NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 181 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

Freak just can't plow thru people in playoffs. His skillet gets exploited. It's why I'd take Luka.

I usually don’t agree with Perkins. And I don’t agree with him on Kuzma here as I think he’ll have some big games this series.

But I agree that they should look at getting Dion in there more. Houston wasn’t even guarding Rondo. Caruso isn’t much of a scorer. If KCP is not hot from 3, I think you gotta give Dion some time.

C2288FBF-82F8-4744-ABA4-E5BCD1B6344E.png

I’m not entirely sure I’m joking about this.

I was reading the Warriors are lurking for Giannis if he takes the 1 + 1 contract but I don’t see how it works cap wise.

I’m sure he’d enjoy playing with those guys but I don’t really think he’ll actually consider them. I could totally see Toronto and Miami though I don’t necessarily think either is a better situation than Milwaukee. Sometimes you just gotta try something new though.

I’m sure he’d enjoy playing with those guys but I don’t really think he’ll actually consider them. I could totally see Toronto and Miami though I don’t necessarily think either is a better situation than Milwaukee. Sometimes you just gotta try something new though.
If Toronto doesn’t resign FVV I don’t see Giannis going there.
Toronto has Gasol and Lowry who are in their mid 30’s. Siakam is a young stud but I can’t see Giannis going there.

Miami is always going to be dangerous for any FAs.

The salary cap going down is going to keep him in Milwaukee for these next 2-3 years.
I see him doing the LeBron/Durant 1+1 every year so he can get his max every year and raise. Then opt out and resign so he isn’t stuck in a salary cap that is down.
The salary cap from this year’s stop is going to be down for 2-3 years to
Smooth out the drop.
I can’t see the NBAPa being stupid like they were in 2016 with the one year spike instead of smoothing it out over 2-3 years so all FAs would get paid.
Evan Turner made 70 million dollars that year in FA.
Money was spent stupidly that year.

The cap is good to be smoothened over 2-3 years when it goes down. So the one year dip isn’t insane.

If Toronto doesn’t resign FVV I don’t see Giannis going there.
Toronto has Gasol and Lowry who are in their mid 30’s. Siakam is a young stud but I can’t see Giannis going there.

Miami is always going to be dangerous for any FAs.

The salary cap going down is going to keep him in Milwaukee for these next 2-3 years.
I see him doing the LeBron/Durant 1+1 every year so he can get his max every year and raise. Then opt out and resign so he isn’t stuck in a salary cap that is down.
The salary cap from this year’s stop is going to be down for 2-3 years to
Smooth out the drop.
I can’t see the NBAPa being stupid like they were in 2016 with the one year spike instead of smoothing it out over 2-3 years so all FAs would get paid.
Evan Turner made 70 million dollars that year in FA.
Money was spent stupidly that year.

The cap is good to be smoothened over 2-3 years when it goes down. So the one year dip isn’t insane.
I would happily take that outcome. I do remain hopeful that he wants to stay and that he beats himself up enough that he places the blame for this series on himself and wants to prove everyone he can overcome it in the future. We’ll see though.

The fascinating part with Toronto is that he and Siakam’s skill sets don’t seem like an obvious fit together at all. I’d be legitimately fascinated to see how that works out. But I tend to think Milwaukee offers a better chance to win than they do. Miami would be debatable depending on how their young guys develop. Would be weird for him to sign long term to play in Miami with an aging and injury prone Butler but I can recognize Bam, Spoelstra, Herro, and cap space is enticing even outside of Butler.

Giannis just won MVP and his team had the best record in the league.

He’s gotta leave because of a 2nd round playoff flameout? Why?

That’s his squad and they’re good. Why not stay there and get better and get over the hump?

Dirk didn’t bounce from Dallas after ‘07. Jordan didn’t bounce in ‘89.

That’s his squad and they’re good. Why not stay there and get better and get over the hump?

certainly my hope and everything he’s said and done in the past would imply he would stay. But we know how that goes

I don't think anyone had Miami in the ecf.

What are you talking about .. many had picked the heat to beat Milwaukee once the matchup was set ... and for exactly the reasons we’re seeing play out in the series

Everything changed with LeBron.

Superstars were traded before he realized players have more power than teams.
Post LeBron players leave their current teams in FA.

Jordan wasn’t going to leave the Bulls and sign elsewhere. The only team Jordan even leveraged leaving Chicago was in 1996 where after he won the 1996 title he had David Falk meet with the Knicks to get Chicago to pay him 30 million for 1997.

Dirk was a great player but I wouldn’t put him in the field with Jordan, LeBron James, Giannis types who are literally the beat player in the league.

Giannis would leave likely if the roster couldn’t get better.

Lopez, Bledsoe are good players but beyond Middleton the roster is all role players tailored to his skills. DiVicenzio is probably a guy who can become better than with more playing time.

Bucks need a good 3rd wheel.
Like put a healthy Gordon Heyward there.

What are you talking about .. many had picked the heat to beat Milwaukee once the matchup was set ... and for exactly the reasons we’re seeing play out in the series
Yeah I was talking about Miami for a few weeks. I thought they matched up well with the Bucks. I made a nice bet on the Heat in February beating the Bucks on a back to back.

I got the Heat +320 to start this series. Bucks can do a reverse sweep but I like my bet now obviously.

Everything changed with LeBron.

Superstars were traded before he realized players have more power than teams.
Post LeBron players leave their current teams in FA.

Jordan wasn’t going to leave the Bulls and sign elsewhere. The only team Jordan even leveraged leaving Chicago was in 1996 where after he won the 1996 title he had David Falk meet with the Knicks to get Chicago to pay him 30 million for 1997.

Dirk was a great player but I wouldn’t put him in the field with Jordan, LeBron James, Giannis types who are literally the beat player in the league.

Giannis would leave likely if the roster couldn’t get better.

Lopez, Bledsoe are good players but beyond Middleton the roster is all role players tailored to his skills. DiVicenzio is probably a guy who can become better than with more playing time.

Bucks need a good 3rd wheel.
Like put a healthy Gordon Heyward there.

Brought up Dirk because after they lost in the 06 finals, the next year they were a 1 seed and lost in the first round. They were kindve written off as a team who had missed their window over the next few years

And even in 2011 nobody expected them to win it...until they did.

Even someone like Duncan...I think a lot of people wrote off the Spurs somewhere in between 2007 and 2014 as a team whose window had closed. Especially when Zach Randolph and the Grizzlies knocked them out. He didn’t go ring chase elsewhere.

Brought up Dirk because after they lost in the 06 finals, the next year they were a 1 seed and lost in the first round. They were kindve written off as a team who had missed their window over the next few years

And even in 2011 nobody expected them to win it...until they did.

Even someone like Duncan...I think a lot of people wrote off the Spurs somewhere in between 2007 and 2014 as a team whose window had closed. Especially when Zach Randolph and the Grizzlies knocked them out. He didn’t go ring chase elsewhere.
Duncan almost left the Spurs for the Orlando Magic when Grant Hill signed there.
Duncan would have become the Kevin Garnett of the East carrying inferior teams if he went to Orlando. If Doc Rivers didn’t have a rule that prevented wife’s/girlfriends from flying on the team plane Tim Duncan was ready to join Orlando in 2000.
Doc wouldn’t change his mind on this rule so Duncan changed His
Mind and resigned with the Spurs.

Duncan almost left the Spurs for the Orlando Magic when Grant Hill signed there.
Duncan would have become the Kevin Garnett of the East carrying inferior teams if he went to Orlando. If Doc Rivers didn’t have a rule that prevented wife’s/girlfriends from flying on the team plane Tim Duncan was ready to join Orlando in 2000.

Right but I’m talking later in his career, once he’d presumably won his rings in SA and wouldn’t be winning anymore...until they did.

And yeah that Hill injury would’ve had him stuck if he went to Orlando. Imagine if they’d been scared off by Hill’s injury and had managed to sign TMac and Duncan though? Would’ve been their new Penny and Shaq type duo.

Lots of tough breaks for Orlando fans over the years.

Right but I’m talking later in his career, once he’d presumably won his rings in SA and wouldn’t be winning anymore...until they did.

And yeah that Hill injury would’ve had him stuck if he went to Orlando. Imagine if they’d been scared off by Hill’s injury and had managed to sign TMac and Duncan though? Would’ve been their new Penny and Shaq type duo.

Lots of tough breaks for Orlando fans over the years.
If Duncan goes to Orlando then Kobe and Shaq would win another title likely and Sacramento and Dallas likely get championships.

Doc Rivers rule swung a lot of titles.

Like who? A lot of people liked Indiana in the first round. Im not sure anyone liked Miami in this series.

Shaq and Barkley just skunked the Celtics.
Norman Powell is the guy that worries me tonight.
Celtics are favored for the first time this series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom