NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 155 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Seriously what is the deal with no Kennard? It feels like there simply has to be something else going on. They kept a guy who is shooting 44% from three on the bench?
I don't get it either. I know he's a dreadful defender, but he's a lethal shooter and one of the few players on the team that legitimately wants to create shots for people besides himself. I have to imagine there's some sort of injury or something the public doesn't know about.

Bummed that Portland/Denver game is on NBA channel.

I don't get it either. I know he's a dreadful defender, but he's a lethal shooter and one of the few players on the team that legitimately wants to create shots for people besides himself. I have to imagine there's some sort of injury or something the public doesn't know about.
It’s his defense, or lack thereof. He’s not going anywhere with that contract, though, so he’ll get more run down the line.

embrace debate. Is this Clippers crew more fraudulent than lob city?
This is the second time I’ve seen you refer to the Lob City teams as fraudulent. How were they frauds?

Yes, Post Indiana/Injury Playoff P is an all timer on the fraud list.
It’s not like he’s having a bad series. He’s not shooting well from 3, but he wasn’t towards the end of the regular season either.

Lob City more often than not just had terrible injury luck by the time the playoffs rolled around. I can't hold it against them too much. They blew an opportunity or two as well but I think most of their lack of success just boiled down to bad luck.

Last year's failure was pretty embarrassing and this year has been worse so far (but I don't necessarily think the series is over just yet). I think these two seasons have shown that the chemistry just isn't there with the group of guys they have. PG has improved his individual skills over the years, but I think those skills have developed in a way that makes him a more difficult teammate to mesh with than he used to be. I don't think Kawhi is the easiest player to play with either; neither guy is very good as a creator for others. They're mostly just looking to break the defense down and score when they get the ball. The closest that LA has to a creator/ball mover is Rondo and Kennard, one of which literally isn't playing, and the other just isn't good enough anymore to be your best creator.

TLDR: Kawhi and PG are both tremendous players. Kawhi is clearly one of the best scorers and defenders in the league. PG is very good as well, an All-NBA caliber player. But the team, in no small part due to the two of them, is vulnerable to stretches like this because it's basically a collection of scorers that don't really care about moving the ball.
IMO it’s three things:

1. Mental fragility. If Ballmer didn’t bring in a sports psychologist after what happened last season, that’s on him.
2. Lue is no match for Carlisle.
3. Not only should Leonard and George be the primary guys defending Doncic, they should be begging to do so.

Most of the other things you pointed out were successfully addressed during the regular season. Lue did a solid job improving the offense. Best three-point and free-throw shooting team in the league. Career highs in assists for both Leonard and George. Rondo was a different player after the ATL trade.

Anyway, the Clips had no problem scoring in Game 2. They lost because of their defense.

Chemistry was fine for most of the season. Things got weird after Leonard returned from injury down the stretch. They won 11 of 12 before he came back and George was playing better than everyone not named Steph Curry.

It appears to be an issue Lue can’t solve. To reiterate, he did well during the regular season. But Doc Rivers is a great regular season coach, too. Lue was hired to fix this team in the playoffs, and he’s failing miserably. He’s saying all the right things ahead of Game 3. We’ll see if he’s doing the right things.

I did not anticipate that the Heat would be getting dump trucked by the Bucks. Or anyone, really.
Feeling more and more like the Celtics series against Kyrie when the Bucks exercised some demons after losing to them the year before

I did not anticipate that the Heat would be getting dump trucked by the Bucks. Or anyone, really.

I'm enjoying it more than a little because everyone was dumping on the Bucks for beating the Heat the last weekend of the season, lining up this matchup, instead of setting up a matchup with the obviously inferior Knicks.

I'm not even saying I disagreed at the time, I thought the Bucks would have more trouble with Miami than they are. But I am still enjoying it

I'm enjoying it more than a little because everyone was dumping on the Bucks for beating the Heat the last weekend of the season, lining up this matchup, instead of setting up a matchup with the obviously inferior Knicks.

I'm not even saying I disagreed at the time, I thought the Bucks would have more trouble with Miami than they are. But I am still enjoying it
I'm enjoying it too :)

While I hate hearing about these things, I think it's generally good that the NBA is cracking down on idiot "fans."

Id like to see just one “Malice at the Palace” where the players get off light. Like, it would’ve been amazing to see Russ yoke that clown up. The fans doing this stuff have never been punched in the face in their lives and don’t truly realize that is a potential consequence of their awful behavior. They can stand to learn some life lessons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom