NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

LeBron is getting the Kobe thank you extension.

He has been underpaid practically his entire career. No problem with him getting paid when he likely will be overpaid.

And I'm not even convinced it will be an overpay for Lebron. (Ok, maybe the last year)

But the guy is probably going to still be an elite player for the couple years, and it's like, can you put a price on the guy? Is Anthony Davis a laker if Lebron isn't there?

And I'm not even convinced it will be an overpay for Lebron. (Ok, maybe the last year)

But the guy is probably going to still be an elite player for the couple years, and it's like, can you put a price on the guy? Is Anthony Davis a laker if Lebron isn't there?

I'm kinda surprised by the reaction to it lol. I was totally kidding with my post about it being an overpay. He's still arguably (and probably at least by a plurality of voters) the best player in the NBA right now.

I'm kinda surprised by the reaction to it lol. I was totally kidding with my post about it being an overpay. He's still arguably (and probably at least by a plurality of voters) the best player in the NBA right now.

yup, still think he's the first pick if I needed to win a game tomorrow. And I don't think its crazy to think that's gonna be the case for the next year or two? I know he will get old at some point, but he's one of the smartest players ever. He's going to adapt.

It's kind of interesting to think about this now, since he has 4 rings, and they're the favorite to win again this year. Is 6 titles in play? I wouldn't say its the most likely result, but it's not a ridiculous possibility. And I would've said it was kinda ridiculous even 12-18 months ago

The organization was floundering with the Clippers getting more and more juice in LA and then Bron signs and all of a sudden two years later they have AD, are the defending champions, and are favored to win the next one.

And as long as Bron is there and trying to add to his ring count I think the combination of him, AD, and Klutch will always have them in a great spot to bring in free agents and reload that roster.

Like you said, if you’re the Buss family it’s hard to over quantify that type of impact.

yup, still think he's the first pick if I needed to win a game tomorrow. And I don't think its crazy to think that's gonna be the case for the next year or two? I know he will get old at some point, but he's one of the smartest players ever. He's going to adapt.

It's kind of interesting to think about this now, since he has 4 rings, and they're the favorite to win again this year. Is 6 titles in play? I wouldn't say its the most likely result, but it's not a ridiculous possibility. And I would've said it was kinda ridiculous even 12-18 months ago

Kinda touched on it in my last post that replied to you but IF they win this year you have Bron at 5 rings with a couple elite, elite years left in LA with AD in his prime and the Klutch machine working in their favor.

When Durant went to GS I thought the dream of 6 for him was done but now if I had to bet and the number was 5.5 I’d probably take the over.

even aside from his on court play, as long as klutch sports remains the player it is in the player agency realm, it is probably not possible to overpay for lebron

Totally on board that it's no question you make that deal.

I think six is in play. Wouldn't bet on it, but it has to be considered in the realm of possibility.

Really crazy. If he gets to five, even, I think that makes the MJ argument over him much, much thinner.

i have it on good authority that pg13 was a much bigger chemistry issue than was kawhi

top 5 players get a lot of leeway from other players,

Not a great look for either guys in that article, but PG13 has to be available for trade, right? He's sort of the guy until they can get a better guy it seems like.

Going to be very annoying to see Kyrie go off on the Celts while Kemba rehabs his knee again.
Jeff Teague is a solid player to fill the role till Kemba comes back.

Honestly I just wanna load manage till March.

Want to see Langford and Nesmith develop.

i have it on good authority that pg13 was a much bigger chemistry issue than was kawhi

top 5 players get a lot of leeway from other players,
Yep, the article in The Athletic confirms exactly what you said.

Not a great look for either guys in that article, but PG13 has to be available for trade, right? He's sort of the guy until they can get a better guy it seems like.
Meh, preferential treatment isn’t exclusive to the Clippers, or even the NBA.

I doubt they’re trading PG. They just brought back two of his buddies (Patterson and Jackson).

Seems like they have exchanged problems only to have the same problem.
Houston downgraded big time.
Westbrook can’t shoot but he was still an all-star level player.
John Wall has been injured and if he loses explosiveness becomes even more useless.

James Harden has to be on the move now.

Houston downgraded big time.
Westbrook can’t shoot but he was still an all-star level player.
John Wall has been injured and if he loses explosiveness becomes even more useless.

James Harden has to be on the move now.

its just such an awful trade for both teams, two horrible contracts for two players that really nobody really wants. One coming off a major injury and another that is aging in dog years and can’t stay healthy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom