NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 127 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Very solid. They are smaller which works great for having a few and so far works great. Love that they come with more than one game each and you can't beat the cost. They even have a pinball machine they have built now coming out later in the year.
I'm gonna grab one when we get settled in a few weeks. Looks like $499 at Best Buy but $399 at Walmart. Doesn't appear to be any differences or anything. Did you buy the stool too? Would look cool but not sure if it would be worth wasting $80 on a stool. Gonna just set it up in my office behind my desk so that folks see it on zoom calls and are jealous.

Draft lottery is tonight. As a Knicks fan, it would be the most Knicksian thing for them to get the number 1 pick with one of the weakest draft classes in years and have that pick flame out in a year or two.

100%. Although it still gives them the chance to take whatever player they believe is the best. With that being said, I'd prefer like the third or fourth pick, because I don't actually trust the Knicks front office to have the ability to handle the one pick, regardless of whether or not the front office has been totally overhauled.

I'm hoping the Knicks get it just because they've suffered enough, but selfishly I'm probably hoping for Washington just since they're my hometown team now, though I truly don't know what they'd do with it lol

I'm hoping the Knicks get it just because they've suffered enough, but selfishly I'm probably hoping for Washington just since they're my hometown team now, though I truly don't know what they'd do with it lol
Trade Beal perhaps.

100%. Although it still gives them the chance to take whatever player they believe is the best. With that being said, I'd prefer like the third or fourth pick, because I don't actually trust the Knicks front office to have the ability to handle the one pick, regardless of whether or not the front office has been totally overhauled.

I think it’s either 1-3 or 6-9. I don’t think it’s possible for the Knicks to have the fourth or fifth pick. Most likely 6th pick if teams above them get top 3. If someone below them jumps up, they can drop. If they jump up, it has to be top 3.

I'm gonna grab one when we get settled in a few weeks. Looks like $499 at Best Buy but $399 at Walmart. Doesn't appear to be any differences or anything. Did you buy the stool too? Would look cool but not sure if it would be worth wasting $80 on a stool. Gonna just set it up in my office behind my desk so that folks see it on zoom calls and are jealous.
I'm pretty sure the one I saw at Costco was $299.

I think it’s either 1-3 or 6-9. I don’t think it’s possible for the Knicks to have the fourth or fifth pick. Most likely 6th pick if teams above them get top 3. If someone below them jumps up, they can drop. If they jump up, it has to be top 3.

Lotto is drawn for the first 4 spots now. So they could pick 1-4 or 6-10 (though 10 is a 0.1% chance, you would need the top 4 to be all teams that jumped the Knicks from behind.

Lotto is drawn for the first 4 spots now. So they could pick 1-4 or 6-10 (though 10 is a 0.1% chance, you would need the top 4 to be all teams that jumped the Knicks from behind.

If there are no trades available, and we get the first pick, I'm honestly leaning towards LaMelo. Bring it on.

If we fall, maybe Toppin? Older guy that has a high ceiling and low floor. I dunno.

If we fall somewhere in between, I'm fine with them trying Killian Hayes.

That means PG-13 has to come through a lot more on the offensive end. He can't be "playoff P" with his no-shows.
There’s speculation that he re-aggravated his shoulder injury. Might explain his poor shooting last night.

I'll bite.

1. Raptors (best team, as a whole, and best coach)
2. Clippers (ceiling is still the highest with depth)
3. Lakers (Bron and AD)
4. Bucks
5. Celtics
6. Mavs
7. Blazers
8. Houston
9. Nuggets
10. Miami
11. OKC
12. Utah
13. Indy
14. Philly
15. Magic
16. Nets

I like it -- it's probably still to early to discount any of the big 3 horses as the favourites (and Clippers are one of them -- I just dislike them strongly and put them at #11 for reasons of spite). But the gap is certainly closing.

Sabonis being out is a huge disappointment to me. Was anticipating this series being a real battle, but without him? Miami is clearly better.

If there are no trades available, and we get the first pick, I'm honestly leaning towards LaMelo. Bring it on.

If we fall, maybe Toppin? Older guy that has a high ceiling and low floor. I dunno.

As more of an outsider when it comes to the Knicks, it seems to me like you kinda desperately need a PG and also desperately need shooting to try to open things up for Barrett if he's ever going to become a core building block.

I'd probably take LaMelo #1 and hope he figures out how to shoot because he has a chance to be really good as a creator and defensive playmaker, and unlike Lonzo, he actually has the ball-handling to be a primary ball-handler. Beyond that, I like Haliburton (who I see as basically a supersized Malcolm Brogdon), Deni Avdija (who I imagine will get a lot of Gallinari comps), and Devin Vassell (who would be more of a 3nD type to put next to Barrett but has shown more development in terms of creating his own shot than most of the other shooters in the class).

My buddy is starting to get all in on Hayes. I think I can talk myself into Ball at 1

I feel like Toppin will probably be pretty solid. He's gonna be really good on the offensive end. He is a little old for a top prospect though, so I can't see him going first.

My buddy is starting to get all in on Hayes. I think I can talk myself into Ball at 1

I feel like Toppin will probably be pretty solid. He's gonna be really good on the offensive end. He is a little old for a top prospect though, so I can't see him going first.

I love Toppin as a college player, but idk about the NBA...too small to play the 5 (not to mention you already have Mitch hopefully there) and too slow to guard a lot of 4's nowadays. He doesn't seem to me to be a great fit for the modern game. Not sure I'd touch him in the top 10 honestly.

I know Kevin O'Connor has Hayes as him #1 prospect in the draft. I watched a little of him earlier in the year and wasn't particularly impressed but it sounds like he's developed a lot this year. The comparisons to Frank will be hilarious if he ends up a Knick though

I love Toppin as a college player, but idk about the NBA...too small to play the 5 (not to mention you already have Mitch hopefully there) and too slow to guard a lot of 4's nowadays. He doesn't seem to me to be a great fit for the modern game. Not sure I'd touch him in the top 10 honestly.

I know Kevin O'Connor has Hayes as him #1 prospect in the draft. I watched a little of him earlier in the year and wasn't particularly impressed but it sounds like he's developed a lot this year. The comparisons to Frank will be hilarious if he ends up a Knick though

I know. From what I've read, they aren't really that similar, but as soon as I started reading about Hayes, that's immediately where my mind went.

I don't know if you could play Toppin and Mitch together, but that would be the best dunking frontcourt duo around. I'm looking at Toppins numbers again, 70% on 2's last year, 39% on 3's. Man.

Just read the Pelton thing, real surprised he doesnt have Toppin in the top 30 even. The age is a killer

I know. From what I've read, they aren't really that similar, but as soon as I started reading about Hayes, that's immediately where my mind went.

I don't know if you could play Toppin and Mitch together, but that would be the best dunking frontcourt duo around. I'm looking at Toppins numbers again, 70% on 2's last year, 39% on 3's. Man.

Just read the Pelton thing, real surprised he doesnt have Toppin in the top 30 even. The age is a killer

Yep totally lol. I told my friend that's a Knicks fan there's this 6'5" PG playing in France and he cut me off before I could say any more.

Toppin is a freak athlete. Is the lateral quickness not there? Will be interesting to see his numbers in the combine, assuming it happens and he participates.

Toppin is a freak athlete. Is the lateral quickness not there? Will be interesting to see his numbers in the combine, assuming it happens and he participates.

I never know what to expect with big men athletic testing. I mean, just a couple years ago Mo Bamba tested as like the fastest player of any position in the NBA when he plays nothing like that lol. But Toppin definitely looks like he struggles to change direction in games at least.

I think there's some sort of chance he maybe turns into a John Collins type player, but idk. Collins oftentimes looked lost defensively but he always looked like he could stay in front of guys if he ever figures out positioning. To his credit, Toppin has shown more as a shooter than Collins did at Wake Forest. I worry a lot about the defense though.

Edit: Kevin O'Connor for example says Toppin basically looks like Amare on offense and Jahlil Okafor on defense lol

Has Cole Anthony's stock dropped a bunch?
Cole Anthony is going to be Bol Bol of this draft.
He won’t fall all the way to the second round but he should be a top 5-8 pick and I am hoping he slips to Boston at 14.

Fans that actually tweet this chit at her are why i said you should have to get a license to have a social media account.

Has Cole Anthony's stock dropped a bunch?

He's generally viewed somewhere around the #10-15 prospect at this point. I do think the theoretical version of Cole Anthony would be perfect next to Barrett, but he shot below average at the rim, from mid-range, and from the 3 point line and he doesn't really offer anything outside of his scoring potential. Kind of a case like Reddish last year where a team will plug their nose and take him and hope his play in college was an anomaly.

He's generally viewed somewhere around the #10-15 prospect at this point. I do think the theoretical version of Cole Anthony would be perfect next to Barrett, but he shot below average at the rim, from mid-range, and from the 3 point line and he doesn't really offer anything outside of his scoring potential. Kind of a case like Reddish last year where a team will plug their nose and take him and hope his play in college was an anomaly.
I'm still salty about Cole Anthony making the all-freshman acc team over Girard.

I've recently started paying attention the Wiz and was looking at season tickets in anticipation of the move next month. John Wall coming back at 100%!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom