NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 140 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

I really try and not focus on the stuff like a guy is a playoff choker or whatever, but Randle's playoff stats are just awful. He's played 12 playoff games (in two seasons, both years he was named an all star). He's shooting 32.3% from the field, 65-201. 22-81 from 3. He's shot over 40% from the field in 2 of his 12 playoff games; one of them was Game 5 in Cleveland where he shot 4-9 but only played 16 minutes. (he actually looked like he was gonna have a really good game there too, thats a shame).

Here's a fun fake trade I give 0% chance of happening; Philly flames out in this round and the Knicks trade Mitch and Randle with some firsts for Embiid.

I like Randle. I like that the team is a winning team. I know we can still win this series.

But at the end of the day, we don't have a guy talented enough to win the chip and that's where we need to get to.

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

Again, I hope the Knicks are tampering already for Luka, Giannis, you name it. This team is great for entertainment, but not for a title.

I really try and not focus on the stuff like a guy is a playoff choker or whatever, but Randle's playoff stats are just awful. He's played 12 playoff games (in two seasons, both years he was named an all star). He's shooting 32.3% from the field, 65-201. 22-81 from 3. He's shot over 40% from the field in 2 of his 12 playoff games; one of them was Game 5 in Cleveland where he shot 4-9 but only played 16 minutes. (he actually looked like he was gonna have a really good game there too, thats a shame).

Here's a fun fake trade I give 0% chance of happening; Philly flames out in this round and the Knicks trade Mitch and Randle with some firsts for Embiid.

If Boston stays locked in I don't see Philly taking the series. Maxey and Harris have been too pedestrian and Harden maybe is good for one more big game. Embiid is laboring still to boot. It's a fun hypothetical but assume Philly would demand Robinson which is an issue. Embiid needs to be able to play fewer minutes to not physically fall apart as he gets older. Fun idea though.

Mazzulla should be fire if they lose this series. How do you not call a TO?

Smart and Draymond are both DPOY guys and both look for the charge all the time.

It’s a joke.

Neither are close to when Kawhi was cooking or Giannis when he’s healthy.

These guys should cut part of their salary to the stars they actually play with so they can do this BS and get commended for it.

Heck, AD when he’s playing is 10x more important than these dudes.

Smart and Draymond are both DPOY guys and both look for the charge all the time.

It’s a joke.

Neither are close to when Kawhi was cooking or Giannis when he’s healthy.

These guys should cut part of their salary to the stars they actually play with so they can do this BS and get commended for it.

Heck, AD when he’s playing is 10x more important than these dudes.
I absolutely hated that Embiid/Smart charging call. That is everything I hate about college b-ball for the last 20 years, and I hate when it pops up in the pro game.

Embiid was trying to score, and tried to go around Smart. Embiid didn’t make contact and gain an advantage. The contact that he tried to avoid made his shot tougher. He gained zero advantage from it.

Smart was trying to get Embiid to run into him. He made zero attempt to defend. He just tried to get in the way and fall. Even moved his body forward to lean into Embiid. It’s a joke. Worst play in basketball.

Then Embiid goes straight up to try to block Tatum, who turns his body and chucks the ball over his head, and that’s a foul on Embiid? He jumped straight up and contested the shot - which wasn’t even a real shot.

Players should be encouraged to jump and contest shots on drives, and discouraged from standing in the way and trying to get run over. It would be a way better sport.

Harden was incredible. Even that game winning shot - catching it where he caught it and rebalancing makes the shot a lot tougher. Some of those floaters he made. 42, 8, and 8 on 16-23 shooting? Jeez.

Harden was incredible. Even that game winning shot - catching it where he caught it and rebalancing makes the shot a lot tougher. Some of those floaters he made. 42, 8, and 8 on 16-23 shooting? Jeez.
No idea why White has taken such a diminished role in the playoffs. From what I saw, which wasn’t a lot, he seemed to be a better option on Harden.

I absolutely hated that Embiid/Smart charging call. That is everything I hate about college b-ball for the last 20 years, and I hate when it pops up in the pro game.

Embiid was trying to score, and tried to go around Smart. Embiid didn’t make contact and gain an advantage. The contact that he tried to avoid made his shot tougher. He gained zero advantage from it.

Smart was trying to get Embiid to run into him. He made zero attempt to defend. He just tried to get in the way and fall. Even moved his body forward to lean into Embiid. It’s a joke. Worst play in basketball.

Then Embiid goes straight up to try to block Tatum, who turns his body and chucks the ball over his head, and that’s a foul on Embiid? He jumped straight up and contested the shot - which wasn’t even a real shot.

Players should be encouraged to jump and contest shots on drives, and discouraged from standing in the way and trying to get run over. It would be a way better sport.
That call was lame, IMO. I did think it should have been a block on Smart. That said, how many steps did Embiid take before that?

It was hilarious how many Boston fans thought this would be a 5 game series. This team does not have whatever “it” is to win a title.

It was hilarious how many Boston fans thought this would be a 5 game series. This team does not have whatever “it” is to win a title.
I mean somebody has to have "it" but I can't tell who that is right now. I've said all year the Nuggs don't have it either, now not so sure. As it tightens up it'll get very interesting, these playoffs seem so different.

It just seems like a crazy knee jerk reaction to me. The Bucks are in the midst of their best stretch since like the 70s and they just had the best record in the league.
Giannis will be the next disgruntled superstar

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom