would have been better off staying put with Wiggins, firing Blatt immediately when Bron decided to return and getting in an established coach that would command respect.
I agree with nearly everything here - I'm not sure Blatt really was the problem though. The circumstances neutered him pretty early.

headline is really not good. The tenor of the article isn't that this is the worst supporting cast he's had in the finals (which is good, because that would be a terrible argument), it's more just comparing it to all the other ones to see where it ranks (pretty much in the middle).

It's interesting to me; I get that Lebron, because of who he is, tends to dominate the bulk of the discussion for anything he's involved in, but it seems like people want to go out of their way to not mention how historic of a team the Warriors are.

headline is really not good. The tenor of the article isn't that this is the worst supporting cast he's had in the finals (which is good, because that would be a terrible argument), it's more just comparing it to all the other ones to see where it ranks (pretty much in the middle).

It's interesting to me; I get that Lebron, because of who he is, tends to dominate the bulk of the discussion for anything he's involved in, but it seems like people want to go out of their way to not mention how historic of a team the Warriors are.

Agreed--that was probably not the headline the writer wanted to apply to that article. Instead, it becomes click bait.

Re: how good the Warriors are: I kid you not, last week I listened to ESPN radio, and the entire commute was spent rationalizing how / why the Cavaliers were going to win it all. Lebron is focused, he's got a chip on his shoulder after last year, he's the best player in the NBA and is ready to take it to Steph Curry, he didn't have healthy Love / Irving last year. And on and on and on.

I get that ESPN is often more about the story than reporting sports news, but enough is enough. Lebron led teams have gotten absolutely shellacked the last two trips to the finals, and they are on their way to a third straight decimation. Instead of devoting any time, effort, focus, attention, or credit to the GSW, the narrative was all-Lebron pre-Finals.

That's changed now. And I posted that story because in addition to the funny / ironic headline, it illustrates that this Cavs team is far from hapless. They are actually pretty darn good, they just aren't good enough to beat the top teams in the west in playoff series. That ESPN nonsense was all wishful thinking.

[QUOTE="RF2044, post: 1782507, member: 40"

That's changed now. And I posted that story because in addition to the funny / ironic headline, it illustrates that this Cavs team is far from hapless. They are actually pretty darn good, they just aren't good enough to beat the top teams in the west in playoff series. That ESPN nonsense was all wishful thinking.[/QUOTE]

The cavs are real good. I think if they played Okc or the Spurs they'd have a decent shot. I just think that the Warriors are both a bad matchup for them as well as a historically great team, so kinda a bad matchup for any team.

Maybe it's just that people can't conceive that a team lead by a guy who looks like Steph Curry can be one of the best teams ever? I dont know.

[QUOTE="RF2044, post: 1782507, member: 40"

That's changed now. And I posted that story because in addition to the funny / ironic headline, it illustrates that this Cavs team is far from hapless. They are actually pretty darn good, they just aren't good enough to beat the top teams in the west in playoff series. That ESPN nonsense was all wishful thinking.

The cavs are real good. I think if they played Okc or the Spurs they'd have a decent shot. I just think that the Warriors are both a bad matchup for them as well as a historically great team, so kinda a bad matchup for any team.

Maybe it's just that people can't conceive that a team lead by a guy who looks like Steph Curry can be one of the best teams ever? I dont know.[/QUOTE]

Not me--I think that the Spurs would kill them, too. People overlook what a historically dominant year SA had, too. Can you imagine winning 67 games and coming in SECOND PLACE? I think I saw something that indicated that 67 wins was something like the 6th highest win total in NBA history. Amazing.

I'd give Cleveland a good chance against anyone other than SAS, OKC and GST. Of course if a team made it through 2 of those teams to make the finals then they could also beat Cleveland.

Agreed--that was probably not the headline the writer wanted to apply to that article. Instead, it becomes click bait.

Re: how good the Warriors are: I kid you not, last week I listened to ESPN radio, and the entire commute was spent rationalizing how / why the Cavaliers were going to win it all. Lebron is focused, he's got a chip on his shoulder after last year, he's the best player in the NBA and is ready to take it to Steph Curry, he didn't have healthy Love / Irving last year. And on and on and on.

I get that ESPN is often more about the story than reporting sports news, but enough is enough. Lebron led teams have gotten absolutely shellacked the last two trips to the finals, and they are on their way to a third straight decimation. Instead of devoting any time, effort, focus, attention, or credit to the GSW, the narrative was all-Lebron pre-Finals.

So you're frustrated that the company who paid a fortune to broadcast the series tried hyping it up beforehand instead of telling people not to bother watching it?

So you're frustrated that the company who paid a fortune to broadcast the series tried hyping it up beforehand instead of telling people not to bother watching it?

Nope. I tired of the broken record schtick, and the mother ship's preoccupation with Lebron, who through no fault of his own has become the victim of over-saturated hype.

I guess I should retract my previous statement that there are 4 nba teams that can win titles, make that 3.

I honestly wonder how much coaching matters.
If the Warriors had Mark Jackson as their HC right now for the last 2 years are they defending Champions up 2-0?

I used to think Phil Jackson was overrated and that his talent won the championshipsk. While the talent was the most important ingredient.
I now think Jackson's handling of those egos was super important and his teams don't win 11 titles without him basically babysitting those teams correctly.

Kerr has mastered the combo of being part Popovich and part Jackson and helping this Warriors team.

He must be glad he waited out the Knicks job 2 years ago.

A lot of NBA Experts, writers, and fans tried to discredit the Warriors title last year because they didn't face teams that were "strong enough' according to those people either due to injury or early exits in the playoffs. Dumbest thing I ever had heard.

It wasn't their fault the Spurs and Clippers lost early. Those teams weren't good enough. They are proving it this year.

I honestly wonder how much coaching matters.
If the Warriors had Mark Jackson as their HC right now for the last 2 years are they defending Champions up 2-0?

I used to think Phil Jackson was overrated and that his talent won the championshipsk. While the talent was the most important ingredient.
I now think Jackson's handling of those egos was super important and his teams don't win 11 titles without him basically babysitting those teams correctly.

Kerr has mastered the combo of being part Popovich and part Jackson and helping this Warriors team.

He must be glad he waited out the Knicks job 2 years ago.
I don't think the Warriors are what they are now with Mark Jackson. Kerr figured out the chemistry and how to blend both ends of the floor with his personnel in a way I don't think Jackson would have been capable of.

Nope. I tired of the broken record schtick, and the mother ship's preoccupation with Lebron, who through no fault of his own has become the victim of over-saturated hype.

Yea, I'm a LeBron fan and even I get sick of it sometimes. They just milk every polarizing sports story to try and troll both ends of the spectrum for as long as they can.

I don't think the Warriors are what they are now with Mark Jackson. Kerr figured out the chemistry and how to blend both ends of the floor with his personnel in a way I don't think Jackson would have been capable of.

I have such an irrational dislike for Mark Jackson. Loved last night when he said Klay was a better 2 way player than Kawhi.

Still only 2 games but...

I live in akron so I interact daily with Cavs fans- fans who just root for cleveland, fans who casually like the game, and diehards who know basketball. I've had some solid discussion with the latter. I saw a post yesterday on social media from a friend who said this isn't the Cavs team he watched all year and how depressing it is.

Here's the problem- did cleveland play GS 82 games this year? The Warriors set the all time wins record. I repeat- the Warriors set the all time wins record! Why does this seem to keep getting ignored? This is a historically great team.

Still only 2 games but...

I live in akron so I interact daily with Cavs fans- fans who just root for cleveland, fans who casually like the game, and diehards who know basketball. I've had some solid discussion with the latter. I saw a post yesterday on social media from a friend who said this isn't the Cavs team he watched all year and how depressing it is.

Here's the problem- did cleveland play GS 82 games this year? The Warriors set the all time wins record. I repeat- the Warriors set the all time wins record! Why does this seem to keep getting ignored? This is a historically great team.
People underestimating the Warriors because of their style of play is akin to old school football guys that don't understand the hurry up spread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom