NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

The roster is really bad right now, but I think they need to build around Mitchell. Otherwise, it's going to be a ten year rebuild. Unless they completely tank this season and get the #1 pick. Regardless, I might be done being a Jazz fan. I've never liked Ainge, so unless he gives me a reason to hang on. They do have a lot of draft assets, but until you turn them into a winning team they have no real value. And that's what the whole Gobert trade was about. To get a roster that can win a championship. We will see.
I kind of like the building stage. I'm much more interested now than I was last season.

The Rudy move doesn't makes sense if you're also not shipping Donovan out. Take that thing down to the studs, tank, use your lotto pick and the other picks and all your cap space and get a new squad.

I kind of like the building stage. I'm much more interested now than I was last season.

The Rudy move doesn't makes sense if you're also not shipping Donovan out. Take that thing down to the studs, tank, use your lotto pick and the other picks and all your cap space and get a new squad.

Yeah the whole "building around Mitchell" thing strikes me as posturing. Whats the path to being good in the next year or two? May as well take it all down

I get it. Why else hire a young coach to work with all the young players. I just don't feel it was needed. I wonder what Dwyane Wade thinks.

Fun start off the tip in the Detroit Boeheims Pistons SL game. Ivey dribble drive, alley-oop to Duren. Third possession Stewart nails the trey. The bros aren't in the starting lineup (fyi).

Edit: Here is the 1st play I was referring to...

Last edited:
I get it. Why else hire a young coach to work with all the young players. I just don't feel it was needed. I wonder what Dwyane Wade thinks.

D Wade probably thinks that D Mitch isn’t as good as he was.

You aren’t bringing in Ainge and a young coach on a five year deal to not rebuild with Ainge’s vision.

I highly doubt Mitchell is a part of that.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s shipped around the trade deadline.

Not a lot of great FA options left...
Where do we think Melo ends up?

I'd love to see him on the Bulls as a backup PF, but I don't think that is likely. Chicago needs a backup PF-- a more defensive one though. They don't necessarily need the scorer, but like I said I am here for it.

It will for Damian!
I'm no NBA cap or talent guru but this seems insane. I've never been on the Dame is Top 10 train anyway, but this just seems like overkill. Reward contract for one good playoff run?

This is always great. Have some nitpicks, but enjoyed reading/listening to this pod:

Used to love his trade lists, haven't seen one in a few years probably.

Giannis has to be first I think, but I almost think Steph is more untouchable to GS than Giannis is to the Bucks. I just cant imagine the Warriors ever trading Steph

Used to love his trade lists, haven't seen one in a few years probably.

Giannis has to be first I think, but I almost think Steph is more untouchable to GS than Giannis is to the Bucks. I just cant imagine the Warriors ever trading Steph

On the podcast they said that none of the guys in the top four would be traded from what I remember. Basically each team is respectively hanging up. But Giannis is #1.

[Edit: Top four are 4. Steph 3. Jokic 2. Luka 1. Giannis]

I saw one of the Jazz writers saying the Knicks are expected to make an offer soon and they can probably offer the best package of any interested team.

Yeah, this has been a long time coming I think. CAA connection.

Will be interested to see what the Knicks are willing to part with, but it sounds like it could be a haul.

Yeah, this has been a long time coming I think. CAA connection.

Will be interested to see what the Knicks are willing to part with, but it sounds like it could be a haul.

I assume there's no package that doesn't include RJ Barrett, so you'd basically end up with Donovan surrounded by crap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom