NBA Thread 2020-21 Season | Page 249 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2020-21 Season

Will probably require getting lucky with these guys striking out in free agency, but whispers around Milwaukee are saying the team will ideally be targeting Victor Oladipo, Kelly Olynyk, or Kelly Oubre for their taxpayer MLE (~$5 mil)

Man, didnt Oladipo turn down like 2/40 recently? Fall from grace...

Man, didnt Oladipo turn down like 2/40 recently? Fall from grace...
Yeah, I don't really see him ending up being the guy in particular. I think the Bucks and a lot of Bucks fans are kinda praying with him because he's one of the few players outside of Milwaukee that Giannis is close with and he was hyping the Bucks up all postseason on his Instagram (once Miami got eliminated obviously). Hard for me to envision a guy averaging 20/5/5 last year signing for $5 mil, but he obviously has a lengthy injury history at this point and his advanced metrics the last few years have been pretty bad.

Really just hoping the musical chairs of cap space stops and someone like him, the Kelly's, or Doug McDermott end up without a team.

One of the reasons I’m a LeBron fan, other than his freakish passing ability, is that he’s the first hoops superstar of the social media era & has been under the microscope since he was in high school 20 years ago. Most people could not handle the nonstop scrutiny and, yes, hate.

I’m amazed at what he’s accomplished on & off the court despite this. Takes a special human being, let alone jock, to not only survive, but thrive.

I now turn the mic over to Mike.

Philly bought a late 2nd round pick, which seemingly is a small step in positioning themselves for a sign-and-trade (perhaps for Lowry as has widely been reported).

Philly bought a late 2nd round pick, which seemingly is a small step in positioning themselves for a sign-and-trade (perhaps for Lowry as has widely been reported).
I hate when teams just sell picks.
It’s a terrible image for fans.

Just do the trade return be cash considerations and a conditional second round pick that only divests if it’s pick 55-60 routine.

Flat out selling picks is garbage.

If the Bucks stay at #31, the guys I'm personally hoping for (while keeping it reasonable, not acting like someone projected in the early 20s will slide even if that's a possibility) are:
  • Miles McBride - Would give us a much needed PG-defender who can also handle and shoot it some
  • Herb Jones - Would be a weird fit with Giannis, but I love his defense. Pretty good ball-handler and passer for his size and a good cutter/lob threat too. If god forbid he can learn to shoot the corner 3, he'll be a really helpful NBA player.
  • Ayo Dosunmu - Just a solid all-around guard
  • Quentin Grimes - A lot of Connaughton to his game. Rebounds extremely well for his size, a good volume shooter from 3 even if the %'s aren't always great. Should be a better defender than Pat.
  • JT Thor - He'd be my pick if we decide to go with a long-term project, but I have a hard time seeing us doing that.
I think Kessler Edwards or David Johnson would be very Bucksy picks too though they aren't my preferred choices.

It's the going rate and if that's what it takes for Philly to get Kyle Lowry, so be it.

Yeah I guess i didnt realize that was market level for a pretty late pick. Fair enough

Still hoping the Knicks can land Lowry. Or Lonzo

Yeah I guess i didnt realize that was market level for a pretty late pick. Fair enough

Still hoping the Knicks can land Lowry. Or Lonzo
I feel like you guys need a primary ball-handler and I wouldn't say Lonzo is that guy; good player though. Lowry undoubtedly is that kind of ball-handler and you could theoretically get lucky in the draft too depending on how things go tonight.

This will make the Lakers a better regular season team. As Westbrook doesn’t miss games and he will take some of the workload from LeBron.
However in the postseason this will hurt the lakers when the game becomes more half court and 3 point oriented. Which Russell Westbrook struggles in.

I don’t get Washington doing this but NBA teams are stupid.

Sign Melo to take Kuz’s spot and we’re in business!

Russ, THT, Bron, Melo, Davis death lineup! Let’s go!

The smugness Jay Bilas exudes these days has become completely insufferable.
Bilas embodies my opinion of ESPN.
I used to love ESPN but can’t watch anything but sports anymore on the network. It’s become so smug and self serving.
Bilas used to be the best college basketball analyst. He is so full of himself now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom