NBA Playoffs | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

The iggy thing is huge. If he can't give them 30-35 minutes guarding Lebron, I think that might make Cleveland the favorite?

I'm interested to see how tight the rotations get. The last game 7 in the finals was 2013; Lebron played 45 minutes, as did Kawhi. Tim Duncan played 43! In 2010, Pierce went 46, Rondo and Ray Allen 45. Kobe was 45, Artest 46.

I would say extra tight, there is plenty of time to rest on Monday.

The iggy thing is huge. If he can't give them 30-35 minutes guarding Lebron, I think that might make Cleveland the favorite?

I'm interested to see how tight the rotations get. The last game 7 in the finals was 2013; Lebron played 45 minutes, as did Kawhi. Tim Duncan played 43! In 2010, Pierce went 46, Rondo and Ray Allen 45. Kobe was 45, Artest 46.
That's where the officiating could make things weird.

Lebron, Kyrie, Tristan, and JR will all be over 40. Same with Curry, Klay, and Green. Pending fouls.

Lebron, Kyrie, Tristan, and JR will all be over 40. Same with Curry, Klay, and Green. Pending fouls.

Yeah if I'm Lue I'm real tempted to see how close to 48 I can push Lebron and Kyrie.

I was just looking up Lebron's stats in these finals, he's averaging 31-11-8 with 2.7 blocks and 2 steals per game. 51% shooting. Just an incredible performance.

Yeah if I'm Lue I'm real tempted to see how close to 48 I can push Lebron and Kyrie.

I was just looking up Lebron's stats in these finals, he's averaging 31-11-8 with 2.7 blocks and 2 steals per game. 51% shooting. Just an incredible performance.
He's No. 1 in scoring, assists, steals and blocks and tied for the lead in rebounding (with, I'm guessing, his "little bro," Tristan)

LeBron absolutely will not come out in the second half. I would guess he'll get a blow at the start of the second quarter assuming they are close or winning.

o'sully33 said:
So you watch a performance like LeBron's, where it's tough to play the game of basketball any better than he did, and you get "reminded" why you don't like watching it? Are you sure you like basketball?

No, I hate basketball.

Good one!

Without Googling, do you know why they're the Zips?

Not even a scintilla of a clue ... :noidea:

Okay, I couldn't wait any longer ... :)

"The Zips name is unique in college athletics and comes from "zippers", rubber overshoes made by the BF Goodrich Company that were popular in the 1920s and 1930s. In 1925, a campus-wide contest had been conducted to choose a nickname for the university's athletic teams. Suggestions submitted by students, faculty, and alumni included Golden Blue Devils, Tip Toppers, Rubbernecks, Hillbillies, Kangaroos, and Cheveliers. The winner, freshman Margaret Hamlin, received a prize of $10 for "Zippers". Athletic director Kenneth Cochrane officially shortened the nickname to Zips in 1950. The university's mascot is "Zippy", a kangaroo. Zippy is one of only a few female college mascots in the United States."
~Wiki

Last edited:
I imagine Warriors start Curry, Klay, Barnes, Green, Ezeli. Some points in the first quarter, Iguodala comes in for Barnes, back pending, and Livingston in for Klay. Tough series for Speights because as good as his offense is, his defense can't keep up against the quicker Cavs' players. I think Varejao comes in for a couple minutes in the late first for Ezeli. The some Barbosa early second for Curry, score pending. If any signs of a Cavs run, I don't expect much of Varejao, Barbosa, and Livingston together. Can't afford it. Barnes is a mystery because he is giving nothing. Barbosa and Livingston out-played him last game.

I feel like if that is the takeaway from the last few games then you probably shouldn't watch the games

Aw ... :( ... hey, even when I read a book I didn't like I still got something out of it ...

LeBron absolutely will not come out in the second half. I would guess he'll get a blow at the start of the second quarter assuming they are close or winning.

Yeah that's been the pattern; he gets a few minutes either at the end of the first or beginning of the second. Agree there's no chance he sits for a second after the half.

I have no idea what the hell is going to happen in game 7

With Iguodala banged up pretty badly and Bogut out, they are not the same team that went up 3-1. I think Cleveland is going to score. That middle is wide open with no shot blocker, and Iguodala not being himself on that end really hurts. GS needs to not turn the ball over and to shoot the lights out to win.

This Finals has sucked even though it is going 7. Outside of the first half of games 4 and 5 the games haven't been close and all of the games have been decided by double figures.
These playoffs have sucked as well too many blowouts. I am guessing game 7 goes one of two ways. Warriors win by double figures or Cleveland by 4-7 points.

Warriors are -5 and O/U is 208.

Yup. Effects of a jumpshooting league. You can shoot yourself out of a close game in a hurry.

If I'm Lebron, I personally push K. Love into any Warrior player the first three possessions just to get him off the court.

When Love got the bogus third foul call last night I can't have been the only person thinking it was a plus for the Cavs

With Iguodala banged up pretty badly and Bogut out, they are not the same team that went up 3-1. I think Cleveland is going to score. That middle is wide open with no shot blocker, and Iguodala not being himself on that end really hurts. GS needs to not turn the ball over and to shoot the lights out to win.

Agreed. turnovers and early fouls have killed them.

Agreed. turnovers and early fouls have killed them.

Yeah, they have had some bad turnovers at bad times too. It seems like there were multiple times in the last two games where they were climbing back into the game, and then they just get careless and loose for no reason and throw the ball away.

Foul #1 - clearly a foul. Got caught in a mismatch and mauled the bigger player.
Foul #2 - Bad call due to Lebron lowering the shoulder, but Curry probably shouldn't have planted his feet and stopped right there, but Lebron lowered his shoulder and ran him over. Curry could have just, you know, kept moving his feet and playing defense rather than standing there and creating a situation where there's going to be enough contact for the whistle to blow. Not an easy spot on the court to try to draw an offensive foul.
Foul #3 - Clearly a foul. Terrible play. With two fouls on you...why?
Foul #4 - Clearly a foul.
Foul # 5 - This is where I disagree with many. He had his hands ALL OVER HIM! He was gambling, mugging, and reaching...and then Kyrie had the step on him and Curry reached his arm across(more contact) and knocked the ball away. Frustrating for a Warriors fan because a steal and layup would've been huge there. But he mugged him.
Foul # 6 - Absolutely horrible call IMO. Bang bang play, going for a loose ball and then trying to get out of the way...what's he supposed to do? It didn't affect anything. Play on.

Should also point out that Curry reached and was very close to fouling(we didn't get replays) several other times. He played a very poor, undisciplined defensive game. If he didn't put himself in foul trouble, that last horrible call wouldn't have mattered. That was the only 1 of the 6 that I had a major problem with the call, though.

Foul #1 - clearly a foul. Got caught in a mismatch and mauled the bigger player.
Foul #2 - Bad call due to Lebron lowering the shoulder, but Curry probably shouldn't have planted his feet and stopped right there, but Lebron lowered his shoulder and ran him over. Curry could have just, you know, kept moving his feet and playing defense rather than standing there and creating a situation where there's going to be enough contact for the whistle to blow. Not an easy spot on the court to try to draw an offensive foul.
Foul #3 - Clearly a foul. Terrible play. With two fouls on you...why?
Foul #4 - Clearly a foul.
Foul # 5 - This is where I disagree with many. He had his hands ALL OVER HIM! He was gambling, mugging, and reaching...and then Kyrie had the step on him and Curry reached his arm across(more contact) and knocked the ball away. Frustrating for a Warriors fan because a steal and layup would've been huge there. But he mugged him.
Foul # 6 - Absolutely horrible call IMO. Bang bang play, going for a loose ball and then trying to get out of the way...what's he supposed to do? It didn't affect anything. Play on.

Should also point out that Curry reached and was very close to fouling(we didn't get replays) several other times. He played a very poor, undisciplined defensive game. If he didn't put himself in foul trouble, that last horrible call wouldn't have mattered. That was the only 1 of the 6 that I had a major problem with the call, though.

2 and 6 were easily the worst. I don't think either were close. Disagree completely about 2. That's about as obvious as it gets. Curry was standing there and Lebron just ran him over. What world is that anything but an offensive foul?

2 and 6 were easily the worst. I don't think either were close. Disagree completely about 2. That's about as obvious as it gets. Curry was standing there and Lebron just ran him over. What world is that anything but an offensive foul?
Believeland

Foul#5 is a foul they haven't called all series until last night. Play of the game IMO. W's were starting to take momentum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom