NBA Playoffs | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

They might tear down that city if they win tomorrow, that is going to be some victory celebration, and they deserve it.
They're tear down the city worse if they lose a heartbreaker.

If the Cavs win and have a victory parade, the GOP's gonna have to bring on extra help to clean up and get ready for their circus in a few weeks starring the bulbous-headed orange-haired buffoon.

If the Cavs win and have a victory parade, the GOP's gonna have to bring on extra help to clean up and get ready for their circus in a few weeks starring the bulbous-headed orange-haired buffoon.

I hope it happens, tomorrow will be the hardest I cheer for a team that I don't root for.

Bring on some LeBrown mojo, baby!

lebron-james-jim-brownjpg-fdc8bb11faa41fce.jpg

Lebron had hair
Who needs hair? Much over-rated.

There was a time, however, when Fireball Jr. had hair, although the hairline already was receding, when he was a wild and crazy (still am, just cut out the major bad stuff) young sports scribe at your local rag, the Akron Beacon Urinal. Please, bro, overnight me a Nino's pie, I'll give you a credit card #.

Me, Dick Weber, Akron '70s.png

Great post.

People have overestimated Steph's defense (as it applies to this series).

They've put Curry into the action almost every play. And Steph's defense when he's on a formidable offensive player, usually bigger than he is, isn't disciplined.

He reaches... A lot. I know he led the league in steals, but that's why steals can be a deceptive stat.

And, to be fair, LeBron and Kyrie are two very difficult players to defend.

The most important thing for game seven will be consistency from the refs. Quick whistle. Letting them play. Whatever. As long as it is consistent, I'm happy.

Bob Voulgaris went after this opinion today on twitter. The numbers disagree with what you stated. It's actually Klay that's getting torched in this series, not Steph. Stephs holding Kyrie to .86 PPP.

Bob Voulgaris went after this opinion today on twitter. The numbers disagree with what you stated. It's actually Klay that's getting torched in this series, not Steph. Stephs holding Kyrie to .86 PPP.

Stats, schmats. The Cavs are, if not abusing, exploiting the heck out of the boy wonder.

Best team in the league wins easily at home, after the Cavs come down to earth.

The 22 actual Cleveland Cavaliers fans are in shock, after getting their hopes up yet another time only to see their pipe dream of a championship blow up in their faces like a gag cigar.

The hundreds of thousands of Lebron-only fans scramble to update their excuse list for Monday at the water cooler.

The universe goes back into alignment and everything goes back to normal.

Who needs hair? Much over-rated.

There was a time, however, when Fireball Jr. had hair, although the hairline already was receding, when he was a wild and crazy (still am, just cut out the major bad stuff) young sports scribe at your local rag, the Akron Beacon Urinal. Please, bro, overnight me a Nino's pie, I'll give you a credit card #.

View attachment 66828

Is that a vintage photo, Richie? For reals?

Stats, schmats. The Cavs are, if not abusing, exploiting the heck out of the boy wonder.

Sorry Fireball, I'm a firm believer that people don't like to believe numbers when they don't back up your opinion.

Lots of Lebron fans acting like this is a wrap. Just remember what JB says. Pre mature anything is never good.

He compared Kyrie on Steph and vice versa. And PPP per play defended isn't as pertinent when teams switch as much as these teams are.

If you read the Lowe article he linked to, it shows how Curry is the weak link.

And, if you think he isn't, then it should bear itself out in strategy, but you and I both know it won't.

He's been getting abused.

I didn't realize the Lebron's already won game 7. I thought the game was Sunday.

I didn't realize the Lebron's already won game 7. I thought the game was Sunday.

Maybe I missed it but where are you seeing this perception? Most things I've seen have said Warriors have lost momentum but will still probably win game 7 at home and I tend to agree with that thought.

The 22 actual Cleveland Cavaliers fans are in shock, after getting their hopes up yet another time only to see their pipe dream of a championship blow up in their faces like a gag cigar.

The hundreds of thousands of Lebron-only fans scramble to update their excuse list for Monday at the water cooler.

The universe goes back into alignment and everything goes back to normal.

I like to test "Cavs fans" by telling them how much I liked the Mark Price, Ron Harper, Brad Daugherty teams. If I get a blank stare, it tells me all I need to know.

This is why I don't care if Cleveland wins tomorrow. The cavs always seemed way down the list of sports fans priorities in that town behind the Browns and Indians. While it's always fun to see Lebron lose, I also can live with the 73 win team gagging in historic fashion and taking away their claim as best ever. If it was the Browns or the Indians and my team wasn't involved, I'd root for them to end the drought.

I like to test "Cavs fans" by telling them how much I liked the Mark Price, Ron Harper, Brad Daugherty teams. If I get a blank stare, it tells me all I need to know.

They had some pretty good teams back then, sadly for them they ran into Mj.

They had some pretty good teams back then, sadly for them they ran into Mj.

Yup. Bulls knocked out their two best teams back then. Injuries ruined some of their other seasons.

I think those teams would shine even more in today's NBA. They were good but not well built to come out of the brutally physical and strong East back then. I was a big Price fan.

Maybe I missed it but where are you seeing this perception? Most things I've seen have said Warriors have lost momentum but will still probably win game 7 at home and I tend to agree with that thought.

Every Lebron fan I know personally. Or people here I've seen comment on the series.

It would be easier to root for him if his fans were a little less arrogant. Rubs me the wrong way TBH. I'll return to this thread after tomorrow's game. Nothing more for me to say here that can be of any value.

Every Lebron fan I know personally. Or people here I've seen comment on the series.

It would be easier to root for him if his fans were a little less arrogant. Rubs me the wrong way TBH. I'll return to this thread after tomorrow's game. Nothing more for me to say here that can be of any value.

Agreed. I felt the same way about a lot of Jordan fans too though. It kinda comes with the territory. When you get a guy who is the clear best player in the league for a long time and a hugely famous player, you'll get a lot of "fans" like that. These will be the people in 2025 complaining about how bad the NBA is now and how they havent watched since Lebron retired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom