NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 171 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

This argument doesn't really make sense considering if you looked at the prior year, all of the teams that made deep runs in 2019 failed to make a "deep run" in 2020. In fact, going back to 2015, 3 of the 4 semifinalists fail to make a deep playoff run the following year on average and that's precisely where we're at now (depending on if Denver wins the next series or not). In fact, the only teams that have made deep playoff runs in consecutive seasons during that span are Golden State, Cleveland, and Boston did it once.

A lot of this also just boils down to matchups in the playoffs. If you made it to the semifinals one year and then got matched up on Golden State's side of the bracket the following year, you were pretty much guaranteed to fail to make a deep playoff run lol. Likewise with Cleveland in the East.

That feels amazing to me considering the Warriors and the Cavs played in the finals 4 years in a row.

Brons e xuals are already talking themselves into the Lakers getting Dame. No offense to the intelligent ones, but it’s these kind of opinions that drive me absolutely nuts.

How is Lillard going to play for the Lakers next year when hes gonna be on the Knicks?

Very satisfied with the teams left in the playoffs. Finally getting some new blood. I know it’s not good for casuals, but the final four especially in the West is going to be extremely entertaining.
West will be great especially if dallas holds on

Seriously though, I hope Portland cans Olshey and Stotts and gets that train back on track. I'd obviously gladly take Dame in Milwaukee but I really want to see them build a good team around him in Portland. There's some buzz that if not Utah, Portland might be Danny Ainge's next move.

Who do you guys have as your top 5 nba players right now? Very broad and can use any combination of criteria you want- offense, defense, overall impact, durability, playmaking, toughness, making others better, winner, etc.

Like 4-5 years ago my friends and I all had the same 5 guys. Now I could see 10 different players included.

Who do you guys have as your top 5 nba players right now? Very broad and can use any combination of criteria you want- offense, defense, overall impact, durability, playmaking, toughness, making others better, winner, etc.

Like 4-5 years ago my friends and I all had the same 5 guys. Now I could see 10 different players included.

The way guys are playing this season?

Ask me in July, but no seriously Curry is the only guy right now not playing that deserves to be on the list. After that it’s some combo of Luka/Durant/Harden/Jokic and Giannis.

I don't know about the order, but I think my top 5 would be Giannis, KD, LeBron, Harden, and Jokic. It's pretty painful limiting it to just 5 right now though.

The way guys are playing this season?

Ask me in July, but no seriously Curry is the only guy right now not playing that deserves to be on the list. After that it’s some combo of Luka/Durant/Harden/Jokic and Giannis.
That’s 6 names!

Yes after all we’ve seen this season but including what we also just know about players to this point has well.

I have Curry, Durant, Giannis, Jokic, James.

Hard to remove James still.

West will be great especially if dallas holds on
Eh. Not for me. Obviously a Lakers fan, but Portland would be the next team I’d like to watch make a run, and Denver would be next after them if they had Murray. They’re not nearly as fun for me as they were last year with Murray and Grant.

I think I’m rooting for Philly.

I don't know about the order, but I think my top 5 would be Giannis, KD, LeBron, Harden, and Jokic. It's pretty painful limiting it to just 5 right now though.

I’ll go ahead and say it, but if the version of Lebron next year is the version we saw after the ankle injury then he isn’t a top 5 player.

That’s 6 names!

Yes after all we’ve seen this season but including what we also just know about players to this point has well.

I have Curry, Durant, Giannis, Jokic, James.

Hard to remove James still.

That's why I said some combination. How about Durant/Steph/Jokic/Giannis/Lebron, but the right now version of Luka is better than Lebron. Personally I would never put Harden over Curry.

Sounds like PJ Tucker will be the 5th starter for the series against Brooklyn. Going to be interesting...Milwaukee hasn’t really used this lineup at all this season.

That's why I said some combination. How about Durant/Steph/Jokic/Giannis/Lebron, but the right now version of Luka is better than Lebron. Personally I would never put Harden over Curry.
I’d still take a healthy Davis over Jokic. Though obviously this is the worst possible time to talk about a “healthy Davis”.

Tough to not put Kawhi in there too, but like you guys said...there’s a lot of contenders right now for a top 5 list.

The entire Clippers roster is giving the Rajon Rondo stare to Paul George right now.

This is so predictable. Mavs win by 20+.

And no, this isn’t a pathetic attempt at a reverse jinx.

That ball they just called off Kleber might be the worst call I’ve seen this year lol

Technically that hook was a foul on Jackson. But if they called hooks or pushoffs everytime most big time players in the league would foul out in less then 20 minutes every game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom