NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 190 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Ehh was it that way when KD and Klay got hurt 2 years ago? There have been big injuries in the playoffs going back to the 80's. Magic. Isiah. Worthy. All in different seasons.

Dirk got hurt on one of the best Mav's teams of the 2000's. Joe Johnson in 2005. Perkins in the finals in 2010. Ewing got hurt one year.
I’ve never seen anything like this year though.

It’s like every single team with a shot has had a star go down.

Ultimately I think our issues are way deeper than that, but no doubt his off-ball movement, hustle plays, and defensive versatility would have helped a lot in this series (especially before Kyrie got hurt).

Really though, the Bucks just take too many stupid shots/make stupid decisions over the course of a game. They're talented enough to beat anyone, but even if they survive this series, that tendency will likely cost them moving forwards.

Yeah no doubt. Wanting them to beat the Nets to knockout a super team, they are definitely frustrating to watch especially in terms of the decision making.

Stan Van Gundy and Scott Brooks not returning to New Orleans and Washington next season.

Ultimately I think our issues are way deeper than that, but no doubt his off-ball movement, hustle plays, and defensive versatility would have helped a lot in this series (especially before Kyrie got hurt).

Really though, the Bucks just take too many stupid shots/make stupid decisions over the course of a game. They're talented enough to beat anyone, but even if they survive this series, that tendency will likely cost them moving forwards.

Some of their possessions in the fourth quarter last night were just brutal. There was one Giannis pull up 3, one I remember him begging for the ball at the top of the 3 point line only to barrel into Green for a charge, Jrue aiballing an elbow jumper, a Jrue/Giannis PNR where KD switched onto Holiday and Holiday threw up a baseline jumper, the Giannis turnaround/fallaway on a hobbled Harden. Woof.

Stan Van Gundy and Scott Brooks not returning to New Orleans and Washington next season.
SVG era was very short.

Feels like the right move though. That team wasn't quite right.

Washington, weird case, hard to say they underperformed when they were so bad then made a big rally to get into the playoffs. Were they expected to be any good coming into the season? I don't remember.

Without knowing the details, sitting CP3 for COVID, while they’re allowing full arenas of fans seems...off.
Gotta be a player's thing, right? Like, it's different dude on the court vs fans in the stands?

I don't actually know that it's different, just seems maybe that's the perspective.

Some of their possessions in the fourth quarter last night were just brutal. There was one Giannis pull up 3, one I remember him begging for the ball at the top of the 3 point line only to barrel into Green for a charge, Jrue aiballing an elbow jumper, a Jrue/Giannis PNR where KD switched onto Holiday and Holiday threw up a baseline jumper, the Giannis turnaround/fallaway on a hobbled Harden. Woof.
That Jrue airball was such an ugly possession and yet he got a relatively open mid-range jumper out of it; the kind of shot he's hit all season. That was so bizarre.

SVG era was very short.

Feels like the right move though. That team wasn't quite right.

Washington, weird case, hard to say they underperformed when they were so bad then made a big rally to get into the playoffs. Were they expected to be any good coming into the season? I don't remember.

They finished right around where they were expected to. Most people had them as the #7 or 8 team in the East I think. I tend to think Brooks is good at coaching younger teams up, not so much with veteran-laden teams.

Gotta be a player's thing, right? Like, it's different dude on the court vs fans in the stands?

I don't actually know that it's different, just seems maybe that's the perspective.
Yeah, I mean...probably. And without knowing if he’s actually got it, or was exposed to it, is he vaccinated, does he have symptoms, etc.??

There’s a lot of info we don’t know.

Just seems on the surface to be odd.

Yeah, I mean...probably. And without knowing if he’s actually got it, or was exposed to it, is he vaccinated, does he have symptoms, etc.??

There’s a lot of info we don’t know.

Just seems on the surface to be odd.
Adding some info, CP3 officially tested positive rather than it just being exposure to someone that tested positive or something.

That Jrue airball was such an ugly possession and yet he got a relatively open mid-range jumper out of it; the kind of shot he's hit all season. That was so bizarre.

Yeah I felt bad including it; the actual shot he got was fine. he was wide open. And just a total airball. What??
Without knowing the details, sitting CP3 for COVID, while they’re allowing full arenas of fans seems...off.

For whatever its worth, I think all the arenas are making people sitting courtside have to wear masks (at least seems like the case in the two NY arenas) evem if you don't need to wear them in the other parts of the arenas. So there does seem to be different rules the closer you get to the players

But it's definitely weird. We also don't know if he tested positive, contact tracing, has been vaxxed, etc

Ugh. Awful.

Guy was playing insanely well lately too.
I guess if there’s a silver lining here, this pretty much guarantees Leonard re-signs (and Ibaka). The Clippers were finally rolling, but if people are going to view this season with an asterisk, that’s not the ideal way to win your first title.

I guess if there’s a silver lining here, this pretty much guarantees Leonard re-signs (and Ibaka). The Clippers were finally rolling, but if people are going to view this season with an asterisk, that’s not the ideal way to win your first title.

The asterisk stuff comes up way too much. No champion 10 years from now will ever be viewed that way. Even the Rockets who won 2 while Jordan was playing baseball aren’t viewed that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom