NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 172 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I’d still take a healthy Davis over Jokic. Though obviously this is the worst possible time to talk about a “healthy Davis”.

Tough to not put Kawhi in there too, but like you guys said...there’s a lot of contenders right now for a top 5 list.

A lot tougher now than even a few hours ago!

I was not expecting this level of focus and success from the Clips in the fourth quarter. It’s something they haven’t been able to do all year.

Dallas missed so many open 3’s down the stretch. Insane that with the game Kawhi had tonight, Dallas probably wins if they just hit the shots they normally hit there.

Absolutely insane game from Kawhi though.

By the same token, the Clippers, other than Kawhi, were 5-25 from 3.

Kawhi was just making tough jumper after tough jumper for the last 3 quarters. Paul George was really great in the 4th quarter too after being awful before that. I think he played the entire 2nd half as well.

Dallas missed so many open 3’s down the stretch. Insane that with the game Kawhi had tonight, Dallas probably wins if they just hit the shots they normally hit there.

Absolutely insane game from Kawhi though.
The Mavs 3-point shooting tonight was more in line with their regular season shooting.

Is Porzingis with his contract now a negative asset? He contributes absolutely nothing towards winning basketball. He's basically a taller Ersan Ilyasova.

Damian Lillard publicly telling reporters he wants Jason Kidd or Chauncey Billups as the next coach in Portland.
Was this a vote of No Confidence for T. Stotts, or just whimsical musings? I am guessing the former given rumors of poor team control/discipline during the season. I wouldn't mind seeing either of those two as HC for Portland, personally.

By the same token, the Clippers, other than Kawhi, were 5-25 from 3.

Kawhi was just making tough jumper after tough jumper for the last 3 quarters. Paul George was really great in the 4th quarter too after being awful before that. I think he played the entire 2nd half as well.

It was like watching Kawhi operate against the Sixers in 2019.

Jason Kidd is not a good coach.
Atleast Bullups looks up and coming.
If I am Portland go Chauncey Billups:
JKs coaching career has been a little rocky, but I think it's hard to say that he isn't, or can't be, a good coach. He has likely (hopefully?) been learning more without the responsibility of being a head coach in his current position as assistant coach with the Lakers. Do you think Lillard is ill-informed in his assessment? Or, does he just want a former PG as a coach (which is not a good qualification in and of itself)?

Was this a vote of No Confidence for T. Stotts, or just whimsical musings? I am guessing the former given rumors of poor team control/discipline during the season. I wouldn't mind seeing either of those two as HC for Portland, personally.
You should mind Billups if you want to see Melo continue playing there.

It was like watching Kawhi operate against the Sixers in 2019.
He flipped a switch. Why he waited this long, I have no idea.

Also, he reached for his left hamstring several times over the course of the game.

JKs coaching career has been a little rocky, but I think it's hard to say that he isn't, or can't be, a good coach. He has likely (hopefully?) been learning more without the responsibility of being a head coach in his current position as assistant coach with the Lakers. Do you think Lillard is ill-informed in his assessment? Or, does he just want a former PG as a coach (which is not a good qualification in and of itself)?
Lillard likely doesn’t respect Stotts because he wasn’t an NBA player. I think he wants a coach who can relate with his position as an NBA PG.

NBA coaches for the most part don’t matter as long as the team has talent. You want to keep the talent happy.

NBA players have the most influence in their sport than any other sports league.

Kidd is a terrible coach.
No idea on Billups.

Is Porzingis with his contract now a negative asset? He contributes absolutely nothing towards winning basketball. He's basically a taller Ersan Ilyasova.
It’s wild that’s he’s so useless that they can’t even play him when Luka is on the bench to offset the fact that without Doncic, Dallas is a JV squad.

BTW, the Clippers are notoriously bad during matinee games. Nice of the NBA to schedule this Game 7 at 12:30 PST.

This is so predictable. Mavs win by 20+.

And no, this isn’t a pathetic attempt at a reverse jinx.
Can’t imagine what you would have replied to this if someone posted this on the SU bball board before they came back to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom