NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Yes, Jayson…inbounds to Horford with his back to the basket with 1.8 seconds left. Brilliant

Hawks +2.5 games never in doubt lolllllll

Glad I stopped pretending to be a Celtics fan because a championship team closes the series out tonight. Especially when Embiid needs all the recovery time he can get.

Glad I stopped pretending to be a Celtics fan because a championship team closes the series out tonight. Especially when Embiid needs all the recovery time he can get.
They’re not Championship caliber. Even last year, when they went to the finals, they were lucky to squeak by a battered and mediocre Heat team.

Wow, sorry I had the Yanks on. Last I saw Celtics were up ten and then I stopped paying attention. Hawks outscore them 20-6 in the last 5:24. Crazy, with Boston at home in a clinching game. Good job Quin Snyder and Atlanta.

They’re not Championship caliber. Even last year, when they went to the finals, they were lucky to squeak by a battered and mediocre Heat team.
Celts have stretches where they are championship caliber but they are always followed by stretches where they just suck. Just can't close out like a championship team should be able to. To collapse at home like this is ridiculous.

Yupp they should have closed that series out in 6 but they played with their food. And here we are in a series that needed to be closed out tonight given all of the circumstances and they are still playing with their food.

I am taking Philly next series and will continue to fade until they are knocked out. If they somehow win a title, cool, my father is a fan and I have an excuse to go party in Boston. Lol

Celts have stretches where they are championship caliber but they are always followed by stretches where they just suck. Just can't close out like a championship team should be able to. To collapse at home like this is ridiculous.
No Celtics lead is safe.

Kawhi is a waste of money and a roster spot at this point. He might be the best player in the world when he plays in the playoffs but he uhhhh never plays.

Kawhi is a waste of money and a roster spot at this point. He might be the best player in the world when he plays in the playoffs but he uhhhh never plays.
It’s a waste of money to have both Leonard and George. If both are healthy during the offseason, one of them has to be traded.

From what I've seen in this series at least - Celtics offense gets too stagnant and iso-centric which usually means Tatum with a 10 second dribbling exhibition while moving nowhere.

Also Marcus Smart foul at half court cost them big time. I don't think Brown is a happy guy with his mates.

From what I've seen in this series at least - Celtics offense gets too stagnant and iso-centric which usually means Tatum with a 10 second dribbling exhibition while moving nowhere.

Also Marcus Smart foul at half court cost them big time. I don't think Brown is a happy guy with his mates.
Meanwhile the second unit passes the ball around and gets great looks. I’d play Brogdon over Smart at this point.

Meanwhile the second unit passes the ball around and gets great looks. I’d play Brogdon over Smart at this point.
I'd go White, Brogdon, Tatum, Brown and a Big. Also people were ripping Milwaukee for not taking the ball out of Butler's hands. Boston was still switching on young when he was feeling it. Get it out of his hands.

Fortunately for them, they may be the best team in a league of pretty average teams right now. There isn't really a single NBA team that is scary right now. Boston will get by Atlanta and probably be the favorites to win the title once Milwaukee is eliminated in these next couple days.

Fortunately for them, they may be the best team in a league of pretty average teams right now. There isn't really a single NBA team that is scary right now. Boston will get by Atlanta and probably be the favorites to win the title once Milwaukee is eliminated in these next couple days.
I think this year I am appreciating more than ever the difference between LeBron and the current upper echelon guys. A young LBJ would have buried the Hawks of the world. There would have been no six or seven game series. Giannis, Tatum, Joker (even though they held on last night) just aren't at that level. I think KD is, or is close, IF he can stay on the floor, but the truly elite greats close out playoff series, and the league is short in that regard.

I think this year I am appreciating more than ever the difference between LeBron and the current upper echelon guys. A young LBJ would have buried the Hawks of the world. There would have been no six or seven game series. Giannis, Tatum, Joker (even though they held on last night) just aren't at that level. I think KD is, or is close, IF he can stay on the floor, but the truly elite greats close out playoff series, and the league is short in that regard.
Eh, idk. Lebron definitely had his fair share of slip ups in his career too, and on the whole, the teams he was facing were generally worse than the teams that make up the Eastern Conference now.

Lebron was obviously a better player than the guys you're mentioning though. There's a reason he's considered at worst the 2nd best player of all-time while among that group, Giannis is maybe the only one that seems to have a chance at finishing Top 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom