NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 175 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

i get it, but Giannis has to play as much as KD. Bucks window is right now.

I was looking at the box score at half time, Giannis played like 16-17 min and Kyrie and KD were both around 21. There can't be that much of a spread between the two in just a half. (didnt want to use the full game because it became a blowout.)

Hot take - if Embiid was in Utah and Gobert was in Philly Embiid would be considered the lesser player.

Agree that it's a hot take. Disagree with the take.

Philly, with Embiid, was 13th in offense and 2nd in defense. Rudy is a better defensive player (he's the best in the league) but Embiid is still a force on defense as well, maybe Philly is the #1 defense with Rudy (ok no maybe about it, I am pretty sure they would be. Utah was 4th, they have much worse defensive personnel around Rudy than Philly does) but Philly is an average offense with Embiid. The offense probably falls pretty far by swapping Embiid for Gobert.

Simmons should post up young every play he’s switched on him.

Harris has to be way more involved to win this series for Philly. Even without Hunter the Hawks have way more offensive playmakers.

I was looking at the box score at half time, Giannis played like 16-17 min and Kyrie and KD were both around 21. There can't be that much of a spread between the two in just a half. (didnt want to use the full game because it became a blowout.)

Agree that it's a hot take. Disagree with the take.

Philly, with Embiid, was 13th in offense and 2nd in defense. Rudy is a better defensive player (he's the best in the league) but Embiid is still a force on defense as well, maybe Philly is the #1 defense with Rudy (ok no maybe about it, I am pretty sure they would be. Utah was 4th, they have much worse defensive personnel around Rudy than Philly does) but Philly is an average offense with Embiid. The offense probably falls pretty far by swapping Embiid for Gobert.
Ah, but see, you're assuming that Philly's offense would fall apart with Gobert, and not acknowledging the possibility that Utah's offense might in fact be so good precisely because of what Gobert does for the team on that end of the floor, perhaps meaning Gobert would push Philly's offense to be even better.

But I get why people miss that, because the stuff Gobert does on offense isn't as sexy and straightforward as gettin' buckets.

Ah, but see, you're assuming that Philly's offense would fall apart with Gobert, and not acknowledging the possibility that Utah's offense might in fact be so good precisely because of what Gobert does for the team on that end of the floor, perhaps meaning Gobert would push Philly's offense to be even better.

But I get why people miss that, because the stuff Gobert does on offense isn't as s e xy and straightforward as gettin' buckets.

do think Gobert has a value on offense. I don't think its anywhere close to what Embiid has. Embiid takes about 27 shots per 100 possessions and another 22 free throws; with good efficiency and the Philly offense still isn't all that good. How are those being allocated swapping Gobert in for Embiid?

I don't think Philly has enough shooting on their roster to take advantage of what Gobert would bring them. The Sixers offense craters (10 points per 100 worse) when Embiid is off the floor. The Utah offense does worse when Rudy sits (about 120 down to 114), so I do agree he has value offensively. But I dont think he can replace the shots Embiid takes, and it's not like Philly has a ton of offensive firepower aside from Embiid.

Atlanta reminds of me honestly of those Bulls teams in the late 80’s that lost to the Pistons.
You can see this team will be really dangerous in the future.
They will have cap space and good location.

Put Karl-Anthony Towns in Atlanta they could win it all.
They are one star away from being elite.

Atlanta reminds of me honestly of those Bulls teams in the late 80’s that lost to the Pistons.
You can see this team will be really dangerous in the future.
They will have cap space and good location.

Put Karl-Anthony Towns in Atlanta they could win it all.
They are one star away from being elite.

This kinda reminds me of the ongoing Embiid/Gobert discussion I'm engaged in..

Kat is an awesome offensive player (seriously, he's a career 39% 3 point shooter!) but defensively...he is not. Capela really helps them in ways Towns wouldnt. (and granted, Towns would give them things Capela can't) but if they could make that one last piece be more of a 2 way wing contributor, I think that might help more.

Though maybe Towns would be more engaged defensively on a good team and would be closer to a Jokic type defender than he is now, in which case, yes.

Trae might as well do the Iverson step over...because they aren’t winning any more games this series if Embiid stays healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom