NBA Playoffs | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

2 and 6 were easily the worst. I don't think either were close. Disagree completely about 2. That's about as obvious as it gets. Curry was standing there and Lebron just ran him over. What world is that anything but an offensive foul?

Well, yeah...I said it should've been a charge due to Lebron lowering the shoulder and running him over. We are in agreement that it was a bad call.

But, those are often screwed up(moreso in college, but still). I guess I don't understand what he was doing. Why was he just standing there? Why not just move your feet and play defense? I feel like he put himself in position for them to screw it up(and they did) for no real reason. Not a fan of the trying to draw charges so stand and try to get run over defense. Just move your feet and play.

Last edited:
Well, yeah...I said it should've been a charge due to Lebron lowering the shoulder and running him over.

But, those are often screwed up(moreso in college, but still). I guess I don't understand what he was doing. Why was he just standing there? Why not just move your feet and play defense? I feel like he put himself in position for them to screw it up(and they did) for no real reason. Not a fan of the trying to draw charges so stand and try to get run over defense. Just move your feet and play.
What's more likely... the refs make the right call, or Curry stops Lebron?

What's more likely... the refs make the right call, or Curry stops Lebron?

Yeah, I think it was you who was wondering why they kept switching everything. I think they need to adjust that strategy. There are too many mismatches for Lebron and Kyrie out there, and Cleveland was creating and exploiting those mismatches often.

Biggest let down of a hype series ever.

Maybe they can save it by a great finish tonight or epic Game 7 but this ish is unwatchable.

2010 Lakers/Celtics and 2013 Spurs/Heat were better by leaps and bounds

saw about 3/4 of the game. now I remember why I don't watch much nba. doesn't matter who is or isn't getting the calls, but nba games always have a staged feel to them. the nba is all Burr's and Higgins.

She should but she's not wrong.

I don't know if you've checked social media? It's a nightmare for Adam Silver.

The NBA comes off like it sold its soul for a Game 7.

Just imagine if FB and twitter were around in 2002. I'm a Lakers fan and I'm a little ashamed of that Game 6 WCF atrocity vs. Sacramento. Kings still had Game 7 at home and the only one with any balls in that game was Bibby. Webber ran away from the ball in crunch time.

Harrison Barnes is 2 for his last 22! Still not that impressed with him in the NBA. Thought he would have been a more consistent player after watching him at UNC.

reverting back to a bust

Remember when Lebron had no help and people actually asked the question "is this one of the worst Finals teams of all time?"

Through 6 games I'd have to say the Cavs have not only the best, but two best players in this series.

Don't worry. If they lose Game 7 Irving will once again be called "trash" by the Lebron fanboys.

A lot depends on Igoudala. You're going to love this but I'd start Ezeli, because I think their small lineup works better when it gets sprung and not when it's what you see at the start. Get Harrison Barnes to meet with a sports psychologist.
Just tell Barnes to never, ever, ever, ever shoot. Unless it's a dunk, by himself, uncontested , when the Cavaliers only have three guys on the court, and two of them have fallen down .

Last edited:
Foul #1 - clearly a foul. Got caught in a mismatch and mauled the bigger player.
Foul #2 - Bad call due to Lebron lowering the shoulder, but Curry probably shouldn't have planted his feet and stopped right there, but Lebron lowered his shoulder and ran him over. Curry could have just, you know, kept moving his feet and playing defense rather than standing there and creating a situation where there's going to be enough contact for the whistle to blow. Not an easy spot on the court to try to draw an offensive foul.
Foul #3 - Clearly a foul. Terrible play. With two fouls on you...why?
Foul #4 - Clearly a foul.
Foul # 5 - This is where I disagree with many. He had his hands ALL OVER HIM! He was gambling, mugging, and reaching...and then Kyrie had the step on him and Curry reached his arm across(more contact) and knocked the ball away. Frustrating for a Warriors fan because a steal and layup would've been huge there. But he mugged him.
Foul # 6 - Absolutely horrible call IMO. Bang bang play, going for a loose ball and then trying to get out of the way...what's he supposed to do? It didn't affect anything. Play on.

Should also point out that Curry reached and was very close to fouling(we didn't get replays) several other times. He played a very poor, undisciplined defensive game. If he didn't put himself in foul trouble, that last horrible call wouldn't have mattered. That was the only 1 of the 6 that I had a major problem with the call, though.
I honestly have no idea what is and isn't a foul in the NBA. Every single screen I've seen in the playoffs would absolutely be a foul in college. The reach by Steph that many see as a clean steal would totally be a foul in college but contact like that is expected in the NBA finals. If that was a guy known for tough d, that's a clean steal. Bruce Bowen made his career playing in the opponents personal space just like that.

She should but she's not wrong.

I don't know if you've checked social media? It's a nightmare for Adam Silver.

The NBA comes off like it sold its soul for a Game 7.

Disagree. And twitter is full of idiots who like to hop on the bandwagon of things, and have no idea what they're talking about.

Had some guy at work yesterday trying to talk to me about how it was "rigged". He didn't even know who Harrison Barnes was. Absolutely no idea. Never heard of him before. He's a gets his info from twitter hot take dork.

Disagree. And twitter is full of idiots who like to hop on the bandwagon of things, and have no idea what they're talking about.

Had some clown at work yesterday trying to talk to me about how it was "rigged". He didn't even know who Harrison Barnes was. Absolutely no idea. Never heard of him before. He's a gets his info from twitter hot take dork.
I wouldn't say it's rigged but I would say that the NBA has provided a lot of ammo for those that do believe it's rigged.

Steph hasn't been himself but its suspicious when the 2x league MVP has been in foul trouble for 3 out of 6 games. Game 6 was an abomination and 3 out of his 6 fouls were beyond borderline.

The Green suspension when the Cavs needed a game.

Allowing physical play off the ball yet ticky tack on ball clearly favors the Cavs ISO offense over the motion Warrior offense.

I think the officiating has favored Cleveland this series but am trying not to go as far as it being "rigged".

I wouldn't say it's rigged but I would say that the NBA has provided a lot of ammo for those that do believe it's rigged.

Steph hasn't been himself but its suspicious when the 2x league MVP has been in foul trouble for 3 out of 6 games. Game 6 was an abomination and 3 out of his 6 fouls were beyond borderline.

The Green suspension when the Cavs needed a game.

Allowing physical play off the ball yet ticky tack on ball clearly favors the Cavs ISO offense over the motion Warrior offense.

I think the officiating has favored Cleveland this series but am trying not to go as far as it being "rigged".

Curry is playing undisciplined defense. IMO he's got too much confidence and thinks he can get away with things. He's taking bad risks, being sloppy, and playing with little discipline or fundamentals on that end. The 6th foul was terrible, the 2nd was wrong but we know how it goes with block/charge. Everything else was a foul, and he got away with several others that couldve been called but weren't, in my opinion.

The Green suspension was a formality. He earned the points. The timing sucked for his team, but it is what it is. Self-inflicted. He's going down as an enormous goat if they lose.

I DO think the way the series has been called overall favors Cleveland, because they've generally allowed it to be pretty physical. But I dont think Curry's fouls being callec fouls, or Draymond's well earned suspension are good examples. in fact, if they let Draymond get away with it, amd let Curry run around hacking, then they would be rigging it for them by blatantly ignoring the rules for two stars.

Curry is playing undisciplined defense. IMO he's got too much confidence and thinks he can get away with things. He's taking bad risks, being sloppy, and playing with little discipline or fundamentals on that end. The 6th foul was terrible, the 2nd was wrong but we know how it goes with block/charge. Everything else was a foul, and he got away with several others that couldve been called but weren't, in my opinion.

The Green suspension was a formality. He earned the points. The timing sucked for his team, but it is what it is. Self-inflicted. He's going down as an enormous goat if they lose.

I DO think the way the series has been called overall favors Cleveland, because they've generally allowed it to be pretty physical. But I dont think Curry's fouls being callec fouls, or Draymond's well earned suspension are good examples. in fact, if they let Draymond get away with it, amd let Curry run around hacking, then they would be rigging it for them by blatantly ignoring the rules for two stars.

Great post.

People have overestimated Steph's defense (as it applies to this series).

They've put Curry into the action almost every play. And Steph's defense when he's on a formidable offensive player, usually bigger than he is, isn't disciplined.

He reaches... A lot. I know he led the league in steals, but that's why steals can be a deceptive stat.

And, to be fair, LeBron and Kyrie are two very difficult players to defend.

The most important thing for game seven will be consistency from the refs. Quick whistle. Letting them play. Whatever. As long as it is consistent, I'm happy.

Great post.

People have overestimated Steph's defense (as it applies to this series).

They've put Curry into the action almost every play. And Steph's defense when he's on a formidable offensive player, usually bigger than he is, isn't disciplined.

He reaches... A lot. I know he led the league in steals, but that's why steals can be a deceptive stat.

And, to be fair, LeBron and Kyrie are two very difficult players to defend.

The most important thing for game seven will be consistency from the refs. Quick whistle. Letting them play. Whatever. As long as it is consistent, I'm happy.
Then call the Cavs when they're grabbing and pushing Curry and Klay off the ball. It's hard for me to agree with the both of you when Curry gets called for ticky tack hand checks but the refs have their eyes closed on off the ball contact.

Then call the Cavs when they're grabbing and pushing Curry and Klay off the ball. It's hard for me to agree with the both of you when Curry gets called for ticky tack hand checks but the refs have their eyes closed on off the ball contact.

Hand checks aren't "ticky tack" though. They're fouls, and have been for a long time. Fouling the guy with the ball is probably going to stand out more, than an off the ball foul.

I agree that I'd like to see them call it tighter off the ball though. I think that's what Kerr was hoping for with his rant. Hope it works.

Grabbing and pushing isn't any worse than the moving picks that GSW sets.

They don't even pretend to set correct picks.

The big issue is Bogut used to be the BEST at setting illegal picks that were never called. Kevin Garnett-level. Now you're seeing why his loss is a big deal.

The big issue is Bogut used to be the BEST at setting illegal picks that were never called. Kevin Garnett-level. Now you're seeing why his loss is a big deal.

Eh, the screens are so overblown. They've been called for plenty this series. I've seen Tristan Thompson and jr smith set a bunch of terrible ones where their feet are moonwalking the entire time.

Not to mention the constant grabbing of curry/Klay off the ball. If you watch that, that's worse than all the moving screens from both teams.

He also helps to keep Thompson off the glass.

Honestly the thing that will help GS the most , outside of fouls, is to stop the lazy passes (won't happen), second chance points, and Barnes to remember what a basketball is.

Honestly the thing that will help GS the most , outside of fouls, is to stop the lazy passes (won't happen), second chance points, and Barnes to remember what a basketball is.
Agreed, I don't think the gameplan is all that complex.

Groundhog Day. If the Cavs win, doesn't count, fix is in. Wah wah wah.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom