NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Kd isn’t going to the Lakers. Bron stans and Laker fans need to realize nobody wants to help them.
I don’t think KD is going to LA. My point is the Nets can’t just ship him to Minnesota. No one is trading the farm for a disgruntled KD who doesn’t want to be at his new home. It will be a mutually agreed upon destination.

It won’t be the best package the Nets can get. It will be the best package KD permits them to get. AD did the same thing.

I don’t think KD is going to LA. My point is the Nets can’t just ship him to Minnesota. No one is trading the farm for a disgruntled KD who doesn’t want to be at his new home. It will be a mutually agreed upon destination.

It won’t be the best package the Nets can get. It will be the best package KD permits them to get. AD did the same thing.

AD only had 1 year on his contract and was telling teams like Boston that he wasn’t going to resign after that year. Now could KD a just tell teams that he would retire as opposed to playing out the 4 years? I guess but I think he loves playing too much to do that. I do see your point though, KD a isn’t going anywhere he doesn’t want to go.

the Pels gotta a pretty good deal for AD though. I don’t think many pelicans fans are complaining at this point.

I love KD but he's 33 with a lot of games on those pegs, a rebuilt achilles tendon, and a contract that is going to pay him 50 million in his 36 and 37 years of age. He loves to hoop, and other than his thin skin, seems like a low maintenance guy, but if you bring him on you gotta be close to the ring, and have a long term plan how his deal is going to look in its final years. Not all these guys are age defying like LeBron.

Kyrie will end up on the Lakers and be very good. AD stays healthy and LBJ ----- they won't be an easy out. Or its a disaster, AD and Kyrie do their injury/ odd ball routine and LBJ starts the blame game...either way fun season for Lakers fans.

I love KD but he's 33 with a lot of games on those pegs, a rebuilt achilles tendon, and a contract that is going to pay him 50 million in his 36 and 37 years of age. He loves to hoop, and other than his thin skin, seems like a low maintenance guy, but if you bring him on you gotta be close to the ring, and have a long term plan how his deal is going to look in its final years. Not all these guys are age defying like LeBron.

Kyrie will end up on the Lakers and be very good. AD stays healthy and LBJ ----- they won't be an easy out. Or its a disaster, AD and Kyrie do their injury/ odd ball routine and LBJ starts the blame game...either way fun season for Lakers fans.
Lakers went from +2200 to win to +1000 on Caesars last night.

I don’t see how they are better than the 4th best team in the Pacific Division if the Clippers are back at full strength.

I don’t see how they are better than the 4th best team in the Pacific Division if the Clippers are back at full strength.
I don't see how they are turning Russ into Kyrie. Would take some kind of sorcery considering they don't have jackshit to add to Russ to dump his deal let alone get a better, cheaper player back. Even if that player is a weirdo. One is a huge negative on the court and the other is still All-NBA caliber still now that the covid protocols are done.

Yesterday, I kept seeing that Embiid wanted Sixers to exhaust all resources for a KD trade. Maybe something like Harris, Maxey/Thybulle, and picks. I don't think the Sixers would part with Maxey though. I also know KD is a minority (maybe 10%) owner of the Philadelphia Union. Could be something there with Philly...

Suns aren't parting with Booker (& KD wants to play with him), so their best offer would be something like Ayton, Bridges, and others/picks. This could work with a sign and trade with Ayton.

Heat are another potential team as KD also wants to play with Butler. If the Heat include Bam in a package they could get something done. Not sure they'd do that though. That means they'd have to offer something with Lowry, Robinson, and/or Hero, etc... and I doubt that gets the Nets interest.

I wonder if the Blazers would flip newly acquired Grant (and add other pieces) for KD. Dame and KD would be a fun pairing imo.
According to ESPN, the Nets can’t take Ayton or Adebayo in return. Not unless they trade Simmons. The CBA doesn’t allow teams to trade for more than one player on a rookie max extension.

According to ESPN, the Nets can’t take Ayton or Adebayo in return. Not unless they trade Simmons. The CBA doesn’t allow teams to trade for more than one player on a rookie max extension.
Interesting.

IMO, this whole situation right now with the Nets is a bigger problem than Beal’s extension, Brunson’s contract, or Wall getting bought out. First of all, Durant and Irving have too much power. They committed to Brooklyn, Brooklyn bent over backwards for them, and they’re already giving up. Maybe the Nets get fair value in return, more likely they get screwed on at least one of the trades. Then you have the Lakers, who don’t have the assets to acquire Durant or Irving. They’ll need help from the league to get a deal done. Why should they, though? The Lakers are one of the most poorly run organizations in the league. They’ve spent the last two years making one bad deal after another, letting their best role players walk, and throwing their former head coach under the bus. All they have at this point is brand recognition, both their own and LBJ’s.

Durant, Irving, and the Lakers do not deserve a bailout. If the league gets involved at all, it should be to help the Nets.

IMO, this whole situation right now with the Nets is a bigger problem than Beal’s extension, Brunson’s contract, or Wall getting bought out. First of all, Durant and Irving have too much power. They committed to Brooklyn, Brooklyn bent over backwards for them, and they’re already giving up. Maybe the Nets get fair value in return, more likely they get screwed on at least one of the trades. Then you have the Lakers, who don’t have the assets to acquire Durant or Irving. They’ll need help from the league to get a deal done. Why should they, though? The Lakers are one of the most poorly run organizations in the league. They’ve spent the last two years making one bad deal after another, letting their best role players walk, and throwing their former head coach under the bus. All they have at this point is brand recognition, both their own and LBJ’s.

Durant, Irving, and the Lakers do not deserve a bailout. If the league gets involved at all, it should be to help the Nets.
As a disenfranchised salty Knicks fan I couldn’t agree more.

I believe that is true for Bam but with Ayton they can play around with the new contract, also has to be finessed in a way because their deals are effected by the base year compensation crap.

I just don't believe he's going to be able to get to LA unless they really decide to empty the rest of their crappy assets. Would have to attach THT, Max Christie and an unprotected 26 or 27 1st which is pretty valuable considering it will be post Lebron/AD era.

I just don't believe he's going to be able to get to LA unless they really decide to empty the rest of their crappy assets. Would have to attach THT, Max Christie and an unprotected 26 or 27 1st which is pretty valuable considering it will be post Lebron/AD era.
Yeah, there’s no way the Lakers should be able to get a deal done for either player. Most of the teams in the league have more to offer.

Yeah, there’s no way the Lakers should be able to get a deal done for either player. Most of the teams in the league have more to offer.
If the Lakers we’re playing by the same rules as everyone else it would make sense for them to trade Lebron and AD. That’s realistically the only way they get out of their shtty roster.

It’s not even the best franchise in California anymore. If I wanted to play in California I’d play for the Warriors. Better owners. Better management. Better city.

If the Lakers we’re playing by the same rules as everyone else it would make sense for them to trade Lebron and AD. That’s realistically the only way they get out of their shtty roster.

It’s not even the best franchise in California anymore. If I wanted to play in California I’d play for the Warriors. Better owners. Better management. Better city.
They’re not the second best franchise in California either.

I think a lot of it will depend on what they get for Durant. If Brooklyn can use Durant to get a group of high level young players and picks then Westbrook can add some value by basically wiping $47M off their books next summer and give them some dry powder in free agency. Young high level core type players from Durant, cap space from Kyrie and picks from both are good building blocks for a rebuild.

I saw a couple places it might be Kyrie and Harris for Westbrook, THT and picks. Clears Brooklyns books up a good deal after this year and gives them some assets for the rebuild.

It’s been widely reported that not many people want to deal with Kyrie so not sure what type of other offers they’ll be getting which plays a big role as well.

th
Gassed off pretty consistent 2nd round playoff appearances, lol.

As I said above a 26 first, 28 first + Christie + Crap Expiring Filler is not a bad offfer for Kyrie if the Lakers decide to go all in with their best offer (actually didn't include Christie in my first post). Stating that 26 or 28 unprotected picks have little value as was claimed above by another poster is nonsense. I don't foresee teams offering a bunch for Kyrie if that is not where he wants to go -- too much risk.

I'm not cheering for Kyrie or the Lakers here. Dislike both, particularly Kyrie and would like to see him pushed elsewhere. But some of the butt hurt from large market fans of other teams, who have inherent large advantages in free agency , buy-out markets and forced trades themselves is quite rich in my view.

Last edited:
I think a lot of it will depend on what they get for Durant. If Brooklyn can use Durant to get a group of high level young players and picks then Westbrook can add some value by basically wiping $47M off their books next summer and give them some dry powder in free agency. Young high level core type players from Durant, cap space from Kyrie and picks from both are good building blocks for a rebuild.

I saw a couple places it might be Kyrie and Harris for Westbrook, THT and picks. Clears Brooklyns books up a good deal after this year and gives them some assets for the rebuild.

It’s been widely reported that not many people want to deal with Kyrie so not sure what type of other offers they’ll be getting which plays a big role as well.

For the Nets it will be a rinse and repeat process that all large markets have the advantage of doing from time to time when things bottom out. Clear every one out focusing on expirings within a year or two, get a few young assets and picks in the process, get cap space as quick as you can, regroup in FA, trade young assets + picks for veterans to add to FA acquisitions.

It burnt them this cycle but by 2026 or 2027 they will probably have worked something good again (and it may work or blow up - for the Nets these things seem to blow up historically)

Assuming the Lakers throw all their limited trade capital in (26+28 first + Christie), what team will offer more than that for Irving -- especially if the Nets are focused on youth, prospects and expirings?

Would love for someone like Sacramento to step up with Barnes plus picks for Irving. That would be amazing -- but I don't even think Sacramento is that dumb -- maybe.

KD is not going to the Lakers. Nobody needs to worry about that. The Lakers might have just enough young assets + pick capital to go after Kyrie. But certainly nowhere close enough to get KD.

Last edited:
Zach resigning with the Bulls on the max wasn't a surprise, but there were some in the media over the past month saying otherwise. LaVine just posted this video on his IG...

Zach is friends with KD and I am sure isn't opposed to recruiting him. Let's make this interesting...

Bulls assets they can offer:
Ayo Dosunmu
Coby White
Patrick Williams
Dalen Terry
Vucevic (filler)
Blazers lottery protected 1st round pick
2024 Pick Swap
2026 Pick Swap
2027 1st Rd Pick (Unprotected)
2028 Pick Swap
2029 1st Rd Pick (Unprotected)