NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 104 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Jazz with another big win. 26 for 50 from 3 to set as new franchise record. Eight guys had 3's including Bogdanovic with 7 for 10 for 31 pts. LaMelo Ball with a breakout game for Charlotte with 34 points and 8 assists. Brings a lot of energy.

The West remains wild. 10 teams over .500, and the 9th and 10th place teams would be 5th and 6th in the East by record.
Some things never change. Top 8 in the West is 39-18 vs the East. Top 8 in the East is 26-33 vs the West. Top 4 is 23-8 vs 13-12. The West is still the best and the deepest

-210 on Fanduel. Pretty much a done deal.
I play in a very unique fantasy league(for money!) where you basically get 96 minutes at the guard and forward spots per game, and 48 minutes at center. You make your lineup in the order of guys that you want your minutes used from, so it’s all about productivity per minute played. Guys who play 35 mpg and score 20 but statistically do little else(like a Klay Thompson for example) are not very valuable.

I shot for the moon and picked the rookie Ball very early and he has been an absolute STUD in that league, and I’m in first largely because of him, so I have a vested interest in him keeping it up, lol.

KD went from a guy impossible not to root for to insufferable pretty quickly. Nice transformation.
Yeah he went from the quiet superstar in OKC to the NBA's living version of Chappelle as Prince from Charlie Murphy's stories.

Fascinating career arc.

So KD was ordered out of the game, but the rest of the Nets and Raptors don't have to miss any games?

Makes zero sense to me.

Yeah he went from the quiet superstar in OKC to the NBA's living version of Chappelle as Prince from Charlie Murphy's stories.

Fascinating career arc.

If he says “Good” as soon as he releases his J in the same tone of voice as Chappelle’s Prince, he’d probably become one of my favorite players of all time.

If he says “Good” as soon as he releases his J in the same tone of voice as Chappelle’s Prince, he’d probably become one of my favorite players of all time.
I used to play pick up with a dude that was the perfect pick up buddy, he kinda sucked but was super funny and knew he wasn't good so he just tried to make the game more fun.

True story, when he passed to me he'd always yell "shoot the j" and over the course of 2 or 3 weeks I put it up every time he said it. It was hilarious, and got even funnier when at one point I made something like 11 straight shots. One of those things where it interrupts the games because everyone is cracking up over how absurd it got.

I used to play pick up with a dude that was the perfect pick up buddy, he kinda sucked but was super funny and knew he wasn't good so he just tried to make the game more fun.

True story, when he passed to me he'd always yell "shoot the j" and over the course of 2 or 3 weeks I put it up every time he said it. It was hilarious, and got even funnier when at one point I made something like 11 straight shots. One of those things where it interrupts the games because everyone is cracking up over how absurd it got.

Lol, awesome. The pickup player who sucks but knows his role and is funny is an underrated factor in making a run fun.

Some things never change. Top 8 in the West is 39-18 vs the East. Top 8 in the East is 26-33 vs the West. Top 4 is 23-8 vs 13-12. The West is still the best and the deepest

The gap in record I think had closed in recent years altough it was still clearly west... gap has extended again this year.

The fake fan noise in Brooklyn was so exaggerated. The loud rumble would go on at all times,

I guess they were paying homage to the New Jersey Nets who were well known for piping in fan noise.

Oh, I should add, the funniest was when a teammate stole a pass to to me from when my buddy huslted out of bounds to throw me the inbounds pass at 3/4 court yelling "Shoot the Jaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!"

The gap in record I think had closed in recent years altough it was still clearly west... gap has extended again this year.

Not saying this because of you, but Toronto and the Heat are kinda the biggest reason. If they were performing as expected, things would look a lot closer to even.

The fake fan noise in Brooklyn was so loud and exaggerated.

I absolutely despise the fake crowd noise. Maybe it’s because I’ve spent basically every winter in a gym since I was a little kid, but sneakers squeaking and players communicating on defense, and coaches yelling...those are the sounds of the game and that’s what we should hear.

I watched some of Providence-Seton Hall the other day being played in some small gym at Providence due to issues with their main arena...it was basically like a high school sized gym and you could hear everything...except the Fox Big East broadcast threw some ridiculous sounding white noise type crowd sound over it. It was just absurd. Don’t bother.

In the Knicks game they’re talking about how in shape Melo is. Said he’s in better shape than he was at Cuse. Gave a shout to him winning a title here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom