NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Zach resigning with the Bulls on the max wasn't a surprise, but there were some in the media over the past month saying otherwise. LaVine just posted this video on his IG...

Surprised some people thought he would go elsewhere. Where was he going to go?

Nobody had cap space for him, and I am sure Bulls didn't want to facilitate a sign and trade -- and never heard anything about Lavine being unhappy in Chicago either.

I still think the Bulls are surprise players in the Durant sweepstakes. As a Bulls fan what do you think of Durant or the package below? How would you want to tweak it - or are you totally against it?

Vucevic
White
Williams
Dosonmu
3 picks
Swaps

Vucevic is an expiring which the Nets can flip for another pick or two. Williams and Dosonmu are the type of young players the Nets can build up and keep or consolidate in a trade.

Bulls are left with a 5 man core
Durant
Derozan
Lavine
Ball
Caruso

The bench is very weak -- Drummond and Terry. Need to find a way to get another big, but Drummond did help in that regard (a bit) yesterday. But I am sure once they get Durant they will be able to fill the bench now and in buyots.

And maybe too many players that need the ball in their hands and a little against the current mold of big, tall and athletic. Perhaps try to take Williams out of the deal.

Anyway I did place a bet on the Bulls winning the ECF (28-1 I think) and the NBA title at 60-1 yesterday.

Zach resigning with the Bulls on the max wasn't a surprise, but there were some in the media over the past month saying otherwise. LaVine just posted this video on his IG...

Zach is friends with KD and I am sure isn't opposed to recruiting him. Let's make this interesting...

Bulls assets they can offer:
Ayo Dosunmu
Coby White
Patrick Williams
Dalen Terry
Vucevic (filler)
Blazers lottery protected 1st round pick
2024 Pick Swap
2026 Pick Swap
2027 1st Rd Pick (Unprotected)
2028 Pick Swap
2029 1st Rd Pick (Unprotected)
+ any other assets you want we'll send
Yeah Bulls should definitely consider taking a swing

th
Gassed off pretty consistent 2nd round playoff appearances, lol.
We’re obviously talking about present day. Right now, the best things you have going for you are an HBO series and a documentary.

Zach is friends with KD and I am sure isn't opposed to recruiting him. Let's make this interesting...

Bulls assets they can offer:
Ayo Dosunmu
Coby White
Patrick Williams
Dalen Terry
Vucevic (filler)
Blazers lottery protected 1st round pick
2024 Pick Swap
2026 Pick Swap
2027 1st Rd Pick (Unprotected)
2028 Pick Swap
2029 1st Rd Pick (Unprotected)
+ any other assets you want we'll send

I just noted that you added the bolded comment as I was typing my response to your initial post.
We are on the same page. The Bulls can certainly get something done, and still be left with good starters anyway.

I think the big issue for the Bulls if they do a trade is their lack of bigs and forward length. But to counter that they have plenty of size at the guard spots.

Last edited:
Assuming the Lakers throw all their limited trade capital in (26+28 first + Christie), what team will offer more than that-- especially if the Nets are focused on youth, prospects and expirings?

Would love for someone like Sacramento to step up with Barnes plus picks for Irving. That would be amazing -- but I don't even think Sacramento is that dumb -- maybe.

KD is not going to the Lakers. Nobody needs to worry about that. The Lakers might have just enough young assets + pick capital to go after Kyrie. But certainly nowhere close enough to get KD.
If your argument is that the Lakers can overpay for Irving, my argument is that’s another dumb move on their part.

Having said that, a slew of other teams could also overpay for Irving.

Surprised some people thought he would go elsewhere. Where was he going to go?

Nobody had cap space for him, and I am sure Bulls didn't want to facilitate a sign and trade -- and never heard anything about Lavine being unhappy in Chicago either.

I still think the Bulls are surprise players in the Durant sweepstakes. As a Bulls fan what do you think of Durant or the package below? How would you want to tweak it - or are you totally against it?

Vucevic
White
Williams
Dosonmu
3 picks
Swaps

Vucevic is an expiring which the Nets can flip for another pick or two. Williams and Dosonmu are the type of young players the Nets can build up and keep or consolidate in a trade.

Bulls are left with a 5 man core
Durant
Derozan
Lavine
Ball
Caruso

The bench is very weak -- Drummond and Terry. Need to find a way to get another big, but Drummond did help in that regard (a bit) yesterday. But I am sure once they get Durant they will be able to fill the bench now and in buyots.

And maybe too many players that need the ball in their hands and a little against the current mold of big, tall and athletic. Perhaps try to take Williams out of the deal.

Anyway I did place a bet on the Bulls winning the ECF (28-1 I think) and the NBA title at 60-1 yesterday.
I think if you give up the 3 kids, 3 picks AND Vuc that you are able to bring back Curry or another rotation piece. Nothing big but the 3 kids and 3 picks is plenty for Durant without adding in Vuc though to make the salaries work, adding in Vuc and Javonte Green for Curry just clears the bar salary rules wise.

I just noted that you added the bolded comment as I was typing my response to your initial post.
We are on the same page. The Bulls can certainly get something done, and still be left with good starters anyway.

I think the big issue for the Bulls if they do a trade is their lack of bigs and forward length. But to counter that they have plenty of size at the guard spots.
As a Bulls fan, I would trade any combination of the players I highlighted above to aquire KD for a few years. If possible, I'd try to keep Pat Williams out of the deal... but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. This offseason a defensive backup big was a need. They addressed that with Drummond, but if they could definitely use more (especially in this KD trade scenario). And I agree with you.. if KD were traded to the Bulls... they'd find some vets/buyouts willing to come (and probably on a discount).

I forget at least once a week that the Lakers won it all 2 years ago. Feels like it never happened given the mess now, but at the same time it makes it hard to criticize the focus they had on AD and Lebron given that it has already paid dividends.

Sure they do.

Kd is locked up for 4 years. The Nets can take the best offer and ship him to Minnesota if that’s the best for them. The Lakers have a garbage roster and garbage draft picks. They should manage their team better.

So I kinda agree and I don't. He is locked up for 4 years, but he's also locked up for 4 years right now and he's asking for a trade. Why wouldn't he do the same thing if he got traded to a team he didnt want to play for? He's on a team he doesnt want to play for right now and hes asking for one!

Red Velvet is on his way to Sactown...

Woj also said...
Kings wanted to get better and more versatile on the wings and do that with Huerter and free agent Malik Monk. Both will play next season at 24 years old and fit into the age timeline with Domantas Sabonis and De'Aaron Fox.

Red Velvet is on his way to Sactown...

Woj also said...
Kings wanted to get better and more versatile on the wings and do that with Huerter and free agent Malik Monk. Both will play next season at 24 years old and fit into the age timeline with Domantas Sabonis and De'Aaron Fox.
Keegan Murray as well. They're going to have to win games 130-125 though.

Now that Boston has Brogdan...saw it thrown out there.

Smart and Brown for Durant?

When these trade discussions like this are had I am reminded how ridiculously complex the NBA trade rules are - hard caps, not trading for a player if you already have a max extension.

Got me thinking -- Ben Simmons and the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- In case Nets want to totally rebuild or want another max extension player like Ayton.

There is a natural structure that works for Simmons and the Cavs due to Kevin Love's expiring cap filler.

1) If you are the Cavs do you trade for Simmons? He would be a scary fit to their long defence already.
2) Beyond Love, how many draft picks do you add?

MB, Tatum, Durant, Horford, Williams would be fun

Celtics are taking the East again.

EDIT - while posting the info below I did not see the Celts had traded for Brogdon. Nice deal for them. Would have thought the Pacers could have got more than a mid 20's pick and Nesmith, but I guess some in the league must question Brogdon;s worth if that is the best haul out there

-------------------

Way too early to make that call. The Celtics will certainly be one of, if not the favourite, but...

Bucks are going to hang around for a while still.

As of now, James Harden is doing the right thing to help the Sixers win -- going to the gym rather than the ballet. He was never in shape all of last year. They have helped their bench as well. Sixers are going to be better than last year I think.

And of course if Durant ends up on the Heat, Bulls or Raptors they are right up there as well.

And if the Cavs get a revived Ben Simmons.

Lots of potential moving parts in the East.

Last edited:

As a starting framework sure, but you are going to need to add some draft capital.

If I was Boston, already being a finals level team, I would generally run with the young-ish core that I currently have, and make tweaks like they did with Brodgon. Retain the draft capital to make further moves as you go.

But I don't know - seems like Celts fan have an on/off thing with Jaylen Brown at times.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom