NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 142 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

He's a very good basketball player.

He can't be the best guy on a title team. Brunson can't either.

But, we're competitive and the 2nd round of the playoffs isn't a bad year even if we get bounced.

I've given up on RJ ever making a leap.

Two years ago, RJ shot 40% from three on over 300 attempts. This year, he shot 31% on 80 more attempts than 20/21. That's a killer regression.

He's a very good basketball player.

He can't be the best guy on a title team. Brunson can't either.

But, we're competitive and the 2nd round of the playoffs isn't a bad year even if we get bounced.

I've given up on RJ ever making a leap.
The Knicks don't have an elite player forcing Brunson and Julius into spots they aren't suited for. For me, this off season they need to move on from Julius and or RJ.

Two years ago, RJ shot 40% from three on over 300 attempts. This year, he shot 31% on 80 more attempts than 20/21. That's a killer regression.

The other game he had four straight bonehead possessions. It just can't happen. He still thinks he's the #1 recruit in HS coming out.

With the benefit of hindsight (and let's be honest, foresight, this was easy to see) that 21 season was such an outlier.

31% at Duke
32% as a rookie
40% year 2
34% year 3
31% year 4

The Knicks don't have an elite player forcing Brunson and Julius into spots they aren't suited for. For me, this off season they need to move on from Julius and or RJ.

I think it's Randle. He is good, but he isnt great and he does so many stupid things that drive me crazy. I will say, I saw a lot of comments (here and elsewhere) saying he was one of the worst contracts in the league, which I always thought was pretty dumb. He has 2/52, plus a player option for 25-26 at like $28 million which I think he declines (that should be the first year with the new tv money and higher cap). He can be a part of a big trade I think

With the benefit of hindsight (and let's be honest, foresight, this was easy to see) that 21 season was such an outlier.

31% at Duke
32% as a rookie
40% year 2
34% year 3
31% year 4

I think it's Randle. He is good, but he isnt great and he does so many stupid things that drive me crazy. I will say, I saw a lot of comments (here and elsewhere) saying he was one of the worst contracts in the league, which I always thought was pretty dumb. He has 2/52, plus a player option for 25-26 at like $28 million which I think he declines (that should be the first year with the new tv money and higher cap). He can be a part of a big trade I think

It was an outlier, but it wasn't like it was a small sample size. 40% for an entire season on that many attempts is pretty solid. I figured he would settle in as an annual 36-38% shooter from deep. 31% on that volume is abysmal.

I can’t stand Barrett. Thought he was overrated in HS, but once kids are ranked that high it’s hard to get the bias out of the experts heads.

31% at Duke
32% as a rookie
40% year 2
34% year 3
31% year 4

He played at Duke? Thought he was ky,,?

Ya ain't cheatin' ya ain't tryin'.
Agreed, but that’s basically every team in the league at this point too.

It’s garbage. Literally pushing guys out past the three point line. Basically boxing them out on ball screens. It’s impossible to play D. I guarantee if Mitch sticks his leg out 1/2 an inch though, he’ll get called for an illegal screen.

It’s garbage. Literally pushing guys out past the three point line. Basically boxing them out on ball screens. It’s impossible to play D. I guarantee if Mitch sticks his leg out 1/2 an inch though, he’ll get called for an illegal screen.
For some reason all I can think of is the Johnny Knoxville basketball thing.

That might be the worst challenge in the history of challenges in any sport.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess?

That Strus dunk got me thinking. Is there a website that tracks player dunks?

The Knicks have played like trash but the officiating tonight has been a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom