NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

Who's got the bleaker future in LA? I say Clippers. They mortgaged their future for an injury prone flake and an injury prone sociopath.
OK, I’ll take the bait…

Neither team has much in the way of draft picks.

The Clippers have the wealthiest owner in US sports, arguably the best front office in the NBA, and will be moving into a new arena in a couple of years. It didn’t take long to pivot from the Lob City era to the 213 era, so they’ve done this before.

The Lakers are cash-strapped and their front office strategy is throwing spaghetti at the wall. LBJ can’t play forever and AD is just as injury prone as Leonard and George.

Any questions?

I don’t know if I can watch much of this series. The amount of flopping going on already on both sides is ridiculous.

OK, I’ll take the bait…

Neither team has much in the way of draft picks.

The Clippers have the wealthiest owner in US sports, arguably the best front office in the NBA, and will be moving into a new arena in a couple of years. It didn’t take long to pivot from the Lob City era to the 213 era, so they’ve done this before.

The Lakers are cash-strapped and their front office strategy is throwing spaghetti at the wall. LBJ can’t play forever and AD is just as injury prone as Leonard and George.

Any questions?
I think you had the Clips as a title contender and the Lakers missing the playoffs this year though…

I think you had the Clips as a title contender and the Lakers missing the playoffs this year though…
I never said the Lakers would miss the playoffs. I said they would finish last in the division, which they did.

Hard to win without your two best players. Clippers would have beat the Suns with just Leonard. And George would have come back this round.

I see the Lakers have 11 FTA this half and the Warriors have none. So that’s how it’s going to be…

I see the Lakers have 11 FTA this half and the Warriors have none. So that’s how it’s going to be…
Different styles so expect a difference but no NBA team should ever never shoot a FT in a half.

I never said the Lakers would miss the playoffs. I said they would finish last in the division, which they did.

Hard to win without your two best players. Clippers would have beat the Suns with just Leonard. And George would have come back this round.
To be fair you probably said that before the trades.

I’ve been down on some of Pelinka’s moves over the years, but getting Russell, Vanderbilt, Beasley, and Rui while giving up very little….we basically went from a team with 4-5 legit rotation guys to having a solid 8-9.

All the Warriors do is shoot 3’s. They’ve taken 26 of them.

The Lakers get the ball in the paint and attack the rim.

Hard to believe….

Different styles so expect a difference but no NBA team should ever never shoot a FT in a half.
The T-Wolves went the entire second half of the play-in without a FTA, until AD’s foul at the last second (which they had to call).

To be fair you probably said that before the trades.

I’ve been down on some of Pelinka’s moves over the years, but getting Russell, Vanderbilt, Beasley, and Rui while giving up very little….we basically went from a team with 4-5 legit rotation guys to having a solid 8-9.
Said what before the trades?

That’s the thing about throwing spaghetti at the wall. Some of it’s gonna stick.

All the Warriors do is shoot 3’s. They’ve taken 26 of them.

The Lakers get the ball in the paint and attack the rim.

Hard to believe….
The Warriors shot at least 18 free throws in every game against the Kings. More than 20 in all but two games. They had 35 and 30 FTA in games 6 and 7.

The only thing hard to believe is you really thinking this is legit.

The Warriors shot at least 18 free throws in every game against the Kings. More than 20 in all but two games. They had 35 and 30 FTA in games 6 and 7.

The only thing hard to believe is you really thinking this is legit.
So what? They’ve taken 30 3’s tonight. The Lakers have taken 8.

Are you even watching the game?

Two free throws in an entire half.
Hard to get fouled on perimeter jumpers.

I remember in the Big East days when ND fans used to freak out that SU would shoot way more FT’s every time we played them, even though they spent the whole game shooting 3’s and Cuse posted up and went to the hole.

It’s a style of play difference.

The NBA is conspiring against the team that’s won 4 championships in 9 years! Lol.
Talking Heads GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

I said this about SAC too. LAL is the better team for sure 1-10. GS with home court and championship level players including best shooter ever are the reason they’d win this series.

Hard to get fouled on perimeter jumpers.

I remember in the Big East days when ND fans used to freak out that SU would shoot way more FT’s every time we played them, even though they spent the whole game shooting 3’s and Cuse posted up and went to the hole.

It’s a style of play difference.

I mean, it’s laughable to suggest it’s just a difference in style. The above version of the graph was created in March. The disparity was over 400 by the end of the season.

I mean, it’s laughable to suggest it’s just a difference in style. The above version of the graph was created in March. The disparity was over 400 by the end of the season.
You’re talking about March and the Kings, but I swear there’s no way you’re actually watching this game, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom