NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 173 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

JKs coaching career has been a little rocky, but I think it's hard to say that he isn't, or can't be, a good coach. He has likely (hopefully?) been learning more without the responsibility of being a head coach in his current position as assistant coach with the Lakers. Do you think Lillard is ill-informed in his assessment? Or, does he just want a former PG as a coach (which is not a good qualification in and of itself)?
Most Bucks fans will say otherwise, but I think Kidd did a pretty good job developing Giannis and Jabari, but he messed up pretty much everything else. Maybe the worst defensive schemes I’ve ever seen in the NBA, a vanilla offensive scheme, pitted teammates against one another, and just flat out stupid grasp of any sort of basketball logic. And that’s not even getting into his off court issues.

People exaggerate how bad he was for the Bucks but he was certainly at least pretty bad. A pretty bad coach with a lengthy track record off the court probably shouldn’t be the guy that gets this many chances at being a coach.

At any rate, Stotts wasn’t Portland’s issue. It’s Olshey.

Most Bucks fans will say otherwise, but I think Kidd did a pretty good job developing Giannis and Jabari, but he messed up pretty much everything else. Maybe the worst defensive schemes I’ve ever seen in the NBA, a vanilla offensive scheme, pitted teammates against one another, and just flat out stupid grasp of any sort of basketball logic. And that’s not even getting into his off court issues.

People exaggerate how bad he was for the Bucks but he was certainly at least pretty bad. A pretty bad coach with a lengthy track record off the court probably shouldn’t be the guy that gets this many chances at being a coach.

At any rate, Stotts wasn’t Portland’s issue. It’s Olshey.

Yeah I think at the end of the day, Portland's biggest issue (at least as far as it relates to them being an elite team) is you probably can't get there with Dame and CJ as your backcourt.

Dame is awesome, one of the best, and CJ is very good, but you'd probably be better off turning CJ into more of a defensive player (and yes, I know this is easier said than done)

And of course, I just looked this up, and the Blazers had a Def rating of 112 with Lillard and McCollum on the floor this season, compared to a team total of 116, so maybe not.

Alright folks. My top 10. This is impossible lol.

1. Giannis- Combination of offensive and defensive impact puts him at #1 for me. Yes the shooting still limits him, but he does enough elsewhere to take the top spot for me. A win over the Nets will be huge too.
2. Durant- Unfortunately injuries have really taken him off the court a lot the last couple of seasons but when he's playing he is truly imo the best offensive player in the game (look at the efficiency numbers), and underrated on defense.
3. Jokic- Not known for his defense, but his playmaking ability really shined this year especially with Murray out. Incredibly unique talent, and he is quite durable.
4. Curry- I certainly have some bias here, but his season this year was at least top 2 in his career. Unbelievable efficiency (seriously, it's insane) and still leading the league in scoring while clearly the focal point of defenses. Again not known for his defense, but what he does on the offensive end is worthy of a top spot.
5. James- Not the same after the ankle injury and the Davis injury messed up the entire team chemistry imo, but still doing things at his age we've all clearly taken for granted over the years. Plus he saw 3 rims and shot at the middle one for a game winner (hehe).
6. Kawhi- Like Giannis, a great two way player, who already has rings. We will see if he can lead the Clippers to round 2 after that amazing game 6 performance.
7. Embiid- Career year. Another great 2 way player. Gets dinged up a lot, but he's certainly one of the top unstoppable players when he really commits to it (i.e. not settling, and posting up).
8. Luka- Another ridiculous offensive talent. He has the ability to get his shot, but would like the %s to improve a bit. Perennial MVP candidate very soon.
9. Harden- A historically great offensive player. Having him this low is more of a personal preference for me. I also think he's not nearly as bad on d as many claim. He's been great this year on the Nets in more of a playmaking role.
10. Lillard- Certainly a lot of news around him right now with his historic 2OT performance and the coaching drama in Portland. To this point has not had any notable postseason success, but winning is tough against other elite players. Again not known for defense but probably neck and neck with Steph for the ability to win games making long unguardable shots.

1. Giannis- Combination of offensive and defensive impact puts him at #1 for me. Yes the shooting still limits him, but he does enough elsewhere to take the top spot for me. A win over the Nets will be huge too.
2. Durant- Unfortunately injuries have really taken him off the court a lot the last couple of seasons but when he's playing he is truly imo the best offensive player in the game (look at the efficiency numbers), and underrated on defense.
3. Jokic- Not known for his defense, but his playmaking ability really shined this year especially with Murray out. Incredibly unique talent, and he is quite durable.
4. Curry- I certainly have some bias here, but his season this year was at least top 2 in his career. Unbelievable efficiency (seriously, it's insane) and still leading the league in scoring while clearly the focal point of defenses. Again not known for his defense, but what he does on the offensive end is worthy of a top spot.
5. James- Not the same after the ankle injury and the Davis injury messed up the entire team chemistry imo, but still doing things at his age we've all clearly taken for granted over the years. Plus he saw 3 rims and shot at the middle one for a game winner (hehe).
6. Kawhi- Like Giannis, a great two way player, who already has rings. We will see if he can lead the Clippers to round 2 after that amazing game 6 performance.
7. Embiid- Career year. Another great 2 way player. Gets dinged up a lot, but he's certainly one of the top unstoppable players when he really commits to it (i.e. not settling, and posting up).
8. Luka- Another ridiculous offensive talent. He has the ability to get his shot, but would like the %s to improve a bit. Perennial MVP candidate very soon.
9. Harden- A historically great offensive player. Having him this low is more of a personal preference for me. I also think he's not nearly as bad on d as many claim. He's been great this year on the Nets in more of a playmaking role.
10. Lillard- Certainly a lot of news around him right now with his historic 2OT performance and the coaching drama in Portland. To this point has not had any notable postseason success, but winning is tough against other elite players. Again not known for defense but probably neck and neck with Steph for the ability to win games making long unguardable shots.
Nothing wrong with your top ten but that probably won't be the all NBA 1st and 2nd teams.

Let me break it down for you.
If Jim Boeheim does it no matter what it is then good.
If not then reverse jinx my team.
It wasn’t a reverse jinx, I was just wrong.

Leonard and George didn’t choke for a change. Now that was cool.

I am not sure exactly who I would put #1, but after the playoff struggles the last few years, I just can't have Giannis there yet. I like the argument for Durant, but he has missed a ton of time this year, so I dunno.

I think if it came right down to it and I needed to win a game tomorrow and my life depended on it, if you told me Lebron had recovered from the ankle, I am still probably taking him

I am not sure exactly who I would put #1, but after the playoff struggles the last few years, I just can't have Giannis there yet. I like the argument for Durant, but he has missed a ton of time this year, so I dunno.

I think if it came right down to it and I needed to win a game tomorrow and my life depended on it, if you told me Lebron had recovered from the ankle, I am still probably taking him
It’s amazing right? But someone has to be number 1!

It's crazy that both 1) we have maybe more amazing players in the league than ever before and 2) theres no one I feel great saying is #1
Also not to sound like a homer but I feel like Gobert gets overlooked for these things when you consider how much he impacts both ends of the floor. He's just not a flashy scorer.

Also not to sound like a homer but I feel like Gobert gets overlooked for these things when you consider how much he impacts both ends of the floor. He's just not a flashy scorer.
There was someone on the Lowe Post a week or 2 ago arguing Gobert 3rd for MVP, can't recall who the guest was.

There was someone on the Lowe Post a week or 2 ago arguing Gobert 3rd for MVP, can't recall who the guest was.

Was it Hollinger? Not sure he was on with Lowe, but he has been pimping Rudy hard

Rudy will probably be 2nd team All NBA but some analytics could argue for 1st team. He #1 in multiple catagories and top five in a bunch.

Rudy will probably be 2nd team All NBA but some analytics could argue for 1st team. He #1 in multiple catagories and top five in a bunch.
Thats not happening unless a lot of people are really loose with positioning because they are allowed to put Jokic and Embiid both 1st team but its really ridiculous to do so.

He does but he doesn’t sniff top 10 overall player imo. Doesn’t mean he isn’t overlooked.

Ehhhh idk about that. Jokic and Embiid are obviously locks for 1st and 2nd. If they both make it at C, Rudy can’t be above 3rd team.

It's crazy that both 1) we have maybe more amazing players in the league than ever before and 2) theres no one I feel great saying is #1
For sure. It really is amazing. And of the remaining teams the nets have the most talent, but it’s so up in the air.

It’s amazing right? But someone has to be number 1!
I think I’d go with Durant personally. Giannis is definitely in the discussion though. He just has to be with how elite he is on defense plus his offensive contributions. Would love to see him play like it against the Nets though lol. Even in the sweep of Miami he just doesn’t look right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom