NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Celtics are taking the East again.

The Raptors just signed Otto Porter.
Welcome to second place Boston.

In all seriousness, I am fine with Porter signing (as he can shoot) although I would preferred a guard instead as we lack depth in that are. Wasn't much the Raptors could do this offseason, but overall they did they achieved their objectives (use the MLE effectively, retain Boucher and Young with bird rights). Boucher was a risk to leave because he was apparently getting full or near full MLE offers from a few teams. Raptors paid him 3/35 basically matching those offers.

Raptors bench will still be long:, with no real centres and no traditional guard depth which runs between working well and being frustrating.. They are going to run a lot of 4 forward line and even 5 forward line-ups at times.
- Achiuwa 6-9 F/C
- Boucher 6-9 F/C
- Young 6-8 F
- Porter 6-8 F
- Banton 6-11 PG or something.

Still a middle of the pack lineup in the East #4-#7), could get home court in first round if everything goes right and something goes wrong wits a top contender.

Last edited:
Putting games to actually be played, does AD and Westbrook for KD and Kyrie work numbers wise. (Would need lots of picks from LA I would guess.)

Bulls have Derrick Jones Jr. coming back now (instead of him signing with the Lakers). They used his early bird rights to re-sign him, so they still have the rest of the $7m MLE to use plus the $5m TPE (if they opt to use it).

Who am I kidding though.. Reinsdorf is cheap and likely won't go into the tax. In the last 20 years, he has only gone into the luxury tax once (and it wasn't by much).

Edit: I thought the Lakers signed DJJ. They signed Troy Brown Jr. I must have misread and got my former Bulls Juniors mixed up.

Last edited:
Plot twist: AD stays healthy and reminds everyone he’s a top 5 player next year, Russ finds his role in year 2 and with a new coach, LeBron has one last great season and the young legs at the wings spots they added this offseason pay dividends defensively, and we’re back in contention!

Latest from Nets...
They want a young star and at least three 1sts for KD.
They will not accommodate Kyrie's trade request/preferences. It doesn't mean that they won't trade him in part to help facilitate KD trade (also doesn’t mean they go to the same team).

Putting games to actually be played, does AD and Westbrook for KD and Kyrie work numbers wise. (Would need lots of picks from LA I would guess.)
Yes but LA doesn't really have picks or anything to give. The 1st ones they can deal are 2027 and 2029.

Yes, I heard a few people discuss that as a structure that works (with a few cap tweaks). The Lakers would need to add value -- most they can add I think is 26 first, 28 first, 27 swap, THT, Christie. Nets would then flip AD for further young assets.

I am fairly certain the Nets can do better than that, but its probably in their back pocket as a fallback.

Although the notion of GM-Lebron flipping out 2 stars for another 2, is both absurd, frustrating and hilarious at the same time.

I was listening to the Zach Lowe podcast and I think he said it was so absurd that if it happened he would quit covering basketball for a while.

Yeah, I rip on KAT, but he, Edwards and Gobert is a really solid trio.
If Russell could get a different brain put into his head they would be really good. One of the 5 dumbest players in the league to me. Probably dumb enough to screw this team up Westbrook style.

Go Bert to TWOLVES for picks including Kessler

I still think they are stuck as long as they have russell

Wouldn't Russell have to be moving to Utah to make it work under the Cap.

If they have somehow keep Russell (with Towns, Gobert, Edwards) I see no problem with it. He is quite good as a 4th option and his contact (even if overpaid) ends this year --- does not hurt the Wolves at all still having him.

If Russell could get a different brain put into his head they would be really good. One of the 5 dumbest players in the league to me. Probably dumb enough to screw this team up Westbrook style.

He's an expiring player and not part of the critical core at this point.

I think the T-Wolves should be able to manage the situation. If he doesn't want to behave as a 4th piece starter, he can look for a job elsewhere next year. Obviously they would prefer that he becomes a co-operative complimentary piece.

Very mixed feelings in Jazz Nation.

Rudy was loved.

But Danny Ainge got Kessler and 4 other 1st rounders in the haul, including unprotected picks. I think Jazz fans are underrating Vanderbilt in the deal. And they snagged another 1st rounder for Royce O'Neale yesterday.

Feeling seems to be might as well ship out Mitchell for assets too, go full tank, and rebuild.

Jazz have other guys that could have some trade value too. Conley, Bojan Bogdanovic on an expiring. Clarkson could help a contender as a bench scorer...

Hopefully if the team is crap ticket prices get a little friendlier so I can take my son to more games.

Utah summer league next week just got more fun if they can fit Kessler in.

Towns not really wanting to or not always buying in to the defensive (or even offensive) nuances of being a center will now be resolved.

Should make Towns a much better player as well.

Barrett, Quickley, Toppin and 2 1sts for Mitchell now?

Man. That’s a lot. I like Mitchell, but not sure he’s worth that. Unless the Knicks are sold on Cam Reddish really popping in the coming years?

I think actually you could keep Barrett now, Jazz might be more interested in Randle and getting off Randle's contract when the time comes. Jazz might be tearing down to the studs. Woj is saying the plan is to build around Mitchell, but... Mitchell's people talk directly to Woj.

I think this only makes sense for the Jazz if they go full rebuild.

I think actually you could keep Barrett now, Jazz might be more interested in Randle and getting off Randle's contract when the time comes. Jazz might be tearing down to the studs. Woj is saying the plan is to build around Mitchell, but... Mitchell's people talk directly to Woj.

I think this only makes sense for the Jazz if they go full rebuild.
3 dudes that are 23 and under. Thats pretty much full rebuild type stuff.

Man. That’s a lot. I like Mitchell, but not sure he’s worth that. Unless the Knicks are sold on Cam Reddish really popping in the coming years?
Brunson and Mitchell as 2 6'1 dudes in the backcourt would get abused too

Plot twist: AD stays healthy and reminds everyone he’s a top 5 player next year, Russ finds his role in year 2 and with a new coach, LeBron has one last great season and the young legs at the wings spots they added this offseason pay dividends defensively, and we’re back in contention!
Truth!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom