NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 169 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Boston, home of the first Black NBA superstar & first Black head coach, now first woman head coach in men’s pro sports?

In the word of Marv Albert, “Yes!”

For the second best franchise in the league seeking championship contention? I fully acknowledge she deserves a head coaching gig but come on. As a Celtics fan I want a former player with ties to Boston or someone with significant head coaching experience.

Boston, home of the first Black NBA superstar & first Black head coach, now first woman head coach in men’s pro sports?

In the word of Marv Albert, “Yes!”

Kara Lawson is a serious candidate for the job I believe she’ll be one of the finalist for the Celtics job. The Celtics were the first team ever to have an African-American starting five, African-American head coach Bill Russell, and first African-American GM.

Kara Lawson is my new favorite.

My crazy musical chairs NBA coaching carousel movement is going to be as follows. When Milwaukee loses to the Nets they will fire their coach. Dallas will get eliminated and they’ll fire their coach. Milwaukee will hire Rick Carlisle to replace their coach and Dallas will hire Brad Stevens to be there next coach

My crazy musical chairs NBA coaching carousel movement is going to be as follows. When Milwaukee loses to the Nets they will fire their coach. Dallas will get eliminated and they’ll fire their coach. Milwaukee will hire Rick Carlisle to replace their coach and Dallas will hire Brad Stevens to be there next coach
Cuban ain't firing Carlisle bro.

Wait, you think Stevens is going to leave his new role literally in a couple weeks?

I'm honestly really curious to see what happens with Bud in Milwaukee. He proved this year that he can make the adjustments that everyone has been begging him for and it's worked magnificently so far. I don't think Milwaukee can find a better coach than Bud personally, but I understand if they come up short again, there may be pressure to look elsewhere.

For the second best franchise in the league seeking championship contention? I fully acknowledge she deserves a head coaching gig but come on. As a Celtics fan I want a former player with ties to Boston or someone with significant head coaching experience.
Somebody like Steve Nash, perhaps?

Wait, you think Stevens is going to leave his new role literally in a couple weeks?

I'm honestly really curious to see what happens with Bud in Milwaukee. He proved this year that he can make the adjustments that everyone has been begging him for and it's worked magnificently so far. I don't think Milwaukee can find a better coach than Bud personally, but I understand if they come up short again, there may be pressure to look elsewhere.
Stevens wants to coach.
The Celtics didn’t want to fire him.
He will be a HC again real soon.

Somebody like Steve Nash, perhaps?

Sure. An old school player with discipline, knowledge and the ability to “get” the players would be nice. With two budding stars forming an advantageous foundation, it’s crucial to pick a personality in a coach who can let them grow and coach up a team around them imo.

I wouldn’t “hate” landing Becky, I just think the Celtics are in a fragile position having all but squandered the past 10 years. Keep Brown and Tatum together at all costs.

Sure. An old school player with discipline, knowledge and the ability to “get” the players would be nice. With two budding stars forming an advantageous foundation, it’s crucial to pick a personality in a coach who can let them grow and coach up a team around them imo
I’d like to see Cassell get a shot somewhere.

Chauncey and his passive/aggressive low key Carmelo shading can kick rocks.

Sure. An old school player with discipline, knowledge and the ability to “get” the players would be nice. With two budding stars forming an advantageous foundation, it’s crucial to pick a personality in a coach who can let them grow and coach up a team around them imo.

I wouldn’t “hate” landing Becky, I just think the Celtics are in a fragile position having all but squandered the past 10 years. Keep Brown and Tatum together at all costs.
All but squandered? Yikes. That's extreme even for a Celts fan.

All but squandered? Yikes. That's extreme even for a Celts fan.
Celtics did everything right they just got unlucky with Kyrie.
He has zero business being upset at the Celtics organization or fanbase. He wasn’t mistreated.
He had a right to leave and did.

Celtics have been 3 conference finals the last 5 years. They haven’t wasted anything. They just haven’t been the best team.

Aight, these series tonight going to game 7?

Who you got?

AD cleared to play, Gasol starting in place of Drummond. Cool. Hope AD — who looks at times like a deer on ice — can stay healthy ... and get beaucoup bench time.

Giddy up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom