NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 128 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

These are our citizens that vote, drive vehicles, procreate, etc.
I really have come to conclusion our country is porked.
We suck as a society.

People suck overwhelmingly. I had a census person come to my house because I didn’t fill it out. I gave the guy a bottled water as it is hot and he said he was shocked because nobody would talk to him and answered the questions.
Our country younger people are stupider and older boomers don’t get me started.

He's generally viewed somewhere around the #10-15 prospect at this point. I do think the theoretical version of Cole Anthony would be perfect next to Barrett, but he shot below average at the rim, from mid-range, and from the 3 point line and he doesn't really offer anything outside of his scoring potential. Kind of a case like Reddish last year where a team will plug their nose and take him and hope his play in college was an anomaly.
Can watch Cole Anthony/RJ Barrett backcourt against Sexton/Garland and Lavine/White in the East for a decade. 0 defense with inefficient offense will be a blast.

I'm pretty sure the one I saw at Costco was $299.
I tried looking at costco when you mentioned $300 previously. There isn't any on costco.com but I found a reddit from a week ago with people talking about them at $399 there.

I've recently started paying attention the Wiz and was looking at season tickets in anticipation of the move next month. John Wall coming back at 100%!!

The Wizards and DC United are both very cheap and very fun IMO (as long as Wall is playing). Aside from Giannis, Wall is probably the most fun player I've ever seen live.

The Wizards and DC United are both very cheap and very fun IMO (as long as Wall is playing). Aside from Giannis, Wall is probably the most fun player I've ever seen live.
Growing up in Buffalo, I've never had a real basketball affiliation, always just rooted for players. So looking forward to that. Think I'll opt for the Os over the Nats just because I've loved going to Camden Yards since I was a kid. Definitely never going to root for the Caps as a life long Sabres fan.

I never know what to expect with big men athletic testing. I mean, just a couple years ago Mo Bamba tested as like the fastest player of any position in the NBA when he plays nothing like that lol. But Toppin definitely looks like he struggles to change direction in games at least.

I think there's some sort of chance he maybe turns into a John Collins type player, but idk. Collins oftentimes looked lost defensively but he always looked like he could stay in front of guys if he ever figures out positioning. To his credit, Toppin has shown more as a shooter than Collins did at Wake Forest. I worry a lot about the defense though.

Edit: Kevin O'Connor for example says Toppin basically looks like Amare on offense and Jahlil Okafor on defense lol

I feel that Amare comp on offense. Amare was such a terror back in the day. And he totally could've made some threes as well. He would for sure be shooting them if he was 23 years old now.

It tells you how bad Okafor is defensively that O'Connor couldn't have just said he reminds him of Amare on offense...and amare on defense

I feel that Amare comp on offense. Amare was such a terror back in the day. And he totally could've made some threes as well. He would for sure be shooting them if he was 23 years old now.

It tells you how bad Okafor is defensively that O'Connor couldn't have just said he reminds him of Amare on offense...and amare on defense

Hahaha I had the same thought go through my head when I saw the defense comparison.

Hahaha I had the same thought go through my head when I saw the defense comparison.

The one positive for Amare and Toppin relative to Okafor is they are/were both good athletes. They could at least jump and move. Okafor both had no idea what was going on, and he was slow and couldn;t jump.
I remember thinking back in the day Amare had the worst defensive awareness of anyone. But maybe 1 time out of 5 he could at least recover someone with his quickness. With Okafor it's probably 0 times out of 5

I tried looking at costco when you mentioned $300 previously. There isn't any on costco.com but I found a reddit from a week ago with people talking about them at $399 there.
Now I'm wondering if I should have loaded that bad boy up at Costco when I saw it.

The one positive for Amare and Toppin relative to Okafor is they are/were both good athletes. They could at least jump and move. Okafor both had no idea what was going on, and he was slow and couldn;t jump.
I remember thinking back in the day Amare had the worst defensive awareness of anyone. But maybe 1 time out of 5 he could at least recover someone with his quickness. With Okafor it's probably 0 times out of 5

If we get #1, would you be upset if we traded down to get more assets for the future?

If we get #1, would you be upset if we traded down to get more assets for the future?
Ah, always a tricky thing. Happens a lot in the NFL draft, not so much in the NBA draft.

This would be the year to do it but not sure who's the guy anyone is coming up for.

This year’s draft on paper is the closest to 2013.
Nobody had a clue in 2013 who would go first or who was good.
Giannis came out of that draft after the fact but the top of that draft wasn’t strong.

I don’t think Edwards is worth the top pick. Hayes and Hailburton are going to be wild cards.

Ball depends on his maturity. I don’t trust him.

I like Wiseman for top Pick. He doesn’t have as high a ceiling but seems like a kid in 2-3 Years who will be solid player.

For at least one half of one game, the Bucks have returned.
All the Bucks game 1 loss did was ensure that all 4 East first round series won’t be sweeps.
I think Toronto and Miami sweep their series.
Boston-Philly is probably going to go 5 same as Orlando-Milwaukee.

I'm gonna grab one when we get settled in a few weeks. Looks like $499 at Best Buy but $399 at Walmart. Doesn't appear to be any differences or anything. Did you buy the stool too? Would look cool but not sure if it would be worth wasting $80 on a stool. Gonna just set it up in my office behind my desk so that folks see it on zoom calls and are jealous.

I did get the stool. Love the home office idea. We did it in my "Cuse Room" man cave/theater room but yeah you gotta spend for the stool

I love the old Pippen/Rodman combo on NBA showtime.

If I played NBA Jam the best combo imo Utah-Stockton/Malone Miami-Glen Rice/Ronny Seikaly.

If they didn't today you would have a serious cause for concern.
If they had lost today I already had decided in my head I wasn't watching game 3 lol. I can barely take this mentally right now.

Watching the draft lottery. Get right to it. My God don't need to hear from Steph Curry, Adam Silver, now going to interview LaMelo Ball and Anthony Edwards. Get to it Rachel Nichols.

I love the old Pippen/Rodman combo on NBA showtime.

If I played NBA Jam the best combo imo Utah-Stockton/Malone Miami-Glen Rice/Ronny Seikaly.
They really need to get NBA jam on ps4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom