NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 189 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

I only saw the fourth quarter, but did Giannis cover Durant at all? Or was that PJ Tucker’s job? I ask because Giannis is on the league all-defensive team, isn’t he?
With Tucker on him, Durant just received a moving screen to take Tucker out of the play and either drove past the help or shot over them. When it was Middleton, Jrue, Pat, etc. on him, he took them 1 on 1. Had it been Giannis, he would have just been screened out of the play like Tucker was. There was nothing Milwaukee could do to stop Durant tonight and Giannis (and all the other players for that matter) were dealing with foul trouble all night. Giannis is a great defender but he’s too tall to get around screens effectively and Brooklyn was killing the much better Tucker with them all night.

Giannis is like a somewhat richer man's Ben Simmons. Incredible all-around athlete and talent, but just not someone I want with the ball in his hands at crunch time. It's like he suddenly becomes Josh Pace and can't score from more than 3 feet out.
Excellent point. It is why the people who say they would rather have him over Luka confuse me.

Excellent point. It is why the people who say they would rather have him over Luka confuse me.
Depends on who the number 2 guy is. Luka is a way better go to guy down the stretch. Giannis is a way better defender.

He’s not vaccinated?

He could be vaccinated and still tested positive, since I believe all players/staff still receive regular tests. This happened to the Yankees a few weeks ago.

I think at least some of it is projecting what Giannis would look like if he ever accepted the role that he should be playing offensively/if he played in a scheme that fit him better. As is, he's one of the best rebounders and defenders in the NBA, maybe the best transition scorer in the league, and one of the best finishers around the rim in the league. If he plays the right way, Luka just doesn't have the two-way impact to match Giannis.

Unfortunately, Giannis is continuing to make too many stupid decisions right now and hasn't really embraced his role and it's making things far more difficult than they should be.

The Clippers had put pressure on the Jazz and had them on their heels. Now the Jazz have to be looking at this like blood in the water. Completely changes the series.

Not to mention how long Paul is out could change the wcf drastically too. It's just unreal.

Donte DiVincenzo. A big loss for us but obviously pales in comparison to most of these guys. Donte was one of those guys that we just don't have a good replacement for though.

Sometimes it is losing those guys that can make all the difference.

Waiting for that * talk to start.

People wanted to say it last year(because LeBron/the Lakers won), but that was the purest playoffs we’ll ever have.

This year is looking like Survivor.

Ehh was it that way when KD and Klay got hurt 2 years ago? There have been big injuries in the playoffs going back to the 80's. Magic. Isiah. Worthy. All in different seasons.

Dirk got hurt on one of the best Mav's teams of the 2000's. Joe Johnson in 2005. Perkins in the finals in 2010. Ewing got hurt one year.

Sometimes it is losing those guys that can make all the difference.
Ultimately I think our issues are way deeper than that, but no doubt his off-ball movement, hustle plays, and defensive versatility would have helped a lot in this series (especially before Kyrie got hurt).

Really though, the Bucks just take too many stupid shots/make stupid decisions over the course of a game. They're talented enough to beat anyone, but even if they survive this series, that tendency will likely cost them moving forwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom