NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 124 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

It shouldn't shut the door on it but does seem like a fair chance Hill was the backup plan for them if they couldn't get Lowry.

I said that with doing no research, just wasnt sure if they could send salary for Hill and then be able to match on Lowry.

I said that with doing no research, just wasnt sure if they could send salary for Hill and then be able to match on Lowry.
Yeah they can. Sounds like they're likely out though.

Man the celtics are stale. I don’t hate the Fournier trade but this organization needs a jolt

Not gonna lie, I didn't realize Rondo was viewed as more valuable than Lou Will. Not a fan of either player personally but surprised LA had to include multiple 2nd rounders.
Playoff/National TV Rondo is real.

Playing in Atlanta he gets no attention.

He will be a spark for the clippers.

Plus Lou Williams gets to go get wings at magic city now.

Jazz trade for another 3 pt shooter
Do you subscribe to the theory that someone in the front office screwed up the off-season deals and the opportunity to stay out of the luxury tax, so the Jazz are now in a weird middle ground where it's impossible to avoid the tax, but they also aren't super eager to pay a ton on it?

Playoff/National TV Rondo is real.

Playing in Atlanta he gets no attention.

He will be a spark for the clippers.

Plus Lou Williams gets to go get wings at magic city now.
So you're saying this is a win of a trade for all parties?

Do you subscribe to the theory that someone in the front office screwed up the off-season deals and the opportunity to stay out of the luxury tax, so the Jazz are now in a weird middle ground where it's impossible to avoid the tax, but they also aren't super eager to pay a ton on it?
No, I thought they would make a trade but it would be a 4/5. The new owner knows this could be his only chance to win a championship but it could cost. I'm actually surprised there weren't more trades in the West since it's pretty wide open.

I wonder if this will be one of those trade deadlines where a bunch of news breaks after the official end as the transactions process and stuff.

Not gonna lie, I didn't realize Rondo was viewed as more valuable than Lou Will. Not a fan of either player personally but surprised LA had to include multiple 2nd rounders.

Well. I guess at least two teams value Rondo more.

I'm not sure I get that at all. Understand Lou is brutal on D and they arent going to play him at crunch time, but are they gonna play Rondo then? They must really buy into Playoff Rondo

The Clips didn’t have any leverage, even less so with Hill going to Philly. Deal had to be made and the Hawks took advantage.

Well. I guess at least two teams value Rondo more.

I'm not sure I get that at all. Understand Lou is brutal on D and they arent going to play him at crunch time, but are they gonna play Rondo then? They must really buy into Playoff Rondo
The choice was between Playoff Rondo and Regular Season Lou. The Clips are already making the playoffs, so this had to happen.

Plus, Beverley is injured again.

Wow, the return Houston got for Oladipo is just...yuck. Avery Bradley, Kelly Olynyk, and a swap of draft picks.

Disappointing to see the Raps could not move Lowry. In my head I had moved on from the team this year.

My initial thought on the Powell trade was "Meh", but thinking it through it made sense.
- Gary Trent is sort of a Powell replacement, and as an RFA his cap hold was 5-6 million less than Norm.
- Gives the Raps more money to go free agent something with over $20Million of cap space.
- They then resign Gary Trent to more than the hold, go over the cap, and get a full MLE.

Lowry could have a value in a sign and trade, but the problem with that is that you will get salary in return next year and burn that cap space.

At a high level, Bobby Webster is still a relatively new GM. On the bright side, if the Raps were unable to bend on chicken poop offers it creates negotiation equity in the future where teams know that Webster could just decide not to play.

Is it more surprising that Lowry didn't move, or that Lonzo Ball didn't move?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom