NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 119 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I think this year I am appreciating more than ever the difference between LeBron and the current upper echelon guys. A young LBJ would have buried the Hawks of the world. There would have been no six or seven game series. Giannis, Tatum, Joker (even though they held on last night) just aren't at that level. I think KD is, or is close, IF he can stay on the floor, but the truly elite greats close out playoff series, and the league is short in that regard.
I kinda agree. Lebron was always at a consistent level of excellence. But, isn't Giannis playing injured? A healthy Giannis would have probably meant an easy series for the Bucks. That, though, also is a testament to Lebron, for being able to stay healthy enough to play at that elite level so consistently.

I'll keep admitting how dumb i was about Lebron. When he and Carmelo were about to enter the NBA, i didn't think Lebron would be nearly as great as he has been. I just saw a skinny kid with no ability to beat his man off the ball, and not a great jumper. I had no idea he'd morph into that freight train body and actually have the mentality for the work required to be at the top. I say all that and... i am not a Lebron fan.

Fortunately for them, they may be the best team in a league of pretty average teams right now. There isn't really a single NBA team that is scary right now. Boston will get by Atlanta and probably be the favorites to win the title once Milwaukee is eliminated in these next couple days.
The way that they're playing right now, would you trust the Celtics to beat the 76ers? And it's not as if the Celtics played well against either the Knicks (1-3) or Heat (2-2) this season.

The way that they're playing right now, would you trust the Celtics to beat the 76ers? And it's not as if the Celtics played well against either the Knicks (1-3) or Heat (2-2) this season.
I would definitely expect Boston to beat Philly, yes. Philly has a chance but Boston will for sure be favored and I think Boston would beat the Knicks or Heat in 5 or 6 games at the most. Miami legitimately sucks and the Boston is simply a much better team than the Knicks.

1st half went so well for the Knicks I was waiting for something to happen- unfortunately it was Julius going down with the left ankle again.
He was destroying the Cavs and Mobley in particular.
Knicks played well Q4 last game without Julius -hopefully they can do that for a half to win this series if he cant return.

1st half went so well for the Knicks I was waiting for something to happen- unfortunately it was Julius going down with the left ankle again.
He was destroying the Cavs and Mobley in particular.
Knicks played well Q4 last game without Julius -hopefully they can do that for a half to win this series if he cant return.

Have to assume he probably would have been out longer with the initial ankle injury if it wasn’t the playoffs. Probably a month instead of two weeks. Hope he can go, if not tonight then soon, but I’m not holding my breath.

If Mitchell leads Cavs to a comeback W, worry about momentum in this series and Knicks possibly losing it after up 3-1.

I kinda agree. Lebron was always at a consistent level of excellence. But, isn't Giannis playing injured? A healthy Giannis would have probably meant an easy series for the Bucks. That, though, also is a testament to Lebron, for being able to stay healthy enough to play at that elite level so consistently.

I'll keep admitting how dumb i was about Lebron. When he and Carmelo were about to enter the NBA, i didn't think Lebron would be nearly as great as he has been. I just saw a skinny kid with no ability to beat his man off the ball, and not a great jumper. I had no idea he'd morph into that freight train body and actually have the mentality for the work required to be at the top. I say all that and... i am not a Lebron fan.
I remember Ainge saying LeBron would have been #1 pick as a HS Jr.

Last edited:
I think this year I am appreciating more than ever the difference between LeBron and the current upper echelon guys. A young LBJ would have buried the Hawks of the world. There would have been no six or seven game series. Giannis, Tatum, Joker (even though they held on last night) just aren't at that level. I think KD is, or is close, IF he can stay on the floor, but the truly elite greats close out playoff series, and the league is short in that regard.
I’m not sure that’s fair. I think the “big two or three” era is over . To win now, you can’t have a stars and scrubs squad. You need a bunch of pretty good players who are all threats offensively and at least passable defensively .

I’m sitting here screaming—You’re taking Lopez out for Connaughton? No size at the rim. They didn’t need a three. Derp.

Butler should have been called for the offensive foul on the push off….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom