NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I absolutely despise the fake crowd noise. Maybe it’s because I’ve spent basically every winter in a gym since I was a little kid, but sneakers squeaking and players communicating on defense, and coaches yelling...those are the sounds of the game and that’s what we should hear.

I watched some of Providence-Seton Hall the other day being played in some small gym at Providence due to issues with their main arena...it was basically like a high school sized gym and you could hear everything...except the Fox Big East broadcast threw some ridiculous sounding white noise type crowd sound over it. It was just absurd. Don’t bother.

I certainy prefer the fake fan noise over straight game sounds. Need that environment for me anyway as long as it is done reasonably well. But Brooklyn seems to have taken it to a level where the crowd doesn't ever stop buzzing.

Nothing better to see in the league then when Steph has a night.

Steph with 57 but mavs win.

Thought decision not to foul late was bad. At worst you’re down 3. Even if they miss, you don’t guarantee a board considering you’re so small.

Dubs/Mavs is insane.

Steph over 50. Luka over 40.
Lakers edge Pistons in double OT. Jerami Grant with 32. On late so didn't see it but it looks like Pistons were down 10 going into the fourth.

This season’s Lakers team is the closest I have seen since 2001 with being on auto pilot in the regular season.

It’s amazing. The Nets are the only team that could realistically beat them 4 times out of 7.

This season’s Lakers team is the closest I have seen since 2001 with being on auto pilot in the regular season.

It’s amazing. The Nets are the only team that could realistically beat them 4 times out of 7.

Your buddy Simmons gives the Sixers the best chance in the East.

Your buddy Simmons gives the Sixers the best chance in the East.
I think Brooklyn and Milwaukee are better than Philly.
I think Boston could beat Philadelphia in a playoff series as well.

best chance to beat the Lakers. Embid can even out AD and Simmons can at least make Lebron work for points

Obviously there's a long way to go, but it's possible that the two longest playoff droughts in the league could end this year: Sacramento (14 years) and Phoenix (10 years). Both are over .500.

The Knicks also have an outside shot at making the playoffs (being in the East helps). They have the third longest drought at 7 years.

So I noticed last night that Jared Dudley wrote a short book called Inside the NBA Bubble and it was free to read on Amazon Prime.

Pretty interesting. I couldn't stand Dudley in college but he's had a really solid NBA career. Has some interesting insights. I'm about half done with the book. Waiters has a few mentions so far, they're pretty positive.

So I noticed last night that Jared Dudley wrote a short book called Inside the NBA Bubble and it was free to read on Amazon Prime.

Pretty interesting. I couldn't stand Dudley in college but he's had a really solid NBA career. Has some interesting insights. I'm about half done with the book. Waiters has a few mentions so far, they're pretty positive.
Yesterday I randomly watched a YouTube clip titled "Jared Dudley starting fights for no reason compilation."

Obviously there's a long way to go, but it's possible that the two longest playoff droughts in the league could end this year: Sacramento (14 years) and Phoenix (10 years). Both are over .500.

How are we gonna treat the play-in round here? If you finish 9/10 and lose in the play in, did you make the playoffs?

How are we gonna treat the play-in round here? If you finish 9/10 and lose in the play in, did you make the playoffs?
It's probably not on the table, but I'd love to see the play in be conference agnostic, and then seed the playoffs depending on how the play-in turns out. Reward more competitive teams with playoff spots, I know, it's radical, but it's crazy enough that it just might work.

In my opinion, definitely not. You could have an abysmal regular season record as the 10 seed.

It's probably not on the table, but I'd love to see the play in be conference agnostic, and then seed the playoffs depending on how the play-in turns out. Reward more competitive teams with playoff spots, I know, it's radical, but it's crazy enough that it just might work.

If there was ever a time to do it, last year probably was it. Everyone in the same place, no travel.

There were years with 50 win west teams either making it as the 8 and getting crushed in round 1 or not making it at all, and sub 500 teams making it in the East. I don't think I would really hate seeding it all 1-16. The one thing I do like about keeping it conference based is you are more likely to develop rivalries with the same teams playing each other a lot. Growing up in the 90s with the Knicks, I liked that they were playing the same teams all the time (Indy they played in 93/94/95/98/99/00, Miami 97/98/99/00, the Bulls 91/92/93/94/96; 89 as well but I don't remember that at all).

If there was ever a time to do it, last year probably was it. Everyone in the same place, no travel.

There were years with 50 win west teams either making it as the 8 and getting crushed in round 1 or not making it at all, and sub 500 teams making it in the East. I don't think I would really hate seeding it all 1-16. The one thing I do like about keeping it conference based is you are more likely to develop rivalries with the same teams playing each other a lot. Growing up in the 90s with the Knicks, I liked that they were playing the same teams all the time (Indy they played in 93/94/95/98/99/00, Miami 97/98/99/00, the Bulls 91/92/93/94/96; 89 as well but I don't remember that at all).

Playing the Bulls in the playoffs in the 90's almost every year haunts my dreams to this day.

I get the travel aspect of it, and the rivalry angle is a good one.

Ideally there would be a natural balance. There's just... not.

The East produces contenders now and again, to their credit, but their garbage at establishing a field of competitive teams. It's weird. The West is just better at it, and have been for a crazy long time.

The East produces contenders now and again, to their credit, but their garbage at establishing a field of competitive teams. It's weird. The West is just better at it, and have been for a crazy long time.
Expansion Seattle to the West
Montreal to the East.

Move the 3 Texas teams San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, New Orleans, Memphis to the East.

Detroit, Milwaukee, Chicago, Indiana, Cleveland to the West.

It's just so...weird. There should be some kind of an ebb and flow to it, right? The east was better in the 80s, for the most part, especially in the mid to back half of the decade (The lakers had some, uh, interesting paths to the finals some years), but the West basically took over as the stronger conference the second Jordan retired and that hasn't changed for the past 20 plus years. (there was probably a year or two when the east was better, but thats it)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom