NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 174 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I think I’d go with Durant personally. Giannis is definitely in the discussion though. He just has to be with how elite he is on defense plus his offensive contributions. Would love to see him play like it against the Nets though lol. Even in the sweep of Miami he just doesn’t look right.
Pack the paint. Easier said than done but that’s the move.

Ehhhh idk about that. Jokic and Embiid are obviously locks for 1st and 2nd. If they both make it at C, Rudy can’t be above 3rd team.

Either one or both of Jokic and Embiid are eligible at F and C, so theoretically they could both make first team, leaving second for Rudy

Either one or both of Jokic and Embiid are eligible at F and C, so theoretically they could both make first team, leaving second for Rudy
Yeah I know they’re both eligible but I don’t think that’s how the voters will do it.

I don't think there is a clear cut #1, but the way I look at it is like this:

Bron, Durant and Curry until they clearly fall off for good, are in my top five.

Bron is top three for me all time, KD is arguably the best scorer of all time and Curry is the best shooter of all time.

The other two I would put in right now are Kawhi and Luka.

Giannis right outside of those five with Harden and Jokic.

Then Embiid, AD, Dame level.

To start a team with today? Luka.

Who is the most untradeable (meaning, owner isn't even picking up the phone)? Luka.

League is stacked. None of those I listed even included Kyrie, PG13, Tatum, Brown, Book, Mitchell, Gobert, Trae, etc etc.

Hot take - if Embiid was in Utah and Gobert was in Philly Embiid would be considered the lesser player.

I don't think there is a clear cut #1, but the way I look at it is like this:

Bron, Durant and Curry until they clearly fall off for good, are in my top five.

Bron is top three for me all time, KD is arguably the best scorer of all time and Curry is the best shooter of all time.

The other two I would put in right now are Kawhi and Luka.

Giannis right outside of those five with Harden and Jokic.

Then Embiid, AD, Dame level.

To start a team with today? Luka.

Who is the most untradeable (meaning, owner isn't even picking up the phone)? Luka.

League is stacked. None of those I listed even included Kyrie, PG13, Tatum, Brown, Book, Mitchell, Gobert, Trae, etc etc.
Love it. Solid list and reasoning.

Fireball Jr. what say you?

Absolutely not
tenor.gif

And I will say it, because the move to GS and some of the off the court “burner account” stuff has taken a toll, but KD imo is historically underrated. Top 15 ever.

That Lopez play to end the half. He made it but time expired. KD fouled him. Refs reviewed it. They let the basket count and Lopez shot one free throw. Thought it would've been free throws b/c they were in the bonus. Surprised the hoop counted.

That Lopez play to end the half. He made it but time expired. KD fouled him. Refs reviewed it. They let the basket count and Lopez shot one free throw. Thought it would've been free throws b/c they were in the bonus. Surprised the hoop counted.
He got the shot off with 0.1 seconds left on the clock because it stopped once the foul occurred

Yikes. Harden plays one minute, Blake looking like 2015 and the Bucks can’t make anything.

Last edited:
Yikes. Harden plays one minute, Blake looking like 2015 and the Bucks can’t make anything.
Yeah not the best sign. Bucks can clearly shoot better (I mean obvious statement award), but if Irving, Durant, and Blake do that it won’t matter. It’s so easy to forget that just a couple years ago griffin was an all star!

Yeah not the best sign. Bucks can clearly shoot better (I mean obvious statement award), but if Irving, Durant, and Blake do that it won’t matter. It’s so easy to forget that just a couple years ago griffin was an all star!

Bud should be fired after the next game if he doesn't ride his stars more minutes.

The Teague pull up three was a serious yikes moment.

I still think this will be a long series and still think it may be the de facto Finals, especially if Embiid is really laid up.

Love it. Solid list and reasoning.

Fireball Jr. what say you?
Sorry I didn’t respond sooner, I’ve been sittin’ shiva for LeBron & the Lakers. :)

I think MikeSU02 sums it all up quite well. I’d move Harden up slightly, replace Kawhi with him, but, overall, Mike is spot on.

The league is loaded, the talent level, I think, is higher than ever. Celebrate the game, greatest show on Earth.

Last edited:
Bud should be fired after the next game if he doesn't ride his stars more minutes.

I still think this will be a long series and still think it may be the de facto Finals, especially if Embiid is really laid up.
It was definitely a disappointing game from Bud but it’s hard to make the right subs and stuff when everybody you put in plays poorly. What are you supposed to do when only 1 or 2 players aren’t abysmal? He was clearly trying to find any combination he could that would actually play well.

Middleton was trash. That’s basically the reason Milwaukee lost.

Teague was perennially underrated during his time with the Hawks. Really fell off in recent years.

It was definitely a disappointing game from Bud but it’s hard to make the right subs and stuff when everybody you put in plays poorly. What are you supposed to do when only 1 or 2 players aren’t abysmal? He was clearly trying to find any combination he could that would actually play well.

i get it, but Giannis has to play as much as KD. Bucks window is right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom