NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 168 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

If this happens and Milwaukee is actually able to knock out the Nets, ratings are going to be horrible but I'm going to love it so much.

I think if the Mavs make the finals with Luka it could pull up the ratings. That is still two arguably top five guys going at each other in the Finals. But for sure not having LeBron or KD in play def hurts.

BTW, I don't think the Mavs will make the Finals.

I think the Jazz are the nightmare out of the West for TV ratings.

He was crushing it until the 4th and then became gassed. That's the only reason they came back.

Got to have the context for the inefficiency there.

Nice of KP to hit a few shots in the 4th after being a no show, again.

I don't think the Clips can give away another hot start at home for Luka and keep crawling back out of it. Clips have more talent, but Mavs have Luka and a better coach.
But - they came back because he got gassed which all ties in - context or not. If you told Lue before the game Luka is going to get 42 but need nearly 40 shots to do it...I think he signs off on that

But - they came back because he got gassed which all ties in - context or not. If you told Lue before the game Luka is going to get 42 but need nearly 40 shots to do it...I think he signs off on that

Fair take, I just think having to come back in the 4th versus the 1st makes it a higher climb, but fair take.

I think if the Mavs make the finals with Luka it could pull up the ratings. That is still two arguably top five guys going at each other in the Finals. But for sure not having LeBron or KD in play def hurts.

BTW, I don't think the Mavs will make the Finals.

I think the Jazz are the nightmare out of the West for TV ratings.
If the LAs and Brooklyn are actually eliminated, I think Utah/Phoenix are the clear favorites in the West. Obviously if Brooklyn is out that means we're almost certainly down to Milwaukee and Philly in the East. Any combination of those 4 would be a lot of fun but I don't think it'll be great for ratings.

If the LAs and Brooklyn are actually eliminated, I think Utah/Phoenix are the clear favorites in the West. Obviously if Brooklyn is out that means we're almost certainly down to Milwaukee and Philly in the East. Any combination of those 4 would be a lot of fun but I don't think it'll be great for ratings.

Yeah, it would be great basketball, for sure. Very entertaining.

I for one give 0 shits about ratings. I could not possibly be happier if both LAs are gone this weekend and Brooklyn before the conf finals.

Are we even sure a Clips/Brooklyn finals would do huge tv numbers? No Bron. No Curry. No other storied team like Boston or Knicks (not that either team was making it). But you get my point.

I do think there could be some interesting numbers if they hit with Giannis and Luka (again, I dont think the Mavs are making it) with international audiences.

Are we even sure a Clips/Brooklyn finals would do huge tv numbers? No Bron. No Curry. No other storied team like Boston or Knicks (not that either team was making it). But you get my point.

I do think there could be some interesting numbers if they hit with Giannis and Luka (again, I dont think the Mavs are making it) with international audiences.
Clips/Brooklyn is probably the 2nd best matchup the league office is hoping for. Get 5 of arguably the biggest dozen names in the league in the series with neither franchise having won anything in ages.

Clips/Brooklyn is probably the 2nd best matchup the league office is hoping for. Get 5 of arguably the biggest dozen names in the league in the series with neither franchise having won anything in ages.

But barely any historical fanbase for either.

I'm just not sure if those names can pull the numbers. Bron and Curry are by far the biggest draws in the NBA for TV.

I'm just not sure if those names can pull the numbers. Bron and Curry are by far the biggest draws in the NBA for TV.
I'm not sure how it all works nowadays. I think for the most part that folks college age and younger barely even have any kind of team allegiance in the NBA and just gravitate towards individual players. Not that that group really contributes to ratings in any fashion since they barely watch TV either.

I'm not sure how it all works nowadays. I think for the most part that folks college age and younger barely even have any kind of team allegiance in the NBA and just gravitate towards individual players. Not that that group really contributes to ratings in any fashion since they barely watch TV either.

I do agree Kawhi, PG, Harden, Kyrie and KD are a generally better draw than Mitchell, Gobert, Giannis, Middleton and Holiday.

If this happens and Milwaukee is actually able to knock out the Nets, ratings are going to be horrible but I'm going to love it so much.
Is the NBA that reliant on big markets/big names? I know it’s not the NFL, where anyone can do anything and it’s massive ratings, but Trae Young and Luka are must see tv for me.

Definitely interested to see if Trae can go at Simmons and co., before I start letting my Atlanta friends defend the draft trade. Knicks are gritty, but they don’t have that elite defender. Luka’s entire playoff career has been against a team with two of the best perimeter defenders in the game.

Lakers fans will hop on the Clippers bandwagon, just like Dodgers fans did with the Angels.

According to Eric Pincus from Bleacher Report, Chris Paul intends to decline his $44 mil player option and seek out something around 3 years and $100 mil.

According to Eric Pincus from Bleacher Report, Chris Paul intends to decline his $44 mil player option and seek out something around 3 years and $100 mil.

Welcome to NY, CP3.

1622738421780.png

Patiently waiting to see who the refs are for the games tonight

After the chitshow that was the first round in the east the league will make sure that at least two of these series go to 7

As
He'd be perfect replacing Kemba in Boston. Perfect.

Just not sure how it would work cap wise.
They could do a sign and trade with the Suns, give back Walker, but the Suns would look for a lot of additional assets to do it.

As

Just not sure how it would work cap wise.
They could do a sign and trade with the Suns, give back Walker, but the Suns would look for a lot of additional assets to do it.
They can have Ainge as part of the trade. I'm good with that...

Honestly, it's all fuzzy math to me anyway. If the Nets can figure out how to have Kyrie, KD and Harden all on the same squad, pretty much any other combo should be doable.

The way Rondo played he should be giving no looks. I wouldn't have passed the ball to him either.
To be fair, Rondo seemed to be satisfied with whatever explanation Leonard gave him.

No. The biggest clown move was clearly Ainge, unprompted, bringing up who he was voting for at a basketball event.

KEEP POLITICS OUT OF SPORTS, amiright?
That sounds like a great idea. I'd like to see that apply to everybody. amirite?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom