NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 123 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I'm nervous to see where Lowry and Powell end up.

In regards to Powell, I think he ends up on a mid-range contender... not one of the elite. A team in the 5-8 seed range, that looks at him as a long term piece and is going to pay him in the offseason.

I would have to think if the Lakers end up with Lowry, his market was a lot weaker than people currently expect. Philly should be able to beat any Lakers offer if they're truly interested in Lowry. Likewise with Miami.

From what I am hearing the offers for Lowry are not that high right now. Part of the problem is fitting in a trade for a $30m player which is complicated for some, so teams drop out for that reason. That limits the suitors -- Miami wants him but is being tight (I suspect they are not sure if they are elite contenders or not), and Philly really wants him but are being tight because they know there are not that many teams to compete against. Philly needs to push a little harder.

Masai though will have no problem screwing those teams over if they play too much hardball. They are the natural fits for Lowry, especially Philly -- if they only want to pay thirty cents on the dollar instead of 50 cents on the dollar, he will threaten to move them to the Lakers for less and may pull the trigger on it to create negotiating leverage in future deals.

Toronto wants Tyler Herro.
Miami has offered Duncan Robinson.

I wonder what Philly is offering.

If Orlando would take Kemba over Smart I would do the trade of multiple first round picks for Gordon.

Toronto wants Tyler Herro.
Miami has offered Duncan Robinson.

I wonder what Philly is offering.

Maxey and a first seems to be the base package. Raptors apparently want an extra first or Thybulle..
Philly is in good position because they have two expiring contracts that they would be content to lose that cover most of the match (Green+Scott)

If Orlando would take Kemba over Smart I would do the trade of multiple first round picks for Gordon.

I would be very shocked if Orlando were willing to take on Kemba's contract when they're clearly trying to cut salary with the Fournier move.

Kemba has probably moved into the bubble of bad contracts... there are certainly quite a few worse ones out there, but its hard to get positive value for him.

When I look at that Celtic team, especially last year, if they had someone like Lowry instead of Kemba I think they would have been a real threat.

Kemba has probably moved into the bubble of bad contracts... there are certainly quite a few worse ones out there, but its hard to get positive value for him.

When I look at that Celtic team, especially last year, if they had someone like Lowry instead of Kemba I think they would have been a real threat.
Celtics roster needs a guard with the guts Lowry has.

They are going thru a Philly last year season.

Need to retool next year not winning this year. I don’t want to tank like CuseRunner does with Knicks.
Celtics will be a 5-8 seed.

Gary Harris, RJ Hampton, and a protected 2025 1st rounder for Aaron Gordon and Gary Clark

I think Hill to Philly shuts the door on Lowry there.

Trying to figure out how many more times the Knicks play Orlando now...

I’m not convinced ... sizers have to give up multiple bodies to match for Lowry. He could be the filler or another body to have post trade. Sixers probably also do this to try to create leverage in Lowry deal.

It shouldn't shut the door on it but does seem like a fair chance Hill was the backup plan for them if they couldn't get Lowry.

Not exactly news but Shams saying it's down to Miami and LA for Lowry. LA offering Schroder and KCP. Miami offering Duncan. Toronto wants Horton-Tucker or Herro included. Lowry prefers Miami between the two

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom