NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

I want people to understand two things about NBA basketball ... cause I never hear this from the NBA announcers or analysts...

Eric Gordon and Austin Rivers are horrible at nba basketball .. they suck and get an indefensible amount of rope from “offensive genius” mike Dantoni

Collins wasn’t playing well, but his injury really shows how little depth Portland has. Obviously they’ve got other key guys hurt/not playing in the bubble. But they don’t have a lot of options.

Yeah. Collins was awful before the injury in the bubble but still limited options. With Trent struggling it only is amplified.

Nobody in the NBA gets gassed the way Nurkic does. I feel like it’s partly gotta be Stotts’ fault. This happens every single time Nurkic is in the game. He hits a point every shift where he just stops moving, stops rebounding, and starts throwing random shots up until they take him out lol

Makes you wonder is he the guy downing cheeseburgers in practice while everyone else is running?

Its been nice to watch some hoops at all and the bubble has been fun. That said fingers crossed we get some college hoops this year.

Unless the virus numbers across the country just go in steady decline all fall, I really think they should look at just going “bubble tournament“ format all season. Run a bunch of different tournaments the way AAU does, and then run the NCAA tournament at the end. All bubble style. TBT and NBA have already given the blueprint. Use what we know works. Kids can have time to get their school work done in between tournaments.

Makes you wonder is he the guy downing cheeseburgers in practice while everyone else is running?

Downing coca-cola, hot dogs and cigarettes pre game, Vlade Divac style?

He’s got a lot of Vlade to him...the skill level, the falling down, the looking tantalizingly great and insanely frustrating all in the same game.

This reminds me of Melo's playoff games at earlier stops. Talented teammates that play like crap when he is on. Dame has been pretty bad in the last two quarters.

Unless the virus numbers across the country just go in steady decline all fall, I really think they should look at just going “bubble tournament“ format all season. Run a bunch of different tournaments the way AAU does, and then run the NCAA tournament at the end. All bubble style. TBT and NBA have already given the blueprint. Use what we know works. Kids can have time to get their school work done in between tournaments.

I am with you. I think they just need to find a format for a bubble set up and go with it.

Worst fast break ever by the Blazers.

Nobody runs to the basket. Nobody takes a wide open shot.

Wind up with a contested runner.

Melo with a good play and a couple good passes and ... nothing. Dame must be finally hitting the wall after having to be everything for so long.

Melo with a good play and a couple good passes and ... nothing. Dame must be finally hitting the wall after having to be everything for so long.

Dame is struggling now, but ultimately he, Melo, and CJ are the only ones who have done anything for Portland tonight.

Nurkic has been horrific, Whiteside has been quiet, and nobody else has done anything. They can’t beat the Lakers with 3 guys...unless Dame has 50 instead of 30.

It was unrealistic to think Dame would continue that stretch, but he’s become Samson without the hair lately. No way they beat LA with Lillard playing like a regular dude.

Dame is struggling now, but ultimately he, Melo, and CJ are the only ones who have done anything for Portland tonight.

Nurkic has been horrific, Whiteside has been quiet, and nobody else has done anything. They can’t beat the Lakers with 3 guys...unless Dame has 50 instead of 30.

Yeah. Also let's be honest.. its been Melo and CJ mainly in the second half. That ain't cutting it.

Nobody in the NBA gets gassed the way Nurkic does. I feel like it’s partly gotta be Stotts’ fault. This happens every single time Nurkic is in the game. He hits a point every shift where he just stops moving, stops rebounding, and starts throwing random shots up until they take him out lol

He has thrown up 2 or 3 completely awful shots. And then the possession where he didnt make it past half court. (along with like 5 other guys). yikes

Nurkic sucks, Trent says hold my beer
They were phenomenal heading into this series but Trent specifically has gone back to JAG status. Nurkic is battling against that LA frontline without much depth behind him, so it’s understandable.

Melo showed up tonight and CJ has been solid.

Dame needs to be scoring around 35 per game though and he’s not even looking remotely close to that player right now.

Portland should’ve tried to ride Melo in the 4th. He was hot. CJ and Dame put up bricks the whole 4th.

They were phenomenal heading into this series but Trent specifically has gone back to JAG status. Nurkic is battling against that LA frontline without much depth behind him, so it’s understandable.

Melo showed up tonight and CJ has been solid.

Dame needs to be scoring around 35 per game though and he’s not even looking remotely close to that player right now.
Yeah I should've said tonight. He's been really good before this, but that was a terrible look for him tonight, then on top of that he's supposed to guard Davis, lol. Then Portland gives up boards on both ends every trip.

Portland should’ve tried to ride Melo in the 4th. He was hot. CJ and Dame put up bricks the whole 4th.

Yeah he didn't look gassed and was on one of those runs where he gets red hot. If anything he could have kept them in it longer until someone else at least did something. Not sure what Stotts was doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom