NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 120 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Thank god Miami won. I did not have any interest in watching another Bucks game this year. What an embarrassment.

They played nervous down the stretch. Surprising for a veteran team that has won it all.

But, whatever—the entire playoffs has been thrilling. Every series has something, even when they don’t go the distance. So many incredible plays.

Knicks/Heat baby!

1682598064075.jpeg

Last edited:
Wait Lopez wasn’t in the game to protect against that exact type of lob? And the bucks then didn’t call timeout? Are both of those things true?

Wait Lopez wasn’t in the game to protect against that exact type of lob? And the bucks then didn’t call timeout? Are both of those things true?

Spo took Bam out, presumably to see if Bud would take Brook out. Which he did.

And yes, no timeout. They also didn't call one on the final possession of the game, I think it's ok to try and push to get a look, but the possession was kind of dead.

I still cant believe the Knicks won. in 5!!! What!??!

They subbed him out at the last second because they wanted to switch everything since Miami put all their shooters on the floor.

Spo took Bam out, presumably to see if Bud would take Brook out. Which he did.

And yes, no timeout. They also didn't call one on the final possession of the game, I think it's ok to try and push to get a look, but the possession was kind of dead.

I still cant believe the Knicks won. in 5!!! What!??!
No timeout at the end of overtime was fine. Giannis in transition is exactly what we wanted. He just froze. Then Middleton froze. Then Grayson froze.

No timeout at the end of regulation is pretty brutal, though with the way Milwaukee was playing it’s hard to believe anything good would have come of it.

Just one of the more epic collapses you’ll ever see. Wes Matthews was probably the only player that did anything good the entire 4th quarter.

No timeout at the end of overtime was fine. Giannis in transition is exactly what we wanted. He just froze. Then Middleton froze. Then Grayson froze.

No timeout at the end of regulation is pretty brutal, though with the way Milwaukee was playing it’s hard to believe anything good would have come of it.

Just one of the more epic collapses you’ll ever see. Wes Matthews was probably the only player that did anything good the entire 4th quarter.
Yeah I agree - Bud had a rough series but his two stars ch...- froze is a good way to put it - and you can't really put that on Bud.

I think this year I am appreciating more than ever the difference between LeBron and the current upper echelon guys. A young LBJ would have buried the Hawks of the world. There would have been no six or seven game series. Giannis, Tatum, Joker (even though they held on last night) just aren't at that level. I think KD is, or is close, IF he can stay on the floor, but the truly elite greats close out playoff series, and the league is short in that regard.

It is and a lot of the younger players say all the right things because they watched Kobe etc but sometimes you wonder how many really care or want to win. I think there are plenty of players that love the $, don't love the game as much or really care if they win in the playoffs etc. You will never really know who but they are out there.

Yeah I'm thinking more when those guys froze. But I believe the Bucks bench was on the other side of the floor from where the possession was, maybe its hard to get a TO called there.

Yeah I'm thinking more when those guys froze. But I believe the Bucks bench was on the other side of the floor from where the possession was, maybe its hard to get a TO called there.

Giannis had a tough game even tho he had huge production. But Bud has to go. Losing games where Jimmy Buckets is climbing a mountaing back is unacceptable. They had to bounce Doug from MJ, Riley was the one that landed with Magic and Kareem, etc. Coaching matters.

Giannis with Bud, Luka with Kidd, etc.

Giannis is going to end up like a top 15 guy of all time and Luka needs to win, but his ceiling is super high as well.

People can laugh at the Bucks right now, but they still have Giannis. Will win another 50 some odd games next year and be right back in it.

Milwaukee need to change things up outside of Bud. Holliday and/or Middleton need to be shipped out while they still have some value.

Lopez had his best and most available season in at least 5 years, but he is 34 so I won't be surprised if he takes a step back next season.

Outside of Giannis, Portis, and Allen that team is starting to age.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom