NBA Thread 2022-23 Season | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2022-23 Season

If he gets this shot down nobody is guarding him.

Yeah. It was very clear he's just better at basketball than other guys and can do stuff they can't.

Also, he has some edge. He plays kind of pissed off. Which he needs at his size. But he plays like he gives a crap and looks like his attitude isn't that he needs to prove himself, but that he's going to make guys look stupid when they challenge him. He had like 6 blocks. He wasn't even chasing them. It was just in the flow of the game. Nasty. Oh, and hit like 4 or 5 three pointers.

Yeah. It was very clear he's just better at basketball than other guys and can do stuff they can't.

Also, he has some edge. He plays kind of pissed off. Which he needs at his size. But he plays like he gives a crap and looks like his attitude isn't that he needs to prove himself, but that he's going to make guys look stupid when they challenge him. He had like 6 blocks. He wasn't even chasing them. It was just in the flow of the game. Nasty. Oh, and hit like 4 or 5 three pointers.
That’s a “Dirk” shot. Man, he’s already got that?

The shots these elite guys take and make now….lol. They’re such bad shots for 99.9% of basketball players.

That’s a “Dirk” shot. Man, he’s already got that?

The shots these elite guys take and make now….lol. They’re such bad shots for 99.9% of basketball players.
A little before that he juked the guy guarding him and hit a step back three from straight on.

Also, Giddey is really good. Dude looks completely in control. Really slick passer. He had 11 assists I think. Just super smooth and gets it to guys so that it's easy for them to finish.

You think LeBron would eat a garbage plate?
Not from the originator, Nick Tahou’s. Yuch. No shortage of plates in Rochester, though — including vegetarian — and the best may be Dogtown’s on Monroe Ave in the city.

Last edited:
A little before that he juked the guy guarding him and hit a step back three from straight on.

Also, Giddey is really good. Dude looks completely in control. Really slick passer. He had 11 assists I think. Just super smooth and gets it to guys so that it's easy for them to finish.

OKC probably has one of the best summer league rosters of all time this summer. 3 top 12 picks, and many young players who played with them last year.

Rumours out there that the Pacers are about to sign Ayton to an offer sheet. If Phoenix has to match the offer sheet can no longer trade Ayton this summer, and he becomes very difficult to trade until the summer of 2023.

If this happens it could significantly deflate the Durant market. The Suns were controlling the market to a certain degree, as I'm not sure anybody was willing to beat the Ayton/Bridges/picks offer if the Suns went there.

In the last couple weeks, LeBron has added Pippen, O'Neal, and now Bryant. Those are quite the 'HOF' additions...

Why is Giddey playing? To get reps with Chet I assume, but I would not have him out there. They know that kid can hoop.

Why is Giddey playing? To get reps with Chet I assume, but I would not have him out there. They know that kid can hoop.
Still 19 and only played 54 games in the US and was done for the year in Feb. Perfect spot for him to go in and get a few runs in and show he's the best player on the court besides maybe Chet.

Rumours out there that the Pacers are about to sign Ayton to an offer sheet. If Phoenix has to match the offer sheet can no longer trade Ayton this summer, and he becomes very difficult to trade until the summer of 2023.

If this happens it could significantly deflate the Durant market. The Suns were controlling the market to a certain degree, as I'm not sure anybody was willing to beat the Ayton/Bridges/picks offer if the Suns went there.
Makes all the sense in the world for them. Fits their timeline and then they can auction off Turner to the highest bidder and come out ahead.

Makes all the sense in the world for them. Fits their timeline and then they can auction off Turner to the highest bidder and come out ahead.

They may as well do it now I think but the Suns have to match the deal. They cant let Ayton walk for nothing.

Feels kinda like a game of chicken right now. I dont think the Suns or the Nets want Ayton to get an offer sheet. Indy probably knows the Suns will match so they arent dying to do it either. They should bluff heavy that they are and try and get the Suns to send them some compensation not to.

They may as well do it now I think but the Suns have to match the deal. They cant let Ayton walk for nothing.

Feels kinda like a game of chicken right now. I dont think the Suns or the Nets want Ayton to get an offer sheet. Indy probably knows the Suns will match so they arent dying to do it either. They should bluff heavy that they are and try and get the Suns to send them some compensation not to.

That's an interesting point on Indiana. They have to think Phoenix matches, so why not extract some cheap value out of them now.

Then again Phoenix has historically done some really strange things in the name of being cheap. So maybe they just let him go.

I suppose if they threaten or use RFA they could get blackballed by some other teams. I know in the NHL there is sometimes backlash from several teams if you upset the apple cart and try to go the RFA route that will be matched.

I could see Turner and small pieces end up in Phoenix in a sign and trade, or in an offsetting trade.

While there is no requirement for Indiana to do a sign and trade, it might be the move they need to do for Phoenix not to match.

I feel the NBA is still in a period of "Rudy"flation after last week's trade.

I think the longer the Nets wait, even a month or two, the market will start to adjust from the Rudy trade and view it more and more as a one-off outlier rather than any sort of a market setter.

I have heard anyone give any real support to the Wolves for that trade yet.

OKC probably has one of the best summer league rosters of all time this summer. 3 top 12 picks, and many young players who played with them last year.
Yeah, obviously young and developing, but there's a whole lot of talent there. It's easy to see.
Couple reasons, he's still really young and the developmental time is good. I think he is there to build chemistry with Chet, Williams, and Deing. Same with Puka. But also the OKC summer league roster is built weird. They don't really have a point guard when Giddey checks out. He's a great tone setter though, at least seemed that way last night.

I did see somewhere that OKC is going to manage summer league a little differently. The Utah summer league they're leaning a lot on their vets, but in Vegas they'll go heavier on their new guys.

I think the combo of the Gobert haul plus Durant on the market has paralyzed everyone into inaction.

It's going to thaw at some point and we'll see some moves.

The Jazz definitely need to move some dudes. The roster as is right now makes no sense.

I'm pro full rebuild and gutting the team. Would take whatever the Knicks want to give for Mitchell so long as it includes draft picks.

Today is the last day that the Bulls can use the $5M trade exception that they received from the Daniel Theis sign-and-trade. Reinsdorf's cheap a$$ will let it pass, so he doesn't have to pay the tax... again.

I think the combo of the Gobert haul plus Durant on the market has paralyzed everyone into inaction.

It's going to thaw at some point and we'll see some moves.

The Jazz definitely need to move some dudes. The roster as is right now makes no sense.

I'm pro full rebuild and gutting the team. Would take whatever the Knicks want to give for Mitchell so long as it includes draft picks.
The roster is really bad right now, but I think they need to build around Mitchell. Otherwise, it's going to be a ten year rebuild. Unless they completely tank this season and get the #1 pick. Regardless, I might be done being a Jazz fan. I've never liked Ainge, so unless he gives me a reason to hang on. They do have a lot of draft assets, but until you turn them into a winning team they have no real value. And that's what the whole Gobert trade was about. To get a roster that can win a championship. We will see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom