NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Very mixed feelings in Jazz Nation.

Rudy was loved.

But Danny Ainge got Kessler and 4 other 1st rounders in the haul, including unprotected picks. I think Jazz fans are underrating Vanderbilt in the deal. And they snagged another 1st rounder for Royce O'Neale yesterday.

Feeling seems to be might as well ship out Mitchell for assets too, go full tank, and rebuild.

Jazz have other guys that could have some trade value too. Conley, Bojan Bogdanovic on an expiring. Clarkson could help a contender as a bench scorer...

Hopefully if the team is crap ticket prices get a little friendlier so I can take my son to more games.

Utah summer league next week just got more fun if they can fit Kessler in.

Beasley and Vanderbilt are pretty solid assets and young. Don't know much on the foreign kid or what Kessler can do at this level but add in the 4 first rounders unprotected and this looks like robbery to me.

Beverley is whatever. Good defender who fouls a lot and energy guy.

Another thing to note is that Gobert has been reasonably healthy over his career save for 17-18 and some minor stuff losing some games over the past few years. At 30 and his size you do start to see those things pickup more so I can see a guy going into his 10th season running into issues ( hopefully not for his sake).

Anyways per other posts will be interesting what happens now...

Last edited:
I think actually you could keep Barrett now, Jazz might be more interested in Randle and getting off Randle's contract when the time comes. Jazz might be tearing down to the studs. Woj is saying the plan is to build around Mitchell, but... Mitchell's people talk directly to Woj.

I think this only makes sense for the Jazz if they go full rebuild.
If they trade away Mitchell, will they be bad enough for the #1 pick (Vic)? This coming draft is the one to do it (even beyond the #1 pick). Many say it is like the 2003 draft in terms of how good it will be.

Think the Heat are out if KD's stance holds...
"Durant, it seems, would only want to play on a Heat team that includes Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Kyle Lowry."

Vuc is a funny guy...
Many on Bulls Twitter were trying to make a Vuc and others for Gobert trade happen.

If they trade away Mitchell, will they be bad enough for the #1 pick (Vic)? This coming draft is the one to do it (even beyond the #1 pick). Many say it is like the 2003 draft in terms of how good it will be.
I mean... if they trade away enough, yeah, I think they could have a shot.

They are off to a great start. I think I counted 6 1st round picks since yesterday... plus Kessler and some other assets.
"Experts" call it a great trade for Utah. TBD for the fans.

Davis averaged 28 and 10 in the playoffs for a champion at age 26. Also hit the biggest shot of the playoffs, a buzzer beating 3 against Denver.

At age 26, KG had lost 7 straight playoff series’s. 0-7.

Davis’s story is still being written.
To be fair at that age Davis had left Nola to play with Lebron in LA.

KG stuck with Minnesota far longer than anyone these days would.

1656724943752.png

How’d that work out for you, Pat?

Bulls have Derrick Jones Jr. coming back now (instead of him signing with the Lakers). They used his early bird rights to re-sign him, so they still have the rest of the $7m MLE to use plus the $5m TPE (if they opt to use it).

Edit: Who am I kidding though.. Reinsdorf is cheap and likely won't go into the tax. In the last 20 years, he has only gone into the luxury tax once (and it wasn't by much).

Chicago is the 3rd largest market, and I believe the Bulls are top 3 in attendance. Jerry loves his White Sox more, but he is a "cheap" billionaire nonetheless.

Beasley and Vanderbilt are pretty solid assets and young. Don't know much on the foreign kid or what Kessler can do at this level but add in the 4 first rounders unprotected and this looks like robbery to me.

Beverley is whatever. Good defender who fouls a lot and energy guy.

Another thing to note is that Gobert has been reasonably healthy over his career save for 17-18 and some minor stuff losing some games over the past few years. At 30 and his size you do start to see those things pickup more so I can see a guy going into his 10th season running into issues ( hopefully not for his sake).

Anyways per other posts will be interesting what happens now...
Very mixed feelings in Jazz Nation.

Rudy was loved.

But Danny Ainge got Kessler and 4 other 1st rounders in the haul, including unprotected picks. I think Jazz fans are underrating Vanderbilt in the deal. And they snagged another 1st rounder for Royce O'Neale yesterday.

Feeling seems to be might as well ship out Mitchell for assets too, go full tank, and rebuild.

Jazz have other guys that could have some trade value too. Conley, Bojan Bogdanovic on an expiring. Clarkson could help a contender as a bench scorer...

Hopefully if the team is crap ticket prices get a little friendlier so I can take my son to more games.

Utah summer league next week just got more fun if they can fit Kessler in.
Mixed feelings ? How many playoff series have the jazz been in where they had to basically put gobert on the bench because the opposition went small ? I recall a couple rockets series where he was useless and Clint capela ate his lunch .. FOUR firsts + additional assets ? They robbed the wolves . Come playoff time again, Rudy will be unplayable for series at a time

Mixed feelings ? How many playoff series have the jazz been in where they had to basically put gobert on the bench because the opposition went small ? I recall a couple rockets series where he was useless and Clint capela ate his lunch .. FOUR firsts + additional assets ? They robbed the wolves . Come playoff time again, Rudy will be unplayable for series at a time
You're being way too dismissive of what Gobert means to the Jazz, therefore, your hoe ass opinion can suck it (OT forum joke, I think you're on there but just in case you hadn't seen it yet I figured I'd mention it).

The franchise pulled off a draft day trade to snag this oddity, and he really wasn't ready to be in the NBA, but it was clear right away that the dude gave a shiz and busted his tail.

The Jazz turnaround really happened when they dumped Kanter and put Gobert in as the starting center. He never looked back and just kept getting better.

The national narrative is that Gobert gets played off the floor in the playoffs. That's fine, whatever. The local fans know that the team can't defend for anything and it all hinges on him erasing everyone's mistakes, and that gets exposed in the playoffs. Gobert was a Jazzman through and through.

Jazz fans recognize that this loaded up assets for the future. But they're not happy knowing he's still competing in the west and he's not on the team anymore.

Betting odds right now on who Durant is most likely to get traded to.

#1. Phoenix
#2. Toronto

Reminds of the summer of 2018, when out of the blue the Raptors became betting favourites for Kawhi and the trade actually happened.

Zach Lowe has been pushing Toronto as the real sleeper, and now Woj is bringing it up.

Feelings in Toronto are mixed because some don't want to give up ROY Scottie Barnes in a package, but I think you have to do it for the 2/3 year window as a top contender

Package could be something like
Scottie Barnes
Gary Trent or OG Anunoby
Cap Filler (Birch, Young)
Multiple Picks

Last edited:
Betting odds right now on who Durant is most likely to get traded to.

#1. Phoenix
#2. Toronto

Reminds of the summer of 2018, when out of the blue the Raptors became betting favourites for Kawhi and the trade actually happened.

Zach Lowe has been pushing Toronto as the real sleeper, and now Woj is bringing it up.

Feelings in Toronto are mixed because some don't want to give up ROY Scottie Barnes in a package, but I think you have to do it for the 2/3 year window as a top contender

Package could be something like
Scottie Barnes
Gary Trent or OG Anunoby
Cap Filler (Birch, Young)
Multiple Picks

Ujiri has already been on both sides of big trades with superstars too...

He was with the Nuggets when they dealt Melo (for Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors’ 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors’ 2013 second-round pick, and $3 million in cash).

Then he was with the Raptors they traded (DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl, and 2019 first-round pick) for Kawhi with only a year left on his contract (& Danny Green).

I agree. If you can get KD for Barnes (along with players & picks), you do it.

I like Vic but I’m very skeptical of this draft in general. The other can’t miss prospect is a PG that just shot like 17% from 3 last year and might only be like 6’1”.

Vic is another guy that was incredible at a super young age but he has to make a leap this upcoming season to be a guy I’d want to take #1. It’s easy to point to him dominating Chet head to head when he was two years younger than him, but he “only” (still impressive given his age) averaged like 9/5 this year on poor efficiency.

Awesome pickups at low cost for the Celtics so far. If they can figure out the rotation they’re gonna be a lot better than they were this past season.

Curious to see if we get Bill Simmons’ patented “I think they might have too many good players” argument that he’s made for so many other teams in the past that he believes is will underachieve.

Ujiri has already been on both sides of big trades with superstars too...

He was with the Nuggets when they dealt Melo (for Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors’ 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors’ 2013 second-round pick, and $3 million in cash).

Then he was with the Raptors they traded (DeMar DeRozan, Jakob Poeltl, and 2019 first-round pick) for Kawhi with only a year left on his contract (& Danny Green).

I agree. If you can get KD for Barnes (along with players & picks), you do it.

Only thing though is that if Barnes and another starter (for cap purposes) is offered the Nets should not expect a massive draft pick haul either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom