NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 134 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Kawhi is still the best playoff performer in the league.
Not sure if the Clips are any better with Paul George over SGA+Gallinari however right now. George seems to not have it. right now

But if your the Clippers you make the Paul George trade 100 times out of 100... and you continue to make several large illegal cap circumventing payments to Uncle Dennis through one of Ballmer's non basketball subsidiaries. That is the cost of getting the playoff stud that is Kawhi.

Shamet’s going to be a player.

What’s going on with PG’s shooting?
Just brutal. Maybe he re-aggravated the shoulder injury or maybe he’s living up to his playoff reputation.

Shamet was the part of the Tobias trade that made it especially stupid for Philly. Shamet was exactly what they needed to surround Ben and Embiid with.

I know it's cliche to even repeat this at this point; but good lord, imagine if Philly takes Tatum instead of Fultz? That really is going down as an all time whiff.

Though I suppose a fair counter is Boston doesnt trade the pick if they thought Philly was gonna take Tatum? Not sure about that

I know it's cliche to even repeat this at this point; but good lord, imagine if Philly takes Tatum instead of Fultz? That really is going down as an all time whiff.

Though I suppose a fair counter is Boston doesnt trade the pick if they thought Philly was gonna take Tatum? Not sure about that

It sucks but idk how they could have possibly thought whatever happened to Fultz would actually happen

Boston traded the pick because they wanted either Tatum or Josh Jackson.

Philadelphia had an understanding whom the Lakers were taking Lonzo Ball. Boston brought Fultz in for a visit and basically got Philadelphia to give him a pick which didn’t turn into anything special Romeo Langford to take Fultz.
Ainge was leaning towards taking Tatum first but was intrigued by Josh Jackson. Jackson’s agent didn’t want him in Boston because of the logjam of players they had at that time and worked with Phoenix to shut Boston out of working out Jackson.

The Knicks and Celtics talked about the 3rd pick in that draft for Porzingis.
Phil Jackson wanted Josh Jackson. He couldn’t get Jackson to workout for him since his agent had a deal with Phoenix. So Boston and New York couldn’t do a Porzingis trade and Ainge was forced to take Tatum whom was his first choice but wanted to at least workout Jackson.

It sucks but idk how they could have possibly thought whatever happened to Fultz would actually happen

Yeah i hear you, and Im not even necessarily making it a total "LOL sixers" thing (only kinda one) but more just saying, Tatum is already an all star. Fultz is an absolute zero (for Philly). What a swing. Especially when it's one of your top rivals!

Yeah i hear you, and Im not even necessarily making it a total "LOL sixers" thing (only kinda one) but more just saying, Tatum is already an all star. Fultz is an absolute zero (for Philly). What a swing. Especially when it's one of your top rivals!

76ers really screwed the pooch with a lot of their drafting. There's a lot of teams that just suck at it. I can emphasize with the Philly fans there. We obviously got really lucky with Giannis but our drafting has been absolutely abysmal ever since and it's the reason for a lot of our roster building issues.

We've had 10 picks since getting Giannis and we hit on 1/10 (Brogdon).

76ers really screwed the pooch with a lot of their drafting. There's a lot of teams that just suck at it. I can emphasize with the Philly fans there. We obviously got really lucky with Giannis but our drafting has been absolutely abysmal ever since and it's the reason for a lot of our roster building issues.

We've had 10 picks since getting Giannis and we hit on 1/10 (Brogdon).

Flip side: one Giannis is worth about 20 missed draft picks

I guess 2014, the pick of Jabari is the real whiff, right? The next 5 picks were
Embiid
Aaron Gordon
Dante Exum
Marcus Smart
Julius Randle

Varying levels of success there, aside from Exum, but any of those 4 really helps (Randle the least, I suppose)

Maker in 2016 not so great either, but I guess you could just pretend they took Brogdon there. (I totally forgot Orlando traded Sabonis and Oladipo for Ibaka)

Flip side: one Giannis is worth about 20 missed draft picks

I guess 2014, the pick of Jabari is the real whiff, right? The next 5 picks were
Embiid
Aaron Gordon
Dante Exum
Marcus Smart
Julius Randle

Varying levels of success there, aside from Exum, but any of those 4 really helps (Randle the least, I suppose)

Maker in 2016 not so great either, but I guess you could just pretend they took Brogdon there. (I totally forgot Orlando traded Sabonis and Oladipo for Ibaka)

Jabari made sense at the time and who knows what happens if he doesn't tear his ACL 15 times in 3 years. Probably always would have been a defensive liability and I don't think he really mentally handled it well when Giannis became the clear big dog, but man, he was such a talented scorer even while suffering through the injuries.

Thon...obviously didn't work out at all and it was viewed as a major reach even at the time (I think the DraftExpress guys had him in the 2nd round of their mock up until the day of the draft). I guess the brightside is that draft was pretty bad in that range anyways with the obvious exception of Sabonis.

The one that will always piss me off is DJ Wilson. He shouldn't have been a 1st round pick IMO and they took him at 17 or whatever it was when John Collins, OG Anunoby, and Derrick White were all still available (not to mention some others that ultimately panned out pretty well). I had Collins like #5 on my big board that year. I don't think I've been that angry about a pick since maybe the John Henson pick.

Overall it's just so disappointing. Arguably the best team in the league while drafting almost zero useful players ever since our home run with Giannis. We could be in so much better of a position right now if the front office were competent over the years (hopefully it is now but we'll see).

Marvin Williams is one of the nicest guys in the NBA, and was just in a skuffle. Possibly kerfuffle. TBD.

This Miami-Indiana game will determine if any series in the east goes beyond 5 games.
I think the Heat will win the series but if they win this game it will be over in 5 at most.

Domantas Sabonis returning to the bubble. Might be able to play if the series goes long enough.

No seven game series in the first round of the NHL playoffs, and looks like many series will end in 5 games or less in the NBA.

Could be purely coincidence, but I wonder if the bubble takes some of the energy out of teams once they fall behind in a series... it's understandable.

No seven game series in the first round of the NHL playoffs, and looks like many series will end in 5 games or less in the NBA.

Could be purely coincidence, but I wonder if the bubble takes some of the energy out of teams once they fall behind in a series... it's understandable.
I just think because of no HCA the better team is just going to dominate and role players won’t play better at home.
Unless foul trouble causes players to sit the better team is just going to roll.

Man we are going through a run of some terrible games. Hopefully Indiana makes a comeback.

I was thinking to myself (half seriously, I guess) that the NBA should somehow convince the refs to give the team down 0-2 the traditional home team whistle in game 3 of these series

That Olynyk head snap on an innocent loose ball foul was first class acting.

Heat Bucks will be good and if Olynyk pulls Giannis' shoulder out of its socket they'll have a great chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom