NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 180 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Why did the Lakers sign Dion Waiters?

He’s better than KCP and Dellav...i mean Caruso. Wish we’d give him some run. We’re not going to white knuckle all these games out. Get buckets. Dion’s defense is good enough, anyway.

I think AEW and Corona are the only companies that ponied up for advertising for these playoffs. I’m tired of seeing Snoop already.
Have you missed the Kia commercials showing that gorgeous telluride?

Bron!!! Packs Westbrook and then goes coast to coast for the and 1!!

I hate how much power and influence nba refs have on games .. they just decide whose going to do what

I’m so tired of looking at the box score next to KCP and seeing “24 minutes, 5 points, 2-8”.

Based on all the articles and tweets today, I gotta imagine word leaked out yesterday that the Bucks are firing Budenholzer. I’ve never seen every single substitution get analyzed the way people are doing for Bud. Giannis was literally bleeding and limping and from the sound of it (I didn’t watch) sucking and people are outraged that he didn’t play 40 minutes

I don’t like Rondo, Caruso, and KCP all in at the same time. Not enough scoring.

Looks like it’s gonna be tough to play Howard much in this series.

Either AD or LeBron should touch the ball in the post every single possession the rest of the way.

Either AD or LeBron should touch the ball in the post every single possession the rest of the way.

Ok...not if he’s going to shoot the ball over his head like he’s playing horse. What the hell, LeBron?

Lakers need somebody to help LeBron and AD.

Rondo is killing them.

Houston was always going to give LA a series.
OKC would have been swept.

Lakers should still win this series but they struggle to score and Houston can score. So the Rockets were going to win a game or two.

Rondo better get rid of the rust with more game play.
Danny Green, KCP and Rondo better get better.
Kuzma won’t get foul trouble every game he will bring offense.

Lakers were within arms length to come away with this at the beginning of the fourth and then Vogel inexplicably went with Bron, Rondo, Dwight, Morris out there together. Zero spacing or lanes on offense so Rockets could pack it in and swarm inside and then gave Houston mismatches all over on the other end for their guards.

Rondo might be unplayable in this series because Houston pretty much leaves him by himself on offense and it makes it almost impossible for AD or LeBron to take advantage of their size.

And Vogel’s game plan for AD overall has been awful.

Boston, Houston, Miami...these guard oriented teams are eating!

Let’s ditch the 100% zone, and roll with Girard, Buddy, Griffin, Quincy, and Marek. Kadary as 6th man. Switch everything when Girard is out. Otherwise, switch everything he’s not involved in. It’s the wave. Jump on it now and don’t be left behind.

Lakers were within arms length to come away with this at the beginning of the fourth and then Vogel inexplicably went with Bron, Rondo, Dwight, Morris out there together. Zero spacing or lanes on offense so Rockets could pack it in and swarm inside and then gave Houston mismatches all over on the other end for their guards.

Rondo might be unplayable in this series because Houston pretty much leaves him by himself on offense and it makes it almost impossible for AD or LeBron to take advantage of their size.

And Vogel’s game plan for AD overall has been awful.

AD catches the ball in the post though and he cant move tucker. its pathetic.

Gotta love Jimmy butler with the whole “nobody believed we could do this “

when literally almost everyone thought they could

I’ll admit I’ve never been a big Bledsoe fan, but it seems like every year he’s half the player he is in the playoffs than he was in the regular season. I know he’s hurt, but I still always thought Brogdon fit the Bucks better.

I’ll admit I’ve never been a big Bledsoe fan, but it seems like every year he’s half the player he is in the playoffs than he was in the regular season. I know he’s hurt, but I still always thought Brogdon fit the Bucks better.
He's just a player that is very prone to having bad games. Up until last night, he was arguably the 2nd best player in the postseason on the team behind only Middleton. But last night's game (from the sound of it, I wisely did not watch) was obviously terrible.

At the end of the day though, the Bucks will never beat a good team in a playoff series if Giannis is a net-negative player. He literally has the worst +/- in the series. There's just no path to victory if that's the case. Obviously some of the stuff around him could be better: scheme, shooting, etc., but Giannis has been legitimately bad throughout the series (and really throughout the playoffs as a whole) and that makes it pretty much impossible to win. Even including the Orlando series, the Bucks have been statistically better whenever Giannis sits on the bench. That just can't happen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom