NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Portland has been on the treadmill Dame's entire career. I respect his loyalty to Portland and hope he stays, but they've done a shitty job of building around him. It was obvious from their first year together that Dame and CJ could never win a title together; they just accentuate each other's weaknesses too much. And the forwards that they've tried to bring in to complement them have generally been terrible decisions. CJ's trade value probably is nowhere near what it once was but I imagine they could still package some of their pieces together for an upgrade if they finally decide to.
CJ for PG13.

Since he’s moving to the front office, does this take him off the “Boeheim successor list” and increase Billy Donovan’s chances?
Heck no, way easier path now. Gonna have the itch to be coaching again in 2 years, mark it down!

CJ for PG13.
They'd need to give up a lot more than CJ IMO. I doubt Portland and LA would want to help each other anyways. I think Portland still has enough pieces to theoretically upgrade from CJ, but CJ to Paul George is probably too big a leap unless PG wants out or something.

Since he’s moving to the front office, does this take him off the “Boeheim successor list” and increase Billy Donovan’s chances?
This is the additional experience he needed to have a realistic shot vs Billy and Jay. Astute move, I’m sure ADJW is content.

Wow. Did not see that coming. Stevens just must be over coaching.

And Indiana fans thought they had a chance with him. Insane. IU could have offered a gajillion dollars a year and he was going to give them a hard pass.

Back to the NBA, someone else mentioned Kidd or Pierce. Not sure I like either of those options for Boston.

Wonder if Ainge has a new gig lined up already.

Going to be moving day for a lot of those guys on the Cs, I think, pretty soon.

And Indiana fans thought they had a chance with him. Insane. IU could have offered a gajillion dollars a year and he was going to give them a hard pass.

Back to the NBA, someone else mentioned Kidd or Pierce. Not sure I like either of those options for Boston.

Wonder if Ainge has a new gig lined up already.

Going to be moving day for a lot of those guys on the Cs, I think, pretty soon.
Regarding Ainge, Chris Mannix was saying everyone is speculating that he's headed to Utah

They'd need to give up a lot more than CJ IMO. I doubt Portland and LA would want to help each other anyways. I think Portland still has enough pieces to theoretically upgrade from CJ, but CJ to Paul George is probably too big a leap unless PG wants out or something.
I suppose it depends on how things go for the Clips the rest of this week. If they lose I don't know that Ballmer or Kawhi for that matter is going to be too excited to run it back. CJ is younger, cheaper and PER/WS are essentially the same. Not really the smartest move to make to downsize when wings are the most valuable players in the league but the Clips backcourt is as sad as Portland's frontcourt. Portland can add in Collins or Covington to make things work financially and give the Clips another asset with some value. I don't know what else either team does if they are both done in Rd 1 and just get older and more expensive next year with the same holes.

What's the word on the street OttoinGrotto ?

cliftonparksufan - any intel?
Haven't talked to anyone, this is just my own thought - I'd be really surprised. Not a typical Jazz move, and honestly, it sounds like something people are throwing out more for the lazy BYU/Mormon stuff than because it makes basketball sense.

That said... it is a new ownership group. They might want to make some moves, and Lindsay has a reputation as a more passive GM. They might want some more boldness/creativity thinking they have a contending window with Rudy and Donovan. Maybe Ainge fits the bill on that.

Last edited:
I suppose it depends on how things go for the Clips the rest of this week. If they lose I don't know that Ballmer or Kawhi for that matter is going to be too excited to run it back. CJ is younger, cheaper and PER/WS are essentially the same. Not really the smartest move to make to downsize when wings are the most valuable players in the league but the Clips backcourt is as sad as Portland's frontcourt. Portland can add in Collins or Covington to make things work financially and give the Clips another asset with some value. I don't know what else either team does if they are both done in Rd 1 and just get older and more expensive next year with the same holes.

I definitely do not expect LAC to run it back if they lose this series (and maybe even if they just don't win the title), but I just can't see them trading a legitimate star for a package built around a non-all star. If the Clippers move PG, they'll almost certainly be doing it to bring another star in, not to sell him for better depth.

It's kinda funny how everything Ballmer touches turns to dust. He was CEO of Microsoft from 2000 to 2014 and the stock was dead money the whole time. Then he leaves and the stock takes off like a rocket ship, up 700% since he left. Given his track record the LAC will never win a title.

He’s a year-and-a-half younger. The Clips are happy with PG and he’s happy with them.

He’s a year-and-a-half younger. The Clips are happy with PG and he’s happy with them.

Can't do anything until you see how this season shakes out. If Embiid is hurt, Luka is hurt and the Lakers get bounced because of AD... Its not out of the realm of possibility that the Clips can roll in the West and then have to face the winner of MIL/BKLYN in the finals.

I know that's a ways away, but if they get to the finals, the whole story changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom