NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Ingles could help them if hes not washed post injury.

I think he might be burnt, but given that it a 1 year deal it was worth the risk for Milwaukee.
Nice deal

Apparently Kyrie still pushing hard for a trade to the Lakers.

Trade checker says Kyrie for THT, Nunn, Johnson, Reaves works. Add a pick or two (Lakers 2027?) to make it work. I have no clue how it works -- I assume the trade machine had a malfunction

Would have liked him on the Raptors via the MLE, but I suspect a number of teams made offers for him.

Good signing for the Knicks. Don't know the exact "why's" but the Clippers were only able to offer about $5m per the CBA and had to use the MLE (which they used on Wall), so it was a certainty that he was going to leave.

Are they resigning Mitchell Robinson still?

Apparently Kyrie still pushing hard for a trade to the Lakers.

Trade checker says Kyrie for THT, Nunn, Johnson, Reaves works. Add a pick or two (Lakers 2027?) to make it work. I have no clue how it works -- I assume the trade machine had a malfunction

If the Nets take that deal then they have the malfunction.

If the Nets take that deal then they have the malfunction.

The Lakers apparently have all their picks after 2026 available to trade (based on a website I saw - not sure if accurate) If the Lakers offered their 2026 and 2028 first round picks + useless cap filler, I think the Nets would probably take it.

Who knows what the Lakers will have in 2026 and 2028 but there is a chance its not that pretty. Most of their current team will be on pensions by that point.

The Lakers apparently have all their picks after 2026 available to trade (based on a website I saw - not sure if accurate) If the Lakers offered their 2026 and 2028 first round picks + useless cap filler, I think the Nets would probably take it.

Who knows what the Lakers will have in 2026 and 2028 but there is a chance its not that pretty. Most of their current team will be on pensions by that point.
Who cares about picks 4 years from now? Good god the Nets should not help the Lakers for that package.

Who cares about picks 4 years from now? Good god the Nets should not help the Lakers for that package.
The Nets have no power. Irving and KD will go where they want to go.

The Nets have no power. Irving and KD will go where they want to go.
Sure they do.

Kd is locked up for 4 years. The Nets can take the best offer and ship him to Minnesota if that’s the best for them. The Lakers have a garbage roster and garbage draft picks. They should manage their team better.

Sure they do.

Kd is locked up for 4 years. The Nets can take the best offer and ship him to Minnesota if that’s the best for them. The Lakers have a garbage roster and garbage draft picks. They should manage their team better.
No they can’t

KD shouldn’t have signed a long term deal then. The Nets can take the best offer available to them. What‘s he going to do? Retire?
I hear you. But that’s not how the NBA works. KD will get what he wants. So will Kyrie. Nets will be looking to ‘28

Happy to do AD for KD.

I hear you. But that’s not how the NBA works. KD will get what he wants. So will Kyrie. Nets will be looking to ‘28

Happy to do AD for KD.
Kd isn’t going to the Lakers. Bron stans and Laker fans need to realize nobody wants to help them.

Would’ve liked to have seen the Lakers hold onto Monk, but they couldn’t pay him. The Kings (née Rochester Royals :)) can.

Wonder if the Lakers will keep Melo. I’m thinking no.

Sure they do.

Probably has a no trade clause ( went on line and at least one story says he doesn't, which is crazy.)

Sure they do.

The Nets have control over the KD situation with plenty of suiters due to his 4 year contract term, and will get a really good offer for him. As he is seen as more professional than Kyrie, I think half the teams in the league probably feel they can make it work. Lakers have zero chance for KD.

I have also seen that Durant likes the Suns and Clippers the most. Clippers also have close to zero chance as well due to a lack of future draft picks, no really valuable young players, and they are not moving George or Leonard. A lot of good support pieces on the Clippers, but they don't really add up to a compelling offer without great futures.

As Kyrie is an expiring contract, who is a loose cannon I'm not sure if they can find much out there beyond that Lakers package with late picks, but maybe I am reading his value wrong. Not sure if you are going to great offers for him.

Last edited:
Probably has a no trade clause ( went on line and at least one story says he doesn't, which is crazy.)

As far as I am aware no-trade clauses are largely non existent and not permitted in most NBA contracts. I searched it the other day as well.

If I read correctly there are some specific contracts that can have or automatically have no trade clauses (something to do with term and size of contract, and it was one year contracts IIRC), but they are not that large in scope.

Would’ve liked to have seen the Lakers hold onto Monk, but they couldn’t pay him. The Kings (née Rochester Royals :)) can.

Wonder if the Lakers will keep Melo. I’m thinking no.

Last edited:

1. I don't think its correct to suggest that teams see more value in near term picks from contending teams.

Teams value the less predictable unprotected pick in 2026 much more highly than a pick in 2023 that will end up in the mid-late 20's.

When teams trade their stars for multiple picks they see much more value in the back ended unprotected picks than the front end picks..

2. The Nets don't care who they help. Their priority is to get as much return as possible for Kyrie, whether its the Lakers or not. Obviously if somebody offers more than the Lakers do, they gladly tell Kyrie to get the F out of here and you are going to that other team.

I'm just not that convinced that others will offer much more than a pu-pu platter plus picks for Kyrie as they can't trust him. His crazy factor acts as leverage for him, to get better offers from teams he wants to go to.

I could be reading his value entirely wrong of course.

Last edited:
Apparently Royce O'Neale was traded to the Nets today for what is likely the 2023 Philly first round pick (likely mid 20's). I have zero clue why the Nets would have done that move.

Not sure if it was discussed earlier, but I did not see it.

Apparently Royce O'Neale was traded to the Nets today for what is likely the 2023 Philly first round pick (likely mid 20's). I have zero clue why the Nets would have done that move.

Not sure if it was discussed earlier, but I did not see it.
Watch it become part of a bigger trade sending Royce and Donovan to the Nets so the Jazz snag KD.

Yesterday, I kept seeing that Embiid wanted Sixers to exhaust all resources for a KD trade. Maybe something like Harris, Maxey/Thybulle, and picks. I don't think the Sixers would part with Maxey though. I also know KD is a minority (maybe 10%) owner of the Philadelphia Union. Could be something there with Philly...

Suns aren't parting with Booker (& KD wants to play with him), so their best offer would be something like Ayton, Bridges, and others/picks. This could work with a sign and trade with Ayton.

Heat are another potential team as KD also wants to play with Butler. If the Heat include Bam in a package they could get something done. Not sure they'd do that though. That means they'd have to offer something with Lowry, Robinson, and/or Hero, etc... and I doubt that gets the Nets interest.

I wonder if the Blazers would flip newly acquired Grant (and add other pieces) for KD. Dame and KD would be a fun pairing imo.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom