NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 166 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Obviously this doesn’t apply to Paul but I have to think it isn’t a coincidence that the last four teams standing in the bubble last year all had major injuries derail their season. Miami and Boston already knocked out in the first round rather quickly, Lakers on the ropes down AD/a hobbled Bron/KCP banged up, then Denver in a dog fight with Portland without Murray.

For sure. Everything is a small sample size here but it seems too obvious for there not to have been some effect on those teams.

I definitely do not expect LAC to run it back if they lose this series (and maybe even if they just don't win the title), but I just can't see them trading a legitimate star for a package built around a non-all star. If the Clippers move PG, they'll almost certainly be doing it to bring another star in, not to sell him for better depth.
What's PGs value though as a guy that has an iffy reputation as being able to drive winning in the playoffs with 4 years, $190m taking him from age 32 through 35? He may age decently but $47.5m a year for Paul George will likely become a toxic asset in 2 years if not 1.

Last edited:
He’s a year-and-a-half younger. The Clips are happy with PG and he’s happy with them.
We'll see. If they crash out in the 1st round are they really happy with a $47.5m a year Paul George for the back end of his career? Good luck improving the team at all with that and a Kawhi extension kicking in. Going to be running it back for 4 years with probably declining results. Could always get lucky 1 year though. Could even be this year if things break right.

Can't do anything until you see how this season shakes out. If Embiid is hurt, Luka is hurt and the Lakers get bounced because of AD... Its not out of the realm of possibility that the Clips can roll in the West and then have to face the winner of MIL/BKLYN in the finals.

I know that's a ways away, but if they get to the finals, the whole story changes.
I think they’ll stick with Leonard and PG no matter what... as long as Leonard stays put. Any changes they make will be with the supporting cast and/or coaching staff.

If they win the next two games, they’ll go into the next round with momentum and confidence. The way they responded after falling behind 30-11 in Game 3 may have solved their mental issues. Even if the Doncic injury played a part, they’re not going to think about it that way.

The playoff landscape certainly changed over the weekend. Let’s not forget about the Jazz, though.

We'll see. If they crash out in the 1st round are they really happy with a $47.5m a year Paul George for the back end of his career? Good luck improving the team at all with that and a Kawhi extension kicking in. Going to be running it back for 4 years with probably declining results. Could always get lucky 1 year though. Could even be this year if things break right.
If they lose this series, it won’t be because of George or Leonard. They’re both playing great. And they both played great during the regular season. The organization is committed to them. The only potential wrench is Leonard going somewhere else. And that would be via sign & trade.

The Clippers are going to be fine no matter what happens this year.

This boomer doesn't agree. I hate the alternative jersey for baseball and football but for the most part, I think it expresses itself better in the younger, hipper NBA.

So if Cuse shows up for a big Dome game against Duke wearing Navy jerseys with a big giant Orange knitted on the front, you’re ok with it?

So if Cuse shows up for a big Dome game against Duke wearing Navy jerseys with a big giant Orange knitted on the front, you’re ok with it?
Gasp

Surprised Ainge lasted as long as he did.

Clown.

So you think that people should take political advice from athletes and movie stars? That’s the clown show right there.

So what? Are you there for fashion, or basketball? Shirts vs skins would be okay, as long as the hoops was good.

So you think that people should take political advice from athletes and movie stars? That’s the clown show right there.
I think it’s a moronic statement for an NBA GM to state that he doesn’t care what his players think about politics or social issues.

I’m sure that guys like Jaylen Brown really appreciated a comment like that from their GM.

maybe actors and current athletes think that Ainge is an idiotic azzwipe.

I think it’s a moronic statement for an NBA GM to state that he doesn’t care what his players think about politics or social issues.

I’m sure that guys like Jaylen Brown really appreciated a comment like that from their GM.

maybe actors and current athletes think that Ainge is an idiotic azzwipe.

Ainge can talk politics, but his players can’t.

Because Ainge is an old, white, Republican.

No. The biggest clown move was clearly Ainge, unprompted, bringing up who he was voting for at a basketball event.

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF SPORTS, amiright?
SHUT UP AND DRIBBLE, DANNY!

Or, in Danny’s case, continue to make crappy trades and signings

If y’all don’t take it down a notch, I’m a start posting about Michael Porter Jr and Nick Bosa.

Jazz with a huge 24 pt lead at halftime. Mitchell with 26 on 10-13 shooting. Everything is clicking

We all lost, when the Warriors didn’t get in.
Memphis hung tough in this series and just didn’t know how to close out games. They acquitted themselves well, I thought. Tonight was predictable after they let two home games slip away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom