NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 133 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

First 2 minutes of this game and Al Horford really looks mentally checked out. It’s sad.

First 2 minutes of this game and Al Horford really looks mentally checked out. It’s sad.

I gotta imagine once it becomes clear their team has no chance, a lot of these veterans are going to be ready to get out of that bubble and get home. Can’t say I blame them.

Jokic’s attempted defense on Gobert is where Utah got early separation. Gobert dominated to start this game and Joker couldn’t stop him from going to straight line drives.
I have a man crush on Rudy because I love the story that he's considered a freak weirdo and he busts his tail to become the best version of himself, which is a singularly dominant defensive player, but... Jokic gets the love and he's unique as a passing big, but the truth is the delta between Jokic as a defender and Gobert as a defender is a whole lot bigger than the delta between Rudy as an offensive player and Jokic as an offensive player. Jokic gets the love though.

I gotta imagine once it becomes clear their team has no chance, a lot of these veterans are going to be ready to get out of that bubble and get home. Can’t say I blame them.
Hadn't thought of that. That definitely feels like it could become a factor.

Does Embiid even want to try to play defense?

All he does is plant his a$$ in the paint on defense and protect the rim but it’s just lazy defense. He gives up open shots galore.

Does Embiid even want to try to play defense?

All he does is plant his a$$ in the paint on defense and protect the rim but it’s just lazy defense. He gives up open shots galore.
And this is why the Jazz wouldn't go from Gobert to Embiid.

Complete hot take: the 3 has jumped the shark. Move it back to like 25 feet so only the really legit guys are still particularly dangerous from there or...get rid of it.

Complete hot take: the 3 has jumped the shark. Move it back to like 25 feet so only the really legit guys are still particularly dangerous from there or...get rid of it.
Here's my crazy idea - they're only worth 3 points after the third make from distance in the quarter. Until then, it's a normal 2.

I feel like TBT should try this out.

The refs just changed that out of bounds call because the Celtics bench yelled a lot. And it was clearly Sixers ball on replay. They had it right and changed it without even looking at it. Bad.

I really wish they’d either expand the size of the court so that corner 3’s are actual 3 point distance or get rid of corner 3’s. It’s become such an overpowered part of basketball because the corner shots are essentially gimmes for a lot of guys.

Embiid is really good, but he’s not a winner. That crosscourt pass into Smart’s hands when doubled followed by fading away like a little guard and getting swatted by Tatum was just awful. Cost them the game. This guy ain’t got it.

celtics wont lose unless they face the Bucks. I like our team vs toronto.

celtics wont lose unless they face the Bucks. I like our team vs toronto.
Toronto has depth and actually plays defense.
It’s a tough matchup. Now I don’t think Toronto will sweep but they are favored.
Milwaukee is also favored. Milwaukee has the size to give Boston fits like Embiid does but they also have a coach who actually knows what he is doing and won’t play Horford to guard Jaylen Brown or Jason Tatum on defense.

Brent Brown can’t play Horford on one of those 2.
Celtics won this game with Tatum in deep foul trouble the whole game and their offense being slower because of that. Kemba stepped up this game.

Brent Brown, Tobias Harris and Al Horford lost Philadelphia this game. Embiid had a bad turnover but he was why it was close.

Mavs gotta keep their cool. Morris and Harrell are trying to go at them from jump.

Morris chirping nonstop and I definitely lip read Harrell calling Luka a “pu**y a$$ white boy”

I predict a lot of you will be tired of Doncic’s antics in 2-3 years.

Mavs gotta keep their cool. Morris and Harrell are trying to go at them from jump.

Morris chirping nonstop and I definitely lip read Harrell calling Luka a “pu**y a$$ white boy”
He’s not wrong.

Not at the moment.
He complains after almost every call, sometimes even when the call goes his way. As LIC said, he’s over-dramatic.

I know a lot of players are guilty of the same thing. Not to this extent.

Shamet’s going to be a player.

What’s going on with PG’s shooting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom